PDA

View Full Version : What's cooking?

sandra-leigh
04-22-2007, 10:20 PM
I just realized that this may be the first time I've cooked anything non-trivial while Dressed (though I didn't have my wig on.)

Some people have referred to doing chores while dressed, so I gather that some of you cook while dressed (urr, I suppose the 24/7's must do so!) :eek: I think I'm losing control of my question. :o

When I was younger, I used to cook a fair bit, and used to enjoy cooking as an activity. I was always from the "a bit of this, a bit of that" school of experimental cooking -- you never knew what you were going to get, but it was usually interesting even if not mass marketable. These days, I don't cook much, and I would not say that discovering Dressing has somehow rekindled my interest in cooking. We've evolved into one of those couples with 53 different cookbooks, none of which we use.

Et tu, Brule' ?

Nicole
04-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Brule? As in creme brulee? Well I can't say I'm any good at preparing that one, but as far as a renewed interest in cooking the answer is YES! I'm finding new satisfaction in "giving" roles of all types and cooking is one of the best! Good food is like a magic spell. It can fill a room with cheer and bring instant happiness. What better way to share the joy I feel inside?

Now if I could just get someone to help me with the dishes... :heehee:

Michelle Ellis
04-23-2007, 01:01 AM
I love to cook too, one of my favorite things. I've never thought of it in terms of a giving role, but I suppose that it is.

I have to laugh at your doing the dishes comment Karen :heehee: I can so relate to that one!

M

sandra-leigh
04-23-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm finding new satisfaction in "giving" roles of all types and cooking is one of the best!

I may sound like a selfish old fart in saying this, but: in the years before I started dressing, I gave, and gave, and then gave some more. A high stress job in which I took my responsibilities very seriously -- and then I would come home and work more, or spend numerous hours helping strangers with their technical problems. I burned out and was physically and emotionally ill. When I started dressing, to a non-trivial extent, it was time spent pampering me. I dress because it makes me feel good, not because there's some crisis or other that I have to deal with for someone else.

Of course the secret of life is balance, and when I dress, I feel better (physically too), and I talk to people more, and I let go of my anger; by treating myself better, I also get to a state of treating others better. But I wouldn't say that I have a particular awareness of partaking of giving roles more. I dunno... when I'm not burnt out, I don't really think much about giving as an action: I just go ahead and do whatever because it seems natural.

Nicole
04-23-2007, 02:48 AM
I may sound like a selfish old fart in saying this, but: in the years before I started dressing, I gave, and gave, and then gave some more. A high stress job in which I took my responsibilities very seriously -- and then I would come home and work more, or spend numerous hours helping strangers with their technical problems. I burned out and was physically and emotionally ill. When I started dressing, to a non-trivial extent, it was time spent pampering me. I dress because it makes me feel good, not because there's some crisis or other that I have to deal with for someone else.

Of course the secret of life is balance, and when I dress, I feel better (physically too), and I talk to people more, and I let go of my anger; by treating myself better, I also get to a state of treating others better. But I wouldn't say that I have a particular awareness of partaking of giving roles more. I dunno... when I'm not burnt out, I don't really think much about giving as an action: I just go ahead and do whatever because it seems natural.

What you said doesn't sound selfish to me. I can totally relate to the endless give, give, give mantra as a man. Giving everything of myself including my own identity almost wiped me out from stress and fatigue. But this is different. Like you have mentioned, dressing puts the world back in balance. It makes me feel good, and when I have an abundance of joy I find that giving is a pleasurable experience and not a soul-sucking one. Soup's on! :)

And what about you? Has dressing affected your desire to follow in the footsteps of Julia Child?