PDA

View Full Version : I had a flat...

terrinoble
04-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I've gotta share this with y'all.

This afternoon I was driving to a town where I often spend weekends en femme. Driving along a rural road, my truck gets a flat. The spare is mounted under the bed and you have to insert a crank type apparatus in a hole just below the tailgate to lower the spare. Said apparatus was incomplete.
There I was, fully made up, wearing a lavender top and women's jeans. A couple of good ole boys in a pickup drove up and offered help. They kicked back talking about NASCAR and one had a young son tagging along, as well as a large black Lab, while they wrestled with the problem.
Then two of their buddies came along to assist - they got a crank from their truck, lowered the spare, and changed the tire. I thanked them and went on my way.
True Southern gentlemen helping a lady in distress ... but had they only known, they wouldn't have been so friendly!
:whew!:

SherriePall
04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Terri -- I'm glad it worked out well for you. How did the rest of your day go?

terrinoble
04-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, the cafe I wanted to go to was closing by the time I got there, but I went next door to a vintage clothing store owned by a lady I enjoy chatting with. And there was another nice cafe still open where I went to eat. A beautiful day it was, too; sunny but not too hot.

Later I went to a Ross store... tried on a cute polka dot dress but I looked rather like a stuffed sausage in it. So I didn't buy it.

Anyway, as those guys were changing my tire, the scene from "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" where Guy Pearce encountered the miners ran through my mind. (No, I don't fancy men, so I wasn't acting the same way Guy did!)

Dana921
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
If that had been me, I would have bought a lotto ticket or at least a new outfit as a pat on the back! Congrats!

Dana

Sally24
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
A couple of good ole boys in a pickup drove up and offered help.Then two of their buddies came along to assist.True Southern gentlemen helping a lady in distress ... but had they only known, they wouldn't have been so friendly!
Maybe, maybe not. I like to try to plan for the worst, but hope for the best in people. I've been pleasantly suprised by people a time or two.

Wenda
04-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow, so you passed with flying colours! Awesome. When I drive, I take the basics with me, runners, jeans, sweat top, whatever, just for emergencies. I couldn't pass. Well, I was noticing some women last week who my GF said didn't look nearly as good as Wenda. At least Wenda shaves!

princessmichelle
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
....True Southern gentlemen helping a lady in distress ... but had they only known, they wouldn't have been so friendly!

You know, there are ways of testing to see whether you pass that aren't so scary. :D

Michelle Elizabeth

Mitzi
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
A friend 's car broke down while en femme. She called the auto club for a tow. While she was quite attractive as a woman, you could tell she was a he. The operator was professional and took care of business without incident.

Mitzi

Rachel Morley
04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
True Southern gentlemen helping a lady in distress ... but had they only known, they wouldn't have been so friendly!
That I can believe! .... and not only in the south! However, looking at your profile pic I very much doubt they suspected a thing. :happy: I'm thinking you have a good voice too huh?

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Any and every experience other t-girls can share with everyone will help us if we ever find ourselves in a similar situation.

terrinoble
04-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Considering my voice: I can hike it to where it sounds passably feminine. Years ago when working in radio, I had to work to bring down the pitch of my voice, a baritone being the best I could muster - now I have to work to bring it up. But it's gotten easier the past few years.

What I also feared while those guys were helping me is that a cop/deputy/trooper would drive up and ask me for my license - still in my male name.

tall_brianna
04-23-2007, 08:47 AM
OMG, and in Georgia!!! Wow. I would have been scared to death. Way to go.

Kitty Sue
04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Scary story. Glad it all ended well.

karynspanties
04-23-2007, 09:49 AM
That could have went soooooo bad. Raped, beaten, possibly killed. Oh please, please be careful.

RachelB.
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
These were obviously southern boys that were raised right. They stopped to help a person in need. Many of us were taught to lend a hand in times of need and not judge the person needing help. Could be us next time!!

We often moan and groan about others calling us perverts and worse but we are guilty of much the same thing when we judge them by their looks or conversation.

I once befriended an older couple because I felt they were having a tough time. They were elderly, wore old worn clothing and drove an old beat up car. I repaired it several times and never accepted payment. He had a stroke and they moved to assisted living. I learned that they were wealthy but had grown up poor and only came into money late in life. They lived the way they knew and grew comfortable with.

So the next time a "good ole boy" stops to help, try to keep an open mind. It might be me!!!

Rachel

terrinoble
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Ah, Rachel, you have a very valid point. Perhaps I was worried over nothing. I have relatives who could be considered good ole boys (and good ole girls) - I love them and think the world of them, but still, I never tell them about Terri.

Dana
04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
These were obviously southern boys that were raised right. They stopped to help a person in need. Many of us were taught to lend a hand in times of need and not judge the person needing help. Could be us next time!!

We often moan and groan about others calling us perverts and worse but we are guilty of much the same thing when we judge them by their looks or conversation.

I once befriended an older couple because I felt they were having a tough time. They were elderly, wore old worn clothing and drove an old beat up car. I repaired it several times and never accepted payment. He had a stroke and they moved to assisted living. I learned that they were wealthy but had grown up poor and only came into money late in life. They lived the way they knew and grew comfortable with.

So the next time a "good ole boy" stops to help, try to keep an open mind. It might be me!!!

Rachel

I'm from Alabama ~ that's just the way we are. We help folks out. An abulance coming up the highway ~ we pull over. A patrol car got someone pulled over ~ we get in the LH lane!

Sam-antha
04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Did you really, truly believe it while it was happening ?
~Samm