PDA

View Full Version : F2M T.V. Show

mistunderstood
04-22-2007, 02:38 PM
On MSNBC channel tonight there are 2 shows on, 1 at 6 pm and the other at 9pm. I live in Ohio so not sure what time it would be for everyone else. I guess they are "Born in wrong body" and the other has same title. They might be same show not sure on that.
Hope everyone is doing all right.Talk at you all later.

Dasein9
04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Ooooohhhhh! I don't have cable!

Would you be so kind as to post a review when you've seen 'em?

mistunderstood
04-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Sure, no problem.

Felix
04-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Cool we might get it in the UK sometime!!! xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
04-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Aaron, I'll try to catch the 6 PM show - don't want to miss the Sopranos at 9. :p

pocoyo
04-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Das should go round Cap's to watch it!!

You could have popcorn! (and rum... mmm).

Caroline Simmons
04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
a bit about the show here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18250458/

CaptLex
04-22-2007, 03:19 PM
a bit about the show here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18250458/
Thanks, Caroline, it looks good. :thumbsup:

Tristan
04-22-2007, 03:27 PM
My nerd's going to try to record it onto his computer for me since I don't have cable and he now does. He's doing testing right now and it seems to be working.

Kieron Andrew
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
My nerd's going to try to record it onto his computer for me since I don't have cable and he now does. He's doing testing right now and it seems to be working.
ooooh get 'The nerd' to put it on youtube or something lol

Question Mark
04-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Whoa, you have your own personal nerd?

And da, teh Youtube-ing would be nice. I'd like to see this.

Tristan
04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Yes, I do. I'm quite smittened with him. We are meeting rl in August for the first time. He's a librarian so I consider him my own personal nerd. And he happens to have one of those tv board thingies for his pc. I'll ask if he gets it working if he'll post it on youtube.

Adam
04-22-2007, 05:11 PM
yay then i can watch it :D

Tristan
04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
He believes its recording right now and said he'll gladly try to put it up on you tube for you guys or he can "torrent" it whatever that means. He said I can't do it but it might help someone else out. Hehe

mistunderstood
04-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I m mad my cable went out guys sorry.

Eva Diva
04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
It's on right now in Boston - it seems like a very good show to me. Different people's stories, different situations they encounter. I don't think you could ask for much more.

Eva Diva
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
He believes its recording right now and said he'll gladly try to put it up on you tube for you guys or he can "torrent" it whatever that means. He said I can't do it but it might help someone else out. Hehe

Bit-torrent is a file-sharing system for large files like movies.

Adding to my post above, it's not F2M, it transgender in general.

CaptLex
04-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, I caught most of it and it was well done - and yes, it's about both MtFs and FtMs. The only thing that really concerns me is that all the people featured were young, and I think they should have covered a few of us that realize we're TS and start transitioning later in life. Also (unless I missed something), all of those interviewed were attracted to the opposite sex (or basically hetero) and they should have mixed that up a bit too - although one of the transguys has a therapist who is also FtM and they mentioned he's attracted to men (cute too ;)).

All in all, I really enjoyed it and I think it will bring better understanding about us to the general public. I hope you all get to see it soon.

Tristan
04-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok, the nerd thinks he got it up for you guys using bit torrent. If you have problems you can try to pm me and I'll pass the problem onto him cuz I have no idea how this works.

You need the file from this website http://home.msandford.com/

Then open it with any bittorrent client.

He says also you might have to register with this site to view the file.

http://en.gay-torrents.net/index.php?action=torrentsdetails;torrent=31049;lan g=

Kieron Andrew
04-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Ok, the nerd thinks he got it up for you guys using bit torrent. If you have problems you can try to pm me and I'll pass the problem onto him cuz I have no idea how this works.

You need the file from this website http://home.msandford.com/

Then open it with any bittorrent client.
me thinks he needs to join here you know!!, partners are welcome!

Question Mark
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
D'oh, no torrents allowed here. D:

I'll watch when I get back home, mebbe.

Tristan
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
aethen is the guy to talk to if you have problems, he just joined the forum per kieron's idea but has to wait for the mods to approve him before he can post.... sooo hehe everyone meet my nerd, aethen :D

Question Mark
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Nice to meet you, nerd! We always need more of them around here. :D

RevMoonSerpent
04-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I started watching the show when it came on at 6pm. I was watching it in the kitchen while cooking and mom came out. Sat down and looking at me said," Don't do that to me" while pointing at the television. It took all I can do to keep from starting an argument. Ugh. But, I agree with the Capt, when he said it was good but they need a little more diversity.

Evert
04-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Azureus is up and running! :D

aethen
04-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Hi all, Tristan's nerd here. Nice to meet you all :D

Glad it seems to be working for everyone. Download speeds should improve as more people get the file. I posted it at two sites (besides this one), and at least one has had about 10 people get the whole thing, so I hope it's going smoothly for everyone. For those new to bittorrents.. it works best if you leave the file in Azureus to upload for a bit after you get the whole thing. You can still watch it, just don't remove it from Azureus's list and leave Azureus running in the system tray. That way other people can get the movie too.

As for the actual show, I thought it was well done and probably very informative to people who don't know.. or think they don't know.. any tg folks. The one girl's comments about how whites have it easier was interesting. I keep forgetting we're all rich!

Aethen

Kieron Andrew
04-23-2007, 06:31 AM

Glad it seems to be working for everyone. Download speeds should improve as more people get the file. I posted it at two sites (besides this one), and at least one has had about 10 people get the whole thing, so I hope it's going smoothly for everyone. For those new to bittorrents.. it works best if you leave the file in Azureus to upload for a bit after you get the whole thing. You can still watch it, just don't remove it from Azureus's list and leave Azureus running in the system tray. That way other people can get the movie too.

As for the actual show, I thought it was well done and probably very informative to people who don't know.. or think they don't know.. any tg folks. The one girl's comments about how whites have it easier was interesting. I keep forgetting we're all rich!

Aethen
hey Aethen thanks for the file, i finally got it at 10am this morning lol

oh and welcome.....go do yourself an introduction so the girls and guys can say hi to you properly

Adam
04-23-2007, 07:14 AM
shame i cant get it to download

pocoyo
04-23-2007, 08:06 AM

:eek: ... wow! Hi!
Very nice to meet you too :D
*shakes hand over-enthusiastically*

Hey Tristan I got to meet him! yay!

CaptLex
04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
It's very nice to meet you, Aethen, I didn't want to keep referring to you as "the nerd". Thanks for doing this for us too - hopefully more people can see it now. :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
04-23-2007, 09:50 AM
It's very nice to meet you, Aethen, I didn't want to keep referring to you as "the nerd". Thanks for doing this for us too - hopefully more people can see it now. :thumbsup:
lol he refers to himself as the nerd!:tongueout

Dasein9
04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Hello, Aethen.

I'm Das, the Ship's Librarian, but I'll bet I've got a lot to learn from you. To access the library, you just have to believe it exists. The Cap'n doesn't, so it's a good place to go to escape brig time. (You really don't want to escape brig time, though. It's got soft pillows and Kez.)

Adam
04-23-2007, 11:39 AM
hi aethen

welcome to the forum :D

Adam
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
is there no way you can upload this to you tube as i have downloaded the blue frog program Azureus and it wont download i have changed tonns of seetings on my wireless box and still it dont work i pulled all my hair out :Angry3: stupid wireless

so please please if anyone can you tube it i would be greatfull

Tristan
04-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello, Aethen.

I'm Das, the Ship's Librarian, but I'll bet I've got a lot to learn from you. To access the library, you just have to believe it exists. The Cap'n doesn't, so it's a good place to go to escape brig time. (You really don't want to escape brig time, though. It's got soft pillows and Kez.)

pssssssssssssssst Das you are in for a treat, Aethen's a professional librarian hehe

Taylor105
04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I started watching the show when it came on at 6pm. I was watching it in the kitchen while cooking and mom came out. Sat down and looking at me said," Don't do that to me" while pointing at the television. It took all I can do to keep from starting an argument. Ugh. But, I agree with the Capt, when he said it was good but they need a little more diversity.

I'm sorry your mom reacted that way. Mine can get that way too. Just today she said "why can't you just make do with the body you have?" Obviously, the woman doesn't understand. She got really pissed when she found out I was binding. She doesn't know I pack yet. It will be interesting to see her reaction when she comes to visit me in Aug. I am not going to be anyone but me for anyone. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I am sorry. I'm sure it hurt like hell. Hugs...

aethen
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
is there no way you can upload this to you tube as i have downloaded the blue frog program Azureus and it wont download i have changed tonns of seetings on my wireless box and still it dont work i pulled all my hair out :Angry3: stupid wireless

so please please if anyone can you tube it i would be greatfull

I would have, as it's much easier all around, but there's a limit of 100 MB and 10 minutes for YouTube. If anyone knows of a similar site without those restrictions, I'm all for it.

It could be a firewall problem, or it could be an ISP block. Tristan can't use Azureus either, and I suspect it's his ISP. I just found this:
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Avoid_traffic_shaping

Maybe that can help?

Evert
04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I would have, as it's much easier all around, but there's a limit of 100 MB and 10 minutes for YouTube. If anyone knows of a similar site without those restrictions, I'm all for it.

It could be a firewall problem, or it could be an ISP block. Tristan can't use Azureus either, and I suspect it's his ISP. I just found this:
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Avoid_traffic_shaping

Maybe that can help?

Why not uploading it to megaupload.com or something?

(Or just wait, I'll try to throw it on my website, It will take you forever to download then, but at least you dont have to use Azureus. But I'm not sure my server will host such a large file)

aethen
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Why not uploading it to megaupload.com or something?

I'll have to shrink it a little further, but it's a possibility... working on it now.

Aethen

Kieron Andrew
04-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I'll have to shrink it a little further, but it's a possibility... working on it now.

Aethen
I dunno been here 5 minutes and we've got you working already!!

CaptLex
04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
I was watching it in the kitchen while cooking and mom came out. Sat down and looking at me said," Don't do that to me" while pointing at the television. It took all I can do to keep from starting an argument. Ugh.
Unfortunately, that's a common reaction - parents don't get it that it has nothing to do with them. And they don't understand the harm a simple comment like that can do to us. I'm frustrated for you, man. :(

Tristan
04-23-2007, 06:02 PM
I want the white parents that are understanding and pay for my hormones and surgeries, plus my rent!

CaptLex
04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I want the white parents that are understanding and pay for my hormones and surgeries, plus my rent!
Well, we all know that's not how it works, but there is less acceptance in families of blacks and Hispanics (and probably Asians), so that's probably where that misinformation comes from. And if you find these rich white parents . . . can they adopt me too? :p

Adam
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, that's a common reaction - parents don't get it that it has nothing to do with them. And they don't understand the harm a simple comment like that can do to us. I'm frustrated for you, man. :(

yes im lucky any trans show if my folks no its on they put it on in the front room ans sit and watch it with me :D couldnet ask for better folks thought id share so you no there is some good understanding perents

CaptLex
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
yes im lucky any trans show if my folks no its on they put it on in the front room ans sit and watch it with me :D couldnet ask for better folks thought id share so you no there is some good understanding perents
Oh goody . . . tell mum and dad I'll be home for supper. :heehee: I'm very happy for you, Adam. It's good to hear about these kinds of parents 'cause I hear so many sad stories of parents that don't understand or don't want to understand, and sometimes I forget there are others out there like yours. :thumbsup:

Adam
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
lol supper its past midnight here how about breakfast lol we have it about 10am yeah im lazy your welcome to pop in though wish you could then you could meet them both :D

CaptLex
04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
lol supper its past midnight here how about breakfast lol we have it about 10am yeah im lazy your welcome to pop in though wish you could then you could meet them both :D
Oh cool - typical English breakfast? I'll be there. No tea for me, though, I'll have coffee please. :D

aethen
04-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Okay, a much smaller (and much lower quality) file is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMQN4481

Let's hope that works! It'll expire 21 days after the last download.

Aethen.

Adam
04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
ohh its downloading oohhhh cant weight thankyou :)

mistunderstood
04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey guys what about loading it up on limewire. I do not know how myself but maybe you can figure it out.

Question Mark
04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Awesome! Thanks, Tristan's nerd! :D

Adam
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
wow watched it your the best :)