PDA

View Full Version : shaveing and disaproveing SO's

stacylynn1
04-25-2007, 08:24 AM
how do you girls with SO's that do not know or don't like it get away with shaveing your legs chest ect thanks stacylynn1

Cheyenne
04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
I say do what you want and do what makes you happy. I don't think a person has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body. It should be a personal decision left up to you, not someone else. Just my opinion.

kassandra richard
04-25-2007, 08:44 AM
My wife doesn't really like the fact that I shave my legs (or pluck my eyebrows) but in deference to her I don't shave my armpits or chest. Since she doesn't know (I think she suspects, given some of her comments to me) drawing anymore undue attention would be undesireable at this point. Fortunately, in a way, if I don't shave my legs, my calves start to itch like crazy. Shaving them reduces that itch by a significant amount.

JoAnnDallas
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Since we moved to the Dallas area, I started shaving my legs, chest, arms, and underarms. Wife does not know about my fem side, but lets me do this because it seems to help with the occasional rash I get from time to time. As far as my eyebrows, it was my wife that suggested that I get mine waxed. We were at the nail salon one Saturday and she was looking at my brows and commented how shaggy they looked. So she asked Tina (my tech) if she could wax my brows. I have gotten my brows wax everytime I go in now. Wife did remark that mine look a lot better now that I get them waxed. It struck me funny the other day. I was lying on the couch wearing a pair of shorts and she walked by, stopped, looked at my bare legs, and remarked, that I needed to shave my legs, that the hair was showing.

joperinal
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
....and remarked, that I needed to shave my legs, that the hair was showing.
lol :heehee:

aj_gg
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
As a GG I love my fiance's hair. My fiance is Nathan/Natasha here and we agreed that until I'm comfortable the arm hair and chest hair can stay but we've agreed that he can shave his hands feet and legs and also pluck his eyebrows. Since he just really started embracing his CD self we talked it over so I can also move with him and learn to enjoy this side. Basically for now, the hair is a security blanket for me and slowly I am beginning to let go. So if your SO knows talk to her and see what can be worked out.

AJ

janedoe311
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
But does not approve. (I do not CD but still have the "desires".) I shaved for my costume for Halloween a few years ago, and mentioned a few years later shaving under my arms and getting "burned" and she looked at me in shock.

I mean how could I be dressed as wonder woman with hairy armpits?

Of course I shaved my arms, legs and chest as well. I am surprised on how fast it grew back and I am sure the hair on my arms is longer than before.

I would like an excuse to get a body waxing. I hate hair on my body. But if it freaked my wife out about the arms pits I could not do all of me!

kay2
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
A little quiz. Here are 5 statements from JoAnn's post. Which one does not belong in the group?

1) I started shaving my legs, chest, arms, and underarms

2) Wife does not know about my fem side

3) my eyebrows, it was my wife that suggested that I get mine waxed

4) We were at the nail salon

5) she ... remarked, that I needed to shave my legs ...

Could it be number 2? Final answer.:tongueout

Kate Simmons
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
You don't or at least, I didn't. My wife happens to like hairy guys, so the first time I ever shaved my chest, I was on the couch for a week until it grew back, one of her ways to control my CDing. I eventually had to make a choice, the "lady" or the "gorilla". No anthropoids around here any more.:happy:

deniedtoo
04-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I have an answer that you may not like. I have been on long term assignments out of town for over 14 months now. I only go home once every 4 to 5 weeks... so for me.. it's really quite easy ;) :heehee:

SandyR
04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Lucky for me I don't need to pluck my eyebrows much. My wife really likes my smooth chest and back but could do without the shaved legs. We talked about it, to her its more of an "embarrasing" thing when we are out in public for her.

SandyR

janedoe311
04-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Many men wax. Rairly see men in movies with hair on their chest. Has nothing to do with CDing. Personally I do not like body hair and would remove it including under the arms, all if I could. But my SO does not like it.

Have shaved my arms because of getting glue on it and could not get it off without shaving. Once glue soaked thru my shirt and I had to shave my chest. Same with parts of my legs. But that is about it other than my Halloween costume a few years ago.

celeste26
04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I have a medical condition where the hair on my legs doesn't grow much at all. (Only a few wispy hairs scattered along the legs) and I don't really need to shave them since they're so few. Cant see them at all under the pantyhose. When I wear my shorts during the summer no one has even asked yet.

JamieTV
04-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I guess that I am lucky in that my SO actually likes me to shave my legs and chest. She also wants me to shave everything, so most of the time I do.....again I guess that I am the lucky one.

Carin's Wife GG
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
so not an issue for us.

Louise.

JoAnnDallas
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
kay2.....Lets say I'm pretty sure she doesn't know. A lot of things that used to be only for females, males are doing now. Like.

Pedicures
manicures
eyebrows waxed
hair salon
nail salon
facial products such as winkler remover cream and such
wearing makup
pastel colors in clothing
jewlery
ears pierced and ear rings
shaving legs, chest, arms

All of these are becomng mainstream items for hetrosexual men. 20/30 years ago if a hetrosexual man did these things, he would be precieved to be gay.

Onced while getting a pedicure, I asked a GG customer in the next chair, what she thougt about me getting my toes painted. She remarked that she had no problem with it and wished her husband would get a pedicure too. She then asked if my wife was Ok that I got my toes painted. I said she was and replyed "She is lucky to have you as a husband".

Emily Ann Brown
04-27-2007, 10:06 AM
I was shaved totally for almost a year without wife really noticing. I guess it helps if you aren't hairy like a gorilla to start with, and she likes sex in the dark.

She is soon to be EX now so who cares if she notices....I figure it's my reward for the alimony.

Emily Ann

Dixie
04-27-2007, 10:14 AM
My wife loves it so it is not an issue,... it is a turn on!:redface: :heehee:

TxKimberly
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
how do you girls with SO's that do not know or don't like it get away with shaveing your legs chest ect thanks stacylynn1

When I first started going out, my wife asked me not to shave the chest and arms. But after about 6 months of seeing me wear silly looking long sleave blouses with high necks out to casual clubs, she agreed it was pretty silly and that it was OK if I got rid of the rest of the fur. Never looked back!
Kim

Karren H
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Don't let her see you naked!!! A simple yet elagent plan!!! Works for me!!! :D Except in the summer months when I am required to pass as a male in male shorts... "Fuzzy leg" season (June-Sept)... Then I keep the hair cropped short and bleach it with cheap blonde hair color.. Fuzzy enough to be maleish but almost invisible under hose when out enfemme...

Karren

Wendy me
04-27-2007, 02:01 PM
my wife is supportive ... i shave all over .... and i get every now and then only girls shave their legs from her.........

AllThingsPretty
04-27-2007, 05:21 PM
The first time I shaved my body my wife freaked out, she was like what the hell did you do. My chest is really hairy and she liked it allot, But now that I keep it that way and let her see it that way on a daily basis, she is ok with it. she even prefers it shaved smooth now so she wont feel the stubble.

Kerrie Sifton
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks to karren, i think i have found the answer to my current predicament
I was going to shave but it is shorts season and I do want to go outside to play, now I can do both. I hope she meant not a "cheap blonde" hiair colour but rather an "inexpensive blonde" hair colour. Cause in reality there are no cheap blondes :D

BLACK STOCKINGS
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Well my other half has no porblems with me dressing so shaving everywhere is not a problem for me. She actually likes me shaved.

Karren H
04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks to karren, i think i have found the answer to my current predicament
I was going to shave but it is shorts season and I do want to go outside to play, now I can do both. I hope she meant not a "cheap blonde" hiair colour but rather an "inexpensive blonde" hair colour. Cause in reality there are no cheap blondes :D

AKA $1.00 at the dollar store cheap!! hehe

Karren

Jammie Lyann
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I dont have to worry about summer time I dont wear shorts cant stand them,
My legs are ugly, I run in to just about any thing you can think of, half the time I dont even know I have bumped something, an have about 50 or more scars on each legs , wife doesnt care for the fact that I shave but I think its growing on her, Im just not allowed to shave the arm pits,

was watching WWW or what ever its called now an notice that not only are they all hairless but they dont even look like they have shadows of hair growing back , would love to know how they do it

Ivey

bgirl
04-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Negotiation. My seasons are backwards. In the summer I am furry and in the winter, my legs are smooth. If I wanted to shave in the summer, I would have to wear pants, no shorts all summer long. I might also get the EYE from the misses. I personally think no one would care as I see many men, all ages, with smooth legs at the gym.

gaby818
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
ive never been hairy from the chest anyways, so shaving it doesnt make a difference to my SO. i use to shave my arms before i even met her because of working out. shave my private areas because its better for sex. Now that i shave my legs, i tell her i only do it because it keeps me cool when i go out running.
just find reasons to do it, and dont feel weird about it.

Jenny Wilson
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I recently moved out and initiated divorce proceedings, so I suppose I don't have to worry about what my wife thinks anymore. Still, because of the kids our paths will continue to cross. I'm furry enough that hair shows when my top shirt button is unbuttoned, and I know she'll notice if the hair is gone.

I looked at info on waxing and am going to look into it for at least my chest and back. I have a good excuse for anyone who asks as to why the hair is gone. My new shoulder holster is really comfortable compared to an inside the waistband type, but the holster pulls on my hair. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

From what I read, the hair grows back finer and finer after each waxing, and eventually doesn't grow back at all eventually. I hope that's the case. Can anyone offer some insight on that point?

The next step will be bare legs. I love wearing shorts in the summer. Maybe if I get back into biking seriously enough that can be my excuse.

Jenny

MarieTS
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Jenny, I don't wax I use Nair. After several years my hair regrowth IS much less.

christiecd
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
My girlfriend knew that I shaved my legs and underarms, she isn't a huge fan, but she's fine with it. I don't think I could get away with shaving my chest, but since I'm usually wearing clothes, I don't really care about it. She teases me about my eyebrows, and I've used that as an excuse to get those waxed... =)

Christie

Tree GG
05-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Actually, the shaved legs didn't bother me as much as the thought of it did. Not sure what his plan is for the summer.

He didn't have chest hair until +30 so the little that's there and on his tummy I really would miss. Underarm I could care less about.

As a member of the uni-brow club, grooming the eyebrows was probably good in either mode.

I do get cranky though, when he doesn't shave his beard for 3 or 4 days - makes my chin break out & flake from the irritation.

In the end, I can state a preference, but he'll have to make the choice.

Iniquity Blonde GG
05-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Well i dont really like hairy hairy men :rolleyes: im lucky my SO smooth :D but if he had have been hairy, and then shaved !! might have been a :eek:

paulaN
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
My legs and armpits are kept shaved all year long. going on third summer. My wife does not like it. I think mostly because of (what will people think). I don't care what people think any more. No one has noticed, at least no one has said any thing to us/me. she hates it when I shave my chest. the hair seems to grow around my nipples and in the center I can never get it smooth. so it picks her when we make love. Sooooo I wear a shirt when we do that. That's cus my chest is shaved right now. I had a gno a short wile ago and I am going to have another soon. after that I will let it grow out again. at least for a wile. I think. like someone said it's my body and I have to do this, to some extent and I think she understands that. She does not understand this part of me. But she tolerates it. she is a good woman.

tommi
05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Chest not an issue , don't show her the armpits, legs do in stages.:o
But this does work.
Had some surgery in the fall required shaving of prvate area and she tease
me that I should keep it that way for a while,well who am I to argue.:D

marie354
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Most women that I have known, like my body shaved. As a matter of fact, my SO gets upset when I get nubbley, (Is that a word?), so I shave regularly.
:hugs:

karynspanties
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Nobody in public really notices wheter your legs are shaved or not. I have shaved for three years and never had a look or a comment. If your S.O. doesn't mind, do it. Nobody will care. I have worn camisoles with spagetti straps under dark colored t-shirts where the strap was visible if you where looking up close. Not a word from anyone in public. Heck, I have left lace visible from under a flannel (extra button undone) people have noticed but not said anything. We CD'ers have a tendency to worry too much about the silly little things like hair on our legs. Do what makes you happy and screw everyone else that has a problem with it. More than likely, they do wierder stuff.

Sarah W.
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately, due to my work schedule and hecktic family life finding the time to dress completely (as opposed to just wearing a pair of panties to work) is a rare luxury. This works to my advantage though.

I travel some for work and will occasionally be out of town for a week at a time. I shave before I leave and my hair growth is fast enough that by the time I get back I have filled in quite a bit (my wife has apparently never noticed).

Also, there are several sports/hobbies out there that consider shaving to be a benefit. Swimming and cycling are just two examples (people without body hair are supposedly more aerodynamic). Luckily (or is it luck? :happy: ), I play a sport that occasionally "requires" me to shave. So just like my work travel, I am able to occasionally shave when there is a big event coming up.

Oh, and I always manage to find the time to dress and go out sometime during any of these shaved periods. What a coincidence!

CherylKCCD
05-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Consider me one of the lucky ones with an SO that prefers me smooth year round. If I slack off and let the hair grow too long, she takes the razor and has a Shave Party......

Melissa_Z
06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Don't let her see you naked!!! A simple yet elagent plan!!! Works for me!!! :D Except in the summer months when I am required to pass as a male in male shorts... "Fuzzy leg" season (June-Sept)... Then I keep the hair cropped short and bleach it with cheap blonde hair color.. Fuzzy enough to be maleish but almost invisible under hose when out enfemme...

Karren

I presume this whole approach works on arm hair just the same then? If so .... I think ya just solved my problem! Yay

Melissa

JoAnnDallas
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm part American Indian, so don't have a lot of hair anyway. Last summer I started getting a rash, so the doctor suggested an over the counter lotion that has stopped the rash and ich. It also made what hair I have sticky, so I told my wife I was going to shave off the hair because of it. She is OK with that, so I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved all the time.
One thing is it feels so great when I put on my pants and I feel my smooth legs rub against the fabric.

Robin 36
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I hate most body hair. It's rather unsightly I find. Especially under arms. Ever see a gg with hairy pits. I rest my case. Some hairy legs are pretty offensive as well (male or female).

My wife says she doesn't want me to shave but she does like to feel my smooth legs. I shave legs, chest, under arms. She's never commented on under arms but has said she wishes I didn't shave my chest. Still I think it looks much better shaved. I don't shave my arms. I don't want to try to explain that every time I where a short sleeve shirt. But I do trim that hair very short. Otherwise it's pretty furry (yuk). I may try Karrens hair bleaching suggestion too.

love
Robin

Sheila
06-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I say do what you want and do what makes you happy. I don't think a person has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body. It should be a personal decision left up to you, not someone else. Just my opinion.

True True ..... but then again, an SO has A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT SHE IS SIGNING ON FOR ... unless of course you are happy to answer the door with body hair shaved and dressed as fem just my :2c: though and not meant to offend anybody

SandyR
06-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Last weekend my wife bought me razors....said its ok if I shave my legs so long has I keep taking care of the tings around the house....Guess it was a light at the end of the tunnel (or razor) and the train that i almost always find.

Hugs.

SandyR

AllieSF
06-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Following Karren's recommendation from many posts ago in another thread, I bought a cheap hair shaver with multiple attachements for different length short hair. I cut my arm and leg hairs to about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) and then used a body hair bleach I bought at the pharmacy in the hair removal area. It works great, short hair for those that need to see some, yet, it does not look manly and my leg hair does not show under regular nylons. I just redid it after about 3-4 weeks as the blacker hairs started to grow out. I have not tried very sheer nylons yet. When the body bleach runs out, I will complete Karren's recommendation by buying the inexpensive (not cheap) blonde hair coloring at the dollar store.

windycissy
06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Honestly, this is one of the things that's gotten easier for us: REAL MEN DON'T HAVE BODY HAIR, at least the role models we see in the movies, print ads, etc. I used to be terribly self-conscious about it, but not any more...the drugstores are full of "mangroomers" so you know there is a demand for shavers that are designed for a man's body. The women in my life love me this way....

NZ_Dawn
06-30-2007, 03:10 AM
My wife now also prefers my legs shaved. The forest does not feel the same as smooth skin. As for my chest and arms, she is in-different but likes to see some hair there. (Maybe a reassurance thing...Ill ask Freud)

Sedona
06-30-2007, 07:12 AM
All about compromise. Find out what she likes, and be willing to meet halfway.

Me, I'd like to stay waxed/shaved most of the year (don't mind growing it out on occasion).

My girlfriend doesn't like smooth pits/legs. So, I only do those places a couple times a year. No worries.

BarbaraTalbot
06-30-2007, 11:17 AM
A couple ofyears ago, we were in a hotel and I was in a luxurious bath (a treat because for all practical purposes we don't have a usable tub- see blog) I was doinga little man-scaping, it got a little out of hand. I left the legs and chest alone, but in between was well very groomed, or smooth.

Dee said it "felt weird" and looked from certain angles well nevermind.

It felt wonderful. She actually seemed to me to be pretty enthusiastic to me (at least in my mind) and I filed that away.

Once I sugar waxed my chest after a queer eye episode. Similar results.

I figured that she needed a little hairy reassurance as to who was the dude,

At one time I thought she was encouraging me to shave my "little breasts" I did leaving a little patch and got enthusiasm, and then ewww the next day in the cold light of day.

We just talked about this question now, and we decided that she kinda knew or suspected CD urges before I really thought about what it meant to me, she was a little hesitant then, because its hard to understand if you cant really envison a straight cd'd where the end of that road is.

Now that it is out in the open and she is used to the feeling, she really likes it.

When I am butching up though which I seem to need to do to re-visit my male base persona, she wouldnt mind instant sprouting man-fur just to complete the look.

clemsontv2002
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I shave legs and butt and private only going to shave it all soon!