PDA

View Full Version : Good news!

Shelly R
04-25-2007, 12:29 AM
I have told most of my friends so far, now I am telling the rest of my friends.
Today I had my appointment with my Endo. We covered the blood work, and my meds, all came out excellent.
It's what she said next. She told me she was talking to the Psycologist associated with the clinic about me, and that he did handle Transgendered patients and said he would love to take me on if I wanted. My doctor also said she checked with my insurance, and that they would pay for it also. :D No way I could turn this down! I have never been happier, I've never seen her look so happy either. She's a dream to me. She said she would write the referral, and their office would get back to me in a few days. I can not wait. Sorry to my therapist though, this is way better for me, but I will drop in from time to time to let her know how I am doing.
I am a little nervious about Psycologists, I have had 4, and it's been, it's only a phase, the rest it's with time we can fix you. Forget that! Now I AM being fixed.
Hope this is in the right spot.

AllieSF
04-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Congratulations on the wondeful news for you and your future. It is kind of scary when you get down to the big steps. Good luck and best wishes for total success.

loriannetucson
04-25-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm so glad you're sharing this journey with us. I think we all enjoy seeing one another take a positive step toward wholeness. Congratulations, too!

Maggie Kay
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Congratulations, Shelly! So happy to hear that you are progressing. I'm still doing my, fish flopping on the beach, act. It is just great that you have this opportunity. I am impressed!

CaptLex
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
That's great news, Shelly. Congratulations! :Party:

Yael
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
:love::love::love:
Yael

Shelly Preston
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your good news with us :D

michelleupnorth
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Good for you. I'm starting my journey as well but I don't know if my insurance will pay for mine. Something I have to find out.

Good luck and keep us informed

Sharon
04-25-2007, 07:55 PM
That's excellent news, Shelly!

It sounds as if your former psychologists were rather clueless about gender issues, so your new one has to be a marked improvement. Good luck! :happy:

Kimberley
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
That's excellent news, Shelly!

It sounds as if your former psychologists were rather clueless about gender issues, so your new one has to be a marked improvement. Good luck! :happy:

:iagree: :iagree:

Any pdoc that thinks they can "fix" us is about as bright as a bag of hammers. That's when you just walk away, and dont pay the bill... Maybe someday they will actually teach TG issues in psych classes. For sure we can do a better job than is currently being done.

Anyway Shelley, this is extremely good news but I dont know if I would drop the other doc. If you are going to transition you will need the letter from both.

:hugs: :hugs:
Kimberley

Shelly R
04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
I have been trying to thank all of you for all your good wishes, but my PC crashed every time :smashcomp , new hard drive, all fixed!
Kimberley, I liked your "bag of hammers" analogy, made me laugh. I will take your advise and keep my other doc, you are right. :hugs:
Sharon and kimberley, yes I did have a lot of trouble with my past Psycologists, they were pretty uninformed, and my experiences were pretty bad. That was a long time ago when not much was known about GID, or what could be done. But I still worry.
Aluchi thanks :hugs: no it's not really scarey when all I can feel is I have finally found myself, and I am finally on the right road. I think you will find this too as you progress. You know how to reach me anytime.
Kay, I am so proud of you. You have come so far in such a short time, I too am impressed. PM me if you ever have a need. :hugs:
Lorianne and CaptLex I have been following your journeys, Thank you and I wish you well too.
Michelle Hopefully your insurance will cover your pdoc as well, good luck and thanks!
Shelly_P, Yae, Thank you for your good wishes!
Again thank you all! :hugs:

AmberTG
04-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi Shelly, I'm happy for you that you finally found the right doctors to work with, it really makes a big difference, doesn't it! I think I'm lucky in that my first therapist has a basic understanding of transgender issues and has been very helpful in helping me sort it all out.
I hope things continue to go well for you, there's always bumps in the road, but remember that they're just bumps, not roadblocks.

Shellybean
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
:thumbsup: