PDA

View Full Version : Bursting to share this!

Abby Lauren
04-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Hi gals
Although I know that this may be old hat or even trivial for so many of you, I am bursting to share my day yesterday with you because only you could appreciate how joyful it was.
I have been out and about many times but yesterday I decided that I would forego the shame I've always felt about my hammer-toed toenails and get both a pedicure and a manicure. I trolled about for a nail place about 20 minutes from where I live and found a place that offered it at $20 for the 2. It was a fairly large beauty salon and nail place and I resolutely stepped in. I had to wait a short while and I gladly read a woman's fashion magazine in the interim. I was amazed to discover how complex a process a pedicure is and was grateful for all the pampering that I got. The Asian woman who did my nails never adversely commented on my somewhat disfigured toes and didn't seem at all dismayed by them. More importantly, she never even hinted that I may not be who I was trying so hard to seem like. After she finished my manicure and I was taken to the nail-drying station, another woman offered to give me a back massage while my nails dried. I was only too happy to accept. When she finished, I was overjoyed when she, in a typical Hispanic caring fashion, refrred to me as "Mommy". I felt so accepted and tingled all over. (BTW, afterwards, I was very happy to materially share that appreciation.)
The day continued with my shopping in several stores- including a beauty supply store and Avenue. But, when I was shopping in a cut-rate store, a woman approached me to compliment me on a necklace I was wearing. I was constantly referred to as "ma'am" or "miss" and couldn't get over it. I went grocery shopping and, when I inadvertently cut a line, I was late in responding to "Miss, the line starts here." If that woman only knew how happy she made me. Lastly, when I went into a pizza store and it was populated by the scourge of most CD'ers, teenage girls, I received not one comment or snicker.
Thank you for indulging me. I hope to encourage those of you who spent the better part of your life cowering in fear of discovery, as I did.
Much love,
Abby

DAVIDA
04-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi Abby!
I know what you mean! I got my first pedicure in December. It was great!
Davida

Kathleen Ann Trees
04-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Having burst out recently myself I'm happy for you. It makes a world of difference when you can find the self confidence to go out about your day as the nice and pretty person you know you are! Not to mention having the wind blow your hair.

Congratulations.

Kathleen

myMichelle
04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi, Abby:

I can totally relatet o the feeling of joy (even a certain degree of empowerment) that can be attained only by conquering your doubts and fears with a healthy dose of self-confidence and walking out the door into the world as a woman.

It's funny. I recently had a day verymuch like yours. I, too, began my day with a spa pedicure at a local shopping mall and I followed up my visit to the nail salon with a shopping spree. The feeling(s) of exhileration that comes from going out like this just can't be beat. In fact, this illustrates a concept that is difficult, if not impossible, for the more closeted of our members to grasp...If you have the self confidence, then you will pass--even if you totally look like a guy in a dress! (Which you do not, BTW, lol)

Anyway, as I said, I can totally relate to your feelings and your wonderful experience. It was fun reading about it. I hope you continue to have many, many more wonderful outtings.

Michelle

TxKimberly
04-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Now THAT sounds like a cool day Abby!
Kim

psion128
04-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I've been getting pedicure and manicures since I met my wife. So, I don't see it as a big deal now. Its nice to get pampered. And I don't go CD'd. I still don't feel comfortable doing so. I do go out in some nice panties. I love the VS Body hiphuggers. It accents my bottom very nicely. Even my SO says so. :D

psion128

Krystal Lee
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Abby,

I can only say great for you! I recently got my first pedicure and loved it. So understand how much you enjoyed the pampering.

Hope you continue to enjoy life on the other side.:D

Hugs Krystal.

Rachel Morley
04-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Abby,

I can't say I'm (that) surprised going on your profile pic - you look lovely :happy:

Your trip sounded awesome! I too get Mam'ed all the time in public en femme and I still think to myself "are they nuts?....can't they tell?" which of course sometimes they can tell, they just don't let me know that they know. However, in your case I wouldn't like to say what they were thinking as the amount of "up close and personal encounters" you had and no one indicated anything other than they thought you were a woman is absolutely every crossdressers dream! :D (that's to say presumably it is for those of us who end up going out)

Are you having another trip again soon? How about a pic next time? I'd love to see more of you out and about. I have to tell you, this sort of post was the type of post that motivated me to get the courage to go out in public. Thanks for sharing :happy:

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you had a great experience, I've never had a pedicure or my nails professionally done but hope to some day. Your experience sounded too good to not try for myself
Thanks!

NewBetty
04-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, another story of bravery in public!

Whether folks didn't "make" you (seems possible) or were merely being respectful and polite (which may even be better in some ways) you had a great time being yourself. You girls are constantly impressing/inspiring me to try to look to the future with some hope of surviving wherever this path might lead (I'm so new at processing all this, and I'm terrified sometimes how quickly this obsession is filling my life).

Kenix
04-21-2007, 02:59 PM
That sounds like a great day, so what did you bring home? :D

sissystephanie
04-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Abby,

What a great day you had! I too have hammer-toes, but unlike you I have been getting both manicures and pedicures for several years. My dear departed wife got me started, and insisted on color on both. Since I am terrible with makeup, I don't go to the salon totally enfemme. However, I am always dressed enfemme including a bra which enhances my natural cleavage. The Vietnamese lady who owns the shop always does my nails, and a relatives does my pedicure. They know I am a CD, and really fuss over me.I get my nails done every two weeks and love the time spent there. Usually my toes are a bright color (because I like to wear open toe sandals!:heehee: ) and my fingers are always some shade of pink.(girl color!):love:

Sissy

More Girl than man

AllThingsPretty
04-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Abby,
Thank you for sharing this. It is very inspiring. I only wish I was as brave as you are.

micheal
04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Thancks for shareing.

when I went into a pizza store and it was populated by the scourge of most CD'ers, teenage girls
:confused2:Think Your trying to give me nightmare's.
Must have got the heart beating a bit farster !

Sally24
04-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Good for you Abby! I have been thinking about the whole manicure/pedicure thing and the more stories I see here the better I like it. I gave up most of the guilt a while ago, most of the fear in the last year or so, now all is left is the joy of being free! It's great spending the day out doing girl errands isn't it?

Enjoy this all you can!

Victoria Anne
04-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Abby it sounds like you had a wonderful time,I'm so happy for you. I have been getting manicures and pedicures for years but I have never had the courage to get color but you know what after reading your story I think I will get color on my toes next time.

27th Jennifer
04-21-2007, 06:45 PM
That sounds like a great time! I could never get a pedicure, because my wife got one for the first time last year, and she got such a bad case of athlete's foot from it, I don't think I want anything like that.

sissystephanie
04-21-2007, 06:59 PM
That sounds like a great time! I could never get a pedicure, because my wife got one for the first time last year, and she got such a bad case of athlete's foot from it, I don't think I want anything like that.

Ana, and all others,

Just be sure you go to a place that actually sanitizes the spa tub after every use. Some do and some don't. At the salon I go to, every regular customer like me has their own tools which are sanitized after each use and then stored away in a plastic container. Also, they wipe my toes and foot with alcohol before applying the polish. Would be hard to get atheletes foot there!
Any "girl" like us who has not had a pedicure does not know what she is missing. Go for it, Ladies. You will love it!:love:

Sissy

More Girl than man

Jodi
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I get regular manicures and pedicures. My nail tech is very precise on cleanliness and anesceptic procedures. She explained to me how she cleanses the nails then disinfects them before applying polish. She is well trained and very thorough. My manicure costs $16 and pedicure-$33. That is $49 total--over double what you said you paid. I have found out that my prices are less than those paid in larger cities.

My point---You get what you pay for. I would think that $20 for both a manicure and pedicure is quite artificially low, ie too low. I would be concerned about the quality and the cleanliness of the establishment at that price.

JOdi

sissystephanie
04-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I get regular manicures and pedicures. My nail tech is very precise on cleanliness and anesceptic procedures. She explained to me how she cleanses the nails then disinfects them before applying polish. She is well trained and very thorough. My manicure costs $16 and pedicure-$33. That is $49 total--over double what you said you paid. I have found out that my prices are less than those paid in larger cities.

My point---You get what you pay for. I would think that $20 for both a manicure and pedicure is quite artificially low, ie too low. I would be concerned about the quality and the cleanliness of the establishment at that price.

JOdi

Jodi,

I agree completely. You do get what you pay for. A very low price salon would be suspect to me. I do get a break on the price at my salon for 3 reasons. Because of my age (74), I am such a regular, and the owner is my nail tech!. Including a 20% tip, I pay $50.00 every 2 weeks. I love it!! BTW, the normal cost for toes and fingers with color not including tip is $60.00. Am I lucky, or what? Maybe she gives me a lower price so I will keep coming dressed enfemme?:heehee:

Sissy

More Girl than man

Sally2005
04-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Nothing like positive days like that! No one else can understand unless they have experienced it. Sounds like the ear to ear grin on your face was radiating to others the rest of the day! Glad to hear about it. Sally

battybattybats
04-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Wow!
Congrats Abby on a great day and clearly a day lived well!
Dressing and Pizza! Now that's an idea!

Abby Lauren
04-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Dear girls,
My ear-to-ear grin is persisting, especially since a number of you indicated you might be further emboldened by my experience. How wonderful!
I can't thank you all enough for sharing your experiences, too. I feel like I have so many supportive sisters.
Kenix, You're right, I should have shared with everybody what "loot" I took home. So, here goes.
From Avenue, I bought (and tried on) the 2 best bras I've ever owned- one is a brown microfiber that feels completely yummy on and is very supportive and the other is an amazingly gorgeous pink lace bra that is also very supportive (I'm wearing it right now as I write). Also, 2 tops that were on a very good sale and a pair of black mules with rhinestones that are very comfortable- because this time I tried on many pairs of shoes and was determined to only buy something that fit and looked well (for a change). Also, 2 bracelets and 2 necklaces that were on sale and I got a free pair of daysheer pantyhose (beige) and a bottle of perfume because I signed up for an Avenue charge card (my name name is, thankfully, quite gender ambiguous). It was such a wonderful experience to be treated like a woman and have somebody fussing over me and assisting me.
From the beauty supply store, some panty hose in various colors at $1.49 and 2 bottles of brush on nail glue. I can't remember anything else at present. And, at the department store and super market, I shopped as if I was a housewife buying sundry items. It just felt so great to feel accepted as a woman.
Regarding the excellent point that Jodi raised, I did not get my cuticles cut and I did watch to see that the woman disinfected the foot bath before i put my feet in. I will be careful further.
I have no idea how well I passed. But, I was acutely tuning in to my environment and saw nothing untoward. The truth is I felt wonderful as a woman and didn't care to get anyone else's permission for my existence. I met everyone with a (non-avoidable because I was so happy) smile and I'm sure that helped.
We only have one life to live so I hope each of you will find a way to express yourselves as you see fit.
I know how much everybody's shared experiences here contributed to my courage and I hope this will encourage more of you. In case it's not obvious, I am hardly petite. I'm a big (not huge) girl. So, please know that all hope is not lost for us. Quite the contrary. Enjoy.
Much love,
Abby

JoAnnDallas
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Abby.....Congrads on your first Pedicure/Manicue. I get the full treatment once a month. That is Pedicure/Toe Nail Polish/Maincure/Light Pink Nail Polish/Fill/Eyebrow Wax. All total runs me right at $50 which I think is about average. I got to say that it is 2 hours of ttoal bliss. The massage chairs that are part of the pedicure station are great. Really do help a lot to relieve tension. I also have to say that I have never had any negitive response from anyone while in a Nail Salon. I have even had other customers tell that the color I selected looked good on my toes and one even asked if she could borrow the bottle of polish for her toes. I do this all while in Drab. I have not progressed enough to do this while enfem, but one day I would love to do this enfem.

Abby Lauren
04-23-2007, 11:31 PM
JoAnn
I admire your courage in doing this in drab. And, i do hope you will be able to share the ecstacy in doing it while looking and feeling completely womanly. It is indescribable.

Rikkicn
04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Isn't it just so lovely to be seen and recognized as you wish to be?
Every time you were referred to as m'am or she didn't your heart jump with joy?

Abby Lauren
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Yes, it was indescribably joyful.
I have no idea how it happened, in retrospect. Nevertheless, I am exceedingly grateful that it did.

Bobbie Jo
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Really that sounds like a killer day. Sure wished i had the nerve to get one....You look GREAT!!!

Glenda58
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Abby sounds like you had a great day. It does feel good being call ma'ma or lady when out. All you need to do is over come the fear of going out not other people.

Abby Lauren
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Glenda.
And, Bobbie Jo, I hope you are able to do this in the near future. You just need to want it very much. The girls here have been so inspiring always.

Wenda
04-25-2007, 11:26 PM
We are happy for you!:D A perfect day! Congratulations! I believe that you made it a perfect day because you believed it was going to be a perfect day. In the same way that I have gone to the lumber yard with a nice set of 40 C+ breast forms under my drab clothes, with no comments or even glances, because I was projecting a male image, I believe your day went well because YOU decided it was going to and YOU presented a positve female image. Your avatar is not large, but it looks very passable to me. Although I have had some very nice pedicures and manicures, I normally do my own, and spend the money on shoes.
Just a note re: getting a pedicure en homme, the shop that my ex used for her pedicures used to do regular pedicures on about half of the local pro football team. As far as I know, none of them dressed for the occassion.
Congrats again, please try to send pics next time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: w.

Abby Lauren
04-27-2007, 12:15 AM
You know, Wenda, I think you're completely right. I honestly have no idea where my courage or confidence came from but I had no fear when I went for the pedicure and manicure and when I went shopping all over thereafter. I probably had no right to be so confident. There are a zillion girls in our forum who are infinitely prettier and more presentable than I. Nevertheless, I loved the outfit I was wearing and I was so happy to be doing this. I paid close attention to how women carry their pocketbooks and always tried to have my elbows bent and carry the pocketbok in the crook of my elbow. I tried to walk calmly and with whatever grace I was capable of. But, in the final analysis, I think I was just extremely fortunate.

battybattybats
04-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi Abby :happy: , small critique of something you said there. "I probably had no right to be so confident." Actually I think it might be more accurate to think "I have no reason I'm aware of to be so confidant".

Right? You've got plenty of right girl. Reason? You look the part as far as I can see.

Maybe this is one of those times to just accept it in a zen sort of way. Once you've done that then explore in retrospect the why.

The results justify the confidance anyways.