PDA

View Full Version : Today is the 1st Day of the rest of my life

Deborah_UK
04-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Today my transition starts, for real.

Although to live F/T as a female is still a way off I am taking the first step today. I'm going to see my GP to tell him I want referral to the the Gender Clinic. That I want to start on hormones as soon as possible.

I intend to sell my house and move - to where no-one knows my male side, so when I do move in the neighbours will only know a woman is there.

I am nervous and excited, but I know I can no longer live a lie. Why should I be unhappy for the rest of the 20 or so years I have left on this planet.

I know it won't be easy, I know there will be difficulties ahead, but I finally realise that this is MY life, I want to live it as the woman I know I am.

Don't wish me luck - just your wishes and prayers.

And with your indulgence - some support too please?

Shelly Preston
04-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Hi Debroah

It seems to me luck is something you dont need just lots of :hugs:

I hope you have a smooth transition and enjoy every minute from your new begining :D

Sandra
04-26-2007, 04:25 AM
I wish you well Debroah and send you lots of :hugs:

Tamara Croft
04-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Wow, a new journey :hugs: I wish you well for your new future and keep us up to date how things go :D

MJ
04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
wow good for you , all the best to you, should you need someone to talk to "pm" me anytime

Deborah_UK
04-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you

Sandra, Shelly, Tamara & MJ for your hugs and thoughts.

It was quite surreal - I went in to the Doctor, I didn't beat about the bush(which suprised me!) his first comment was "wow! well done!" - he agreed to refer me onwards (as per NHS guidelines) but I will have to wait for hormones

CaptLex
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Good for you, Deborah! I wish you all the best - as smooth a transition as possible and all good things in your future. :hugs:

Sharon
04-26-2007, 05:33 PM
As you say, it won't always be easy, Deborah, but I can assure you that it will be easier than continuing to be someone you aren't.

You have my best wishes and all the support you ever need.:happy:

michelleupnorth
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I wish you lived near me we could both run away together. Same plan here, sell my house and start new. Just a few things left to settle here first and I'm on my way.

Hugz Michelle

loriannetucson
04-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Well, prayers and support are all I have to give, but they're yours, Deborah. Together we can all remain strong and start living the life, not the lie.

Shelly R
04-27-2007, 03:51 PM
You have my prayers, and my support. Congratulations on your new life!

ClaireJ
04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Let the good times roll!!

Best wishes

Claire

Siobhan Marie
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Deborah, I'm so happy for you, I really am. Loads of :hugs: too. Like Marissa said, if you want someone to talk to, you can PM me anytime.

huge :hugs: Anna Marie x