PDA

View Full Version : So what now?- a long rant

Princess29
04-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Since I have returned to Australia I have told 4 people about my other self. The first person I told was a GG friend in Germany and after the surprise of my revelation and with my clumsy attempt to explain things, my friend seems to have started to give me the silent treatment and not reply to my emails anymore.
I told my best friend and his reaction has been great (I know I've mentioned this previously) but I've been driving him nuts lately (I generally seem to irritate people, not intentionally by any means but it just seems to happen)
This week I told my sister and she said that she was shocked and had absolutely no idea. I had sent her a few emails in the last week attempting to answer any questions that she had. I had hoped to be able to have a bit of a chat with her this weekend, face to face but aside from a brief 5 minute chat at the airport tonight, we didn't get a chance. I did ask her though if she's cool with, for example, me asking for advice on skirts or whatever and she said she's cool with that. She's gone for a 3 week trip to europe with her husband and when they come back, they will pretty much head back to their place in Victoria.
On friday I told a GG friend when we went out for lunch with my best friend too and I showed her some of my photos. She took one look at them and said "were you being safe?" and I thought she meant my general safety in Las Vegas so I said that I kept to the main tourist areas. My best friend told me the next day that she thought that I was dressed to attract men (nothing wrong with that but I play for the heterosexual team) and was checking if I was practising safe sex. My friend cleared up the misconception for her. The rest of her reaction was to take a quick look at the photos, just kind of shrug her shoulders and pass the camera back.
So of the four people that I told, there were three females and I basically won't see any of them for quite a while so can't hang out with any of them.
I have tried to make contact with another member of this forum with limited success and haven't been able to find anyone else around my age in south east queensland, at least via this website. I contacted a cd support group in brisbane and when I move out of home, hopefully I can get along and join the group.
I have an bit of an obsessive personality and since my time overseas (boy I wish I was able to be in Las Vegas right now), I got a taste for taking my dressing to the next level. Since finding someone to talk to about this, I want to be able to talk more but I can come on a bit strong and overdo things.
Being unemployed means I have some time on my hands (I have a job opportunity pending, just waiting to hear back this week). I still live with my parents (sad I know but am working on finding a place for myself very soon) so don't really have any freedom other than the odd opportunity to dress. Boy I hope I get this and myself sorted out

Leasa Wells
04-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I havent come out to anyone of late but i can imagine how hard it can be. Stay positive, hope the job works out. We are here for you, life is a struggle but with good friends here it help with those bumpy roads.

Lisa Lee