PDA

View Full Version : Fly by update #17

Marianne
02-22-2005, 12:13 AM
last couple of months have been, interesting.

My Mom , all of 87 years young, took a fall and ended up in hospital. As a state registered nurse she was quick to complain about the current standards of care in the U.K's public health system.

Several weeks later, she's still complaining, mostly because she hasn't had her hair done in over 6 weeks.

Mom doesn't know about this side of me. Since she lives back in the U.K. and I'm on the other side of the big pond I figure I'll keep it that way. She probably wouldn't understand, and I don't feel any need to tell her.

On the lighter side, I'm going to be a grandparent again, got another due in July.

Oh, and it's my b'day this week, I'll be 49. (But as I stil say to my stepsons, 'I might be getting old, but I can still kick yer ass').

Been burying myself in work , the 34 billion dollar company I work for is finally catching up to the 20th century (despite it being the 21st century). I've been working directly for the CTO (Chief Technology Officer) and am having great fun finally being able to get some 'power' behind me. Having the backing of the CTO (and his boss, the COO) has made my calendar turn into the equivalent of an auction on eBay (I've suggested that the company use an eBay approach as multiple folks attempt to invite me to meetings, I figure they should start bidding real dollars for my time).

On a more personal note, been buying some new clothes, just in case I ever actually get out on a date. So far that's looking pretty bleak, but no worries. I havent' had sex in at least six years and I'm in no rush to get into anything serious enough for that (Well, not unless I happen to contact someone who goes 'click' for me.)

I apologize for not being here much lately, after all, y'all are my sisters in this journey.

oh, and the cat is doing good, he's recovering, he seems to be healthy now. I won't be certain for another few months tho.

http://elawyn.homestead.com/files/hitman.jpg

I'm just not sure what he gets up to while I'm at work...

racquel
02-22-2005, 02:47 AM
Good to hear from you again Marianne.Seems lots of girls have been having issues that cause extended absences.
Glad to hear your Mom is bitchin in the hospital,my Mom also had an issue and is now on the road to recovery,meaning she is bitchin about being there, so is doing much better.
So happy to hear you are being recognized as the faboulious person we know you to be,hope the pay packet reflectes that.
Happy birthday granny. :D

Tristen Cox
02-22-2005, 05:47 AM
Hi Marianne. Missed ya. Figured you've been busy with things and thanks for the update:) Nice to hear Kitty is doing good. Keep in touch.

Love
Tristen

Sharon
02-22-2005, 06:28 AM
Happy birthday Marianne!
It's good to hear you and the cat are both doing well, and it sounds like your mother is doing well also.
Make sure you take the time to say hello again real soon.

Wendy me
02-22-2005, 07:02 AM
mom up and complaning thats a good thing.......the watch cat way cool ours just sleeps all day..............good to hear from you ................

Tamara Croft
02-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Hiya... welcome back :D

Glad your mum is doing ok... and yeah UK health care SUCKS :(

Happy Birthday :D :D

Tamara x

Georgette
02-22-2005, 08:11 AM
You say you will be a grandparent again, HA I will be a great grandparent come April and am really looking forward to it. It does make me feel a little older, but that's the way the cookie crumbles :) .
Ok mums feeling better glad to here that. I just had to let yall know about my greatgrand baby.