PDA

View Full Version : Is it the little things?

Brianna Lovely
04-21-2007, 07:22 AM
I was wondering, is it the little things that change how people think and act?

For several months now, I've been going to a typical "red-neck" diner, for breakfast a couple of times a week. I always go dressed fem, carry a purse, but no wig or forms.

The first few times, I noticed that the waitresses asked people, "How are you? Is everything ok?", but when they waited on me, it was always, "Good morning, sweetie", Is everything ok, sweetie?"

At first, I didn't know if they were being nice, sincere or sarcastic, but I kept going there every now and then, for breakfast.

I was at the diner this morning and noticed something unusual. Each patron that the waitresses talked to, they addressed as, sweetie.

WOW! Do you think all the patrons complained (after I left) because they weren't called "sweetie"?
Or maybe the wait staff didn't want the regular customers to think that I was getting "special" treatment?

Or perhaps, I've been "accepted", despite the tough clientele and rough language that's the norm there.

I wonder...........................

Kate Simmons
04-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Hey, you are a regular customer Brianna. I think they are being somewhat sincere, especially if they get a nice tip. They appreciate their customers and want to be friendly and keep their customers happy. Who knows, maybe you started a new trend there. In any case, it sounds like you are a good ambassador for us to me.:thumbsup: :happy: Sal

MarinaTwelve200
04-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Sounds like you have a little touch of paranoia.:D
I know, I often feel that way sometimes too, until I observe other people being treated the same way, which makes me feel better.

But even though I DONT go OUT to such places (Or any other place, for that matter) dressed, I still worry if there is anything about me that might make people suspicious of my CD condition---But invaribly, about the time my concerns peak, I will observe things in how others treat others that tend to ease my mind.