PDA

View Full Version : Lock up the kids, there's a tranny outside!

terrinoble
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Unfriggingbelievable. :rolleyes:

Cranbrook Schools went into lockdown today after parents reported seeing a man dressed as a woman near a campus bus stop.

Police have not located the man, described as a white male about 6 feet tall, wearing a gray or blonde wig, lipstick, flowered skirt and high heels.

The man - seen standing near the upper lot of the Kingswood School parking lot around 7:50 a.m. - prompted the school to go into lockdown. At 9:20 a.m., the lockdown was lifted and the students resumed their daily schedules, officials noted.

link to article (http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/041807/loc_2007041877.shtml)

Wenda
04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
You Said It!!!:eek:

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Hmmm... If it's near NYC, then I propose we meet there. You know, just a bunch of friends meeting on the corner before going for coffee. Just off campus, of course.

EricaCD
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
It wasn't me.

But you are definitely right. The correct response here is "puh-leeeze!"

Kate Simmons
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
humph? A lot of power that to mobilize an entire school and the police. Guess we are "movers and shakers" after all.:happy: Sal

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Good Lord! If they're terrified of us, that doesn't make us terrorists, does it?

Eva Diva
04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
They're always looking for Mr Stranger-Danger. No matter how many times they're told that the danger is greatest at home.

Stephenie S
04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Yup, it does.

Tamara Croft
04-20-2007, 07:22 PM
I see none of have asked the curious question... why was he hanging around a school that early in the morning?

AllThingsPretty
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I see none of have asked the curious question... why was he hanging around a school that early in the morning?

I was thinking the same thing.

michelleupnorth
04-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I just wrote the paper with this response to that BS. They will probably ignore it.

I can't believe that they went to all that trouble to lock the school down after seeing a man in a dress. I have yet to see any man in a dress shooting people, they are usually men dressed in fatigues, black ninja stuff, or long trench coats to hide the guns. I can't help but wonder what they were thinking. My opinion is that if someone wanted to start shooting up a place they would want to blend in and not be noticed by someone until they reach their objective.

Just so you are aware I am a woman who was born a man and I'll be starting HRT in July. So unfortunately right now if I feel like wearing a dress in public I am subjected to harassment and ridicule for the way I dress. There are many men out there that wear dresses but because of how society views us they stay in the closet. Some are cross dressers and others are going thru transition, we come from all walks of life.

With this kind of a reaction it makes it harder and harder for those of us that would like to wear whatever they feel like wearing. Maybe some education instead of having people fear us would do this world some good.

I am in the Military and have spent 26 years fighting and defending my rights as a human being and shouldn't be frowned on because I wear a skirt and heels.

Michelle

michelleupnorth
04-20-2007, 07:31 PM

I'm up early in the morning. She may have just been passing thru or waiting to catch the bus, or waiting for it to not be so busy so she could go on her way without having teenagers taunt her. We shall never know but I do feel that the officials over reacted

Tamara Croft
04-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm up early in the morning. She may have just been passing thru or waiting to catch the bus, or waiting for it to not be so busy so she could go on her way without having teenagers taunt her. We shall never know but I do feel that the officials over reactedPassing through the parking lot then walking up to the school?? that's not passing through is it...

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I'd've loved to see the principal's face if one of the kids went running over shouting, "Daddy! My classroom's this way. Can you eat lunch with me?"

michelleupnorth
04-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Passing through the parking lot then walking up to the school?? that's not passing through is it...

Quote From the paper
a suspicious man dressed as a woman near a campus bus stop.
Police described a white male about 6 feet tall, wearing a gray or blond wig, lipstick, a flowered skirt, a dark coat and high heels.

Parents first spotted the man standing near the Kingswood School parking lot around 7:50 a.m., school officials said.

"He was walking up the lot toward Kingswood School,"

He was walking torward the school? Unless the school is at a complete dead end so what. He may have had to walk toward the school to get home.

I still think they over reacted

Kate Simmons
04-20-2007, 07:44 PM
True enough Tam...it doesn't sound quite "right". Still, you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys these days, regardless of whether they wear a uniform even. Everyone is being cautious and a bit paranoid after this past week. Can't say as I blame them really as you never really know.:straightface:

Tamara Croft
04-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Maybe they did over react, but after what happened a few days ago, I think they had good reason. Don't excuse the guy because he was dressed as a woman. He might not even be a CD, is all I'm saying.

A lot of people are using this kind of disguise, look at that terrorist that dressed as a woman to get out of the country... he wasn't a CD....

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I suppose the scary person's civil rights weren't violated, since they never found her. It worries me, though, when just being different is cause for such brouhaha.

DanaJ
04-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow - talk about not passing :)

michelleupnorth
04-20-2007, 07:56 PM

Now that is funny, I can't stop laughing:lol: :lol2:

Sharon
04-20-2007, 08:00 PM

Maybe it was an actual woman.

AllThingsPretty
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Maybe it was an actual woman.

I dont know if this is really funny or really sad.:D

terrinoble
04-20-2007, 08:08 PM
At least he wasn't like this person (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0405071drag1.html)!

AllThingsPretty
04-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Now that would be rough:devil:

michelleupnorth
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
At least he wasn't like this person (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0405071drag1.html)!

That person has other issues. He fondled himself in public and deserves to be locked up.

terrinoble
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
That person has other issues. He fondled himself in public and deserves to be locked up.

Agreed. Bikini Boy makes us look rather bad.

Even if I had the body for it, I would never wear a bikini in a public park!

Billijo49504
04-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Well I too think thaings are being over reacted. There is a site that talks about the VT shooting. They say that those legal gun toting ppl, can't carry on campus. Just think if there was a armed person there, "that SOB could have been stoped much sooner...BJ

VA Tech official praised defeat of student self-defense proposal in 2006
A Virginia Tech official in 2006 praised the defeat of a proposal to allow students with state-issued concealed handgun permits to carry their handguns on college campuses in Virginia. At least 20 unarmed students were killed on the VA Tech campus Monday morning by a single gunman.

Quite ironic isn't it. the count now is at 31 dead. Who knows how many could have been saved is one student had a handgun?

sterling12
04-21-2007, 01:50 AM
I agree with Tamara. Right now, for better or worse, all school authorities are going to error on the side of caution. We would be saying that "they done it wrong", if ANYBODY out of the norm was near a school and something bad happened. At this point CDs and a lot of other folks unfortunately fall into that category. I'm not sure it's right, but an unfortunate truth.

Now to another issue. Billie Jo, don't want to argue with you but puh-leeze! Virginia Tech is a lousy argument for The Gun Lobby People. The idea of our College Campuses being populated with 20 somethings and pre-20 somethings, all armed to the teeth.....what a bad idea! Last I checked more than a few of these kids; A.) have been known to Drink a lot B.) Have been known to take drugs C.) Have been known to have a lot of arguments with their friends and lovers. Lets not give them an easy opportunity to do something spontaneous that could involve firearms. I don't think you will find many parents who would want their son or daughter, or somebody's else's son or daughter, running around the campus with their "Gat." Don't think many Campus Cops would be thrilled either.

I just talked with Local Campus Police tonight, (happened to be there for a lecture), and asked The Sergeant if they were now on "high alert" and if they were quickly forming new contingency plans. Guess what? Yeah, that's exactly what every Campus Police Department is now doing. I think we would be wise to leave law enforcement to The Professionals. If Somebody screwed up at VT, I doubt they will make that same mistake, in the same way twice.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Billijo49504
04-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Well Sterling12, when my daugther was in college, she had a 22 pistol, A S&W model41 and a 22 rifle, an older Mossberg target model to shoot on their range. But her favorite pistol was a Colt Commander 45 cal. Oh, she was about 4 foot nothing and about a hundred pounds wet. To date, she has shot a deer and a turkey and defended her family, when her husband was at work...BJ

goofus
04-21-2007, 06:52 PM

But the cops sure took a lot of pictures of him. Was that really necessary?

MJ
04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
you want to know something funny or sad i live right across for a school and so far i am still alive , but my biggest fear is being outed and the crap that would follow...

Minerva Morgan
04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
One thought that makes me cringe is that the article reported that, " . . . parents reported seeing a suspicious man dressed as a woman near a campus bus stop." While the person's behaviour may have been suspicious, suppose she was simply a CD waiting for a bus, and practicing walking in heels. Suppose that, instead of alerting authorities, those parents had decided to take matters into their own hands. The results could have been very tragic.
While it seems ludricous to suppose that a CD who obviously has difficulty passing would pose a threat, being too obvious; it is not totally irrational to suspect that she did pose some sort of threat to the children. I do not know how she expected to escape, after any dastardly deed, in heels. I do agree that if this person was a threat, they would appear, shall we say, less fashionable? However, what if she was a threat and able to pass 100%? How could anyone possibly react effectively?

Minerva

Colleentg
04-22-2007, 01:04 AM
well that's just plain awful.

I heard that nearly the same thing happened in a city park, a CDing firefighter wearing a 2-pc bathing suit and very intoxicated.

Just recently was talking to a gov't security person, he told me that even closet CDs are a security risk! I don't understand that mentality of the Illuminati!

DanaJ
04-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Just recently was talking to a gov't security person, he told me that even closet CDs are a security risk! I don't understand that mentality of the Illuminati!That's because if you were a closet CDer and had a security rating or handled classified info, then if your secret was found out, then you could be blackmailed into giving up secrets or classified info ;)

Kate Simmons
04-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Simply put Colleen, we are a threat to the Illuminati because we are independent thinkers. Can't have that, especially when their goal to to control everyone and their thinking.:happy: Sal

featherelizabeth
04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
wot next? will the schools go into lockdown this halloween too?

monkey88
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
When you hear things like this it's no wonder the majority of us seem to stay in the closet. Too much of the geral population see us as perverts and gays. I'm sorry, but these people are dumbasses, locking down a school, over a simple CDer who couldn't pass. What next? Raid every guys house to see if he owns womens clothes?

Many would consider me the way I am as a guy to be gothic, or emo. I'm not, but I fit into that stereotype. Are parents gonna be on their guard when I walk down the street because of it? As soon as something isn't what's considered 'normal', everyone panics. This news is not only annoying, but sad that people are this afraid of us.

paulaN
04-23-2007, 03:33 PM
this thread has taken a lot of twists. from cd'ing to lock downs to passing to gun control. and then all the way around again. makes me wonder what America is headed for in the future. Also makes me sad.

Tamara Croft
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the discussion of this thread has come to an end. Therefore it's being closed.