PDA

View Full Version : BIG step with my wife!

soccervixen
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I am shaking as I write this ... in a good way. :happy:

As I went into a clothes buying binge this week, I began to wonder where I would hide the skirts and shoes I was buying. My house is small, and space is at a premium. I wasn't coming up with any solutions.

I just returned on Monday from a trip overseas. I normally don't suffer jetlag, and hadn't after this trip ... until this morning at about 3:30 am. Lying in bed trying to sleep, wide eyed! So I began thinking about this clothes dilemma. And I began to ask myself, "Why don't you just tell her you want to be able to dress at home when the kids aren't around or when you're by yourself?" She had accepted my underdressing, even helping sometimes. But I was still worried about how she would respond.

So during breakfast while there was some quiet before the 2 teenage boys got up, I told her I wanted to ask her something. Then I prefaced it with her acceptance of my wearing panties, camis, etc. Then I asked how she would feel if I wanted to wear a skirt, top, and shoes around the house when I could be private. She asked, "where did this come from?" Uh oh. So I said, I am not sure, but it's been growing over the past 6 months. She said it's OK with her, she just doesn't want anything bad to come of it for me down the road. I asked several clarifying questions to make sure it was really OK with her, and she confirmed it was. I affirmed I had no desire to become a woman, that I was committed to her as her man and husband, but I just liked to wear their clothes and shoes, enjoyed the look and feel. She said OK! :love:

So then a while later I asked where I could get a skirt hanger, and she told me. I told her I had ordered a couple pair of shoes through ebay, and I wanted to get my own clothes to not wear hers. Being conservative financially, she just said "don't spend too much!". She also joked she may have to borrow some of my clothes sometime!

So what did I do? Went out, got 2 skirt hangers, a half slip, a pair of black stretch pants all at K-Mart, then to the thrift store where I picked up 3 skirts and 2 wonderful tops - jean skirt, ankle length black jersey (Geoffrey Beene), and a pretty blue with yellow flowers. One top is black with 3/4 sleeves and embroidery on the sleeves. I am wearing the blue one now with my new white long sleeve ribbed top and wedge sandals, and it feels so good!!!!!!

I am off work today, and really don't want to do much but wear different outfits until my kids get home in 3 hours!

Jenny Beth
04-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Sounds like your wife doesn't have a problem with it but a word of a advice. You know the old saying, give them an inch they take a mile, overdoing it here could have her backing away. Don't overwhelm her all at once, go slow and always remember there has to be time for her too. Good luck!

Darlene Dippy
04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Vixen

Really happy for you.

Before your big step, actually it seems like a giant leap to me, I think you
were pretty much where I am now. My wife accepts me wearing underwear; stockings,
suspenders, panties; under outer drab. I sense, or is it fear, that to move on
may get a big negative reaction. Perhaps I do her a disservice and she would be as
understanding as you wife.

Well anyway you certaininy have the dice rolling 6s for you!

Huts and lots of envy

Darlene

Billijo49504
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
It sounds like you have a real keeper there. She deserves some reward for being so supportive. Flowers, dinner out or maybe a shopping trip for both of you. And make sure she is getting something new too....BJ

soccervixen
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Billijo -

I'm with you. I got her a cute pair or wedge sandals which she likes, and took her a red rose at lunch today while she was at work.

MrsDawnL GG
04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm glad that your wife is being there for you. From what I've seen/read, I must be in the minority as a GG SO. Oh, sure, when my SO first told me, well being surprised is not the word for it. But....it was something that he really wanted to do. He is the "man" that I love, whether he's wearing jeans or a dress. I love shopping for him. Just bought him 6 new outfits tonight.....oh how I love a sale.....

Taking your love a rose was a great touch.

Be as open with her as you can and I'm sure she'll always be there for you

NewBetty
04-20-2007, 10:54 PM
So excellent for you!
What a sense of relief you must be feeling to have been honest about your needs and have them granted with love , comraderie(she wants to borrow YOUR stuff,how cool)and support. I see looking through these pages since I joined last week that acceptance by one's SO is not typical at all.

Tina Dixon
04-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey good for you, but becareful, you could get cought by the young ones.

Billijo49504
04-21-2007, 12:17 AM
And Mrs. DawnL, If you are excepting, you too dserve a special treatment. My wife was very excepting of me, so I went out with her on a shopping trip, we bought many things for me, but also many for her. And she reallyt appreciated it. My perfume is cheap, Coty. Hers is over $79 an ounce. And that is just fine with me...BJ

DAVIDA
04-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I am very happy for you! Treat her well!
I have the pleasure of dressing every day at home, but the best thing is when Jean goes shopping with me!
We are blessed!
Love, Davida

psion128
04-21-2007, 08:43 AM
OMG, dude, you got it made. If your SO is so laid back about it, I say go for it. Just keep it a in the closet thing from the kids. Since she is ok with it. Run with it girl! I totally encourage it. The kids don't run thru ur closet and personal stuff (i hope they don't) so just do it! Just like slogan says. Just Do It!....

psion128

Rachel Morley
04-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Awesome news! I'm really happy that your wife is ok with it. All being well, it sounds like you're in for really happy times ahead with your dressing. :happy: