PDA

View Full Version : I'm devastated...

Jennifer_G_2
04-26-2007, 04:00 AM
Ok, I went to get dressed this evening, started laying everything out as normal, and noticed an identical rip/puncture in each of my forms, each about 3 inches under the nipples, I can't believe this!

Does anyone know what could have caused this?

I have put small pieces of packing over them for now, but I am afraid the hole will just get bigger and bigger until they are done for, or are they already?

Arrrggggg!, They were expensive.

Jen

Brianna Lovely
04-26-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Did you store them in their original box?

Lilith Moon
04-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Underwired bra ?

RachelDenise
04-26-2007, 04:28 AM
Breastforms do have a shelf life and should be stored in their original box when not in use. I have had to buy a new set and was unable to stop the rip in my left girl of the old set.

Jennifer_G_2
04-26-2007, 04:31 AM
I keep them in my panty/bra drawer, not in the box as I probably should. You know Lilith, it very well could have been an underwire, I'll check them out.

If I discover it was indeed a bra, I will let everyone know what kind it is, and hopefully others can avoid this tragedy.

Rachel, I was afraid I won't be able to stop the damage, I got them from breaststore.com, any sugesstions?

Jen

Tamara Croft
04-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Not sure if this will help, but it's how to repair breastforms, although I don't know what yours are made from.

http://www.blooberry.com/bformfaq/retirement.html

Teresa Amina
04-26-2007, 06:34 AM
If they are Transforms they are supposed to be warrantied for a year (as I understand it), but as you didn't store them properly you'd be out of luck anyway. I had a small puncture caused by a cat claw which grew into a tear, but a piece of Scotch Tape seemed to be holding well. I have downsized since then and the damaged boob is resting in her original box next to her sister.

Kate Simmons
04-26-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm pretty physically active which is one reason I don't buy the expensive ones, so the "El-cheapos" are good enough for my purposes. That way I can keep 4 back up sets just in case. I was always gritting my teeth when I see how much some gals spend on these things but to each her own, I guess. It pays to have at least one back up set though and I thank Tam for the repair information. That way, once we repair them, we can have something in case we get into a "pinch".:happy:

Leah B
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Identical tears?

Could it be...

Sabotage!?

ErikaLeigh
04-26-2007, 08:39 AM
That Sucks!!!! A moment of silence for the twins please. :sad:

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
This is a tragedy, well not really but I'm feeling melodramatic right now since my wife just called me to complain about the car. I am going to need new breast forms soon but I just use the one cup size inserts you can find just about anywhere for $50.00. They seem to last me a long time and I wear them almost every day for at least a few hours. Hope you can repair or maybe you should try putting a claim in on your homeowners policy, ha ha!!

Karren H
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Breastforms do have a shelf life and should be stored in their original box when not in use. I have had to buy a new set and was unable to stop the rip in my left girl of the old set.

Guess throwing them under the seat of my pickup truck isn't too smart? Hehe

Karren

DAVIDA
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I have taken mole skin and covered the entire back of forms that start splitting. That works well, but they have a tendency to slide around.
Davida

marie354
04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I was going to purchase some forms last month, but my SO told me that she had gotten me some for my birthday. Well it turned out that they were Walmart gel push-up pads. They're only about $20 per pair so I got a second set and glued the less-rounded edges together with super-glue to create a nice "C" sized form. They are very soft and almost feel like the real thing. So, for about $40 you can make your own from these. They haven't come apart yet, but I've got an idea for that too.

Go to the hardware store and get some silicone caulk... Not the type that painters use, but the kind that is clear and 100% silicone. You should be able to smooth this over the hole and make a good patch that will last a while. At least until you can get another set. It may take a couple of coats, each covering a bit larger area, but it should help prevent the gel from leaking out of them. I used some to form a nipple on my home made ones.

:hugs: ~~ Sandy ~~

TV Wannabe
04-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Go to the hardware store and get some silicone caulk... Not the type that painters use, but the kind that is clear and 100% silicone. You should be able to smooth this over the hole and make a good patch that will last a while. At least until you can get another set. It may take a couple of coats, each covering a bit larger area, but it should help prevent the gel from leaking out of them. I used some to form a nipple on my home made ones.

In my experience working with silicone on windows and stuff, it smells really bad, its a strange smell it doesn't seem like a good idea, but it's interesting nonetheless. but you said you made a nipple with it, could you post how you did it, thanks Marie.

Love Diane

Bev06 GG
04-26-2007, 02:07 PM

I know this is no laughing matter but Gawd Erika that made me laugh.
Bev

sterling12
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Since you said that the holes are identical and on both forms, I would guess at only two possibilities.

Were you wearing something, that could have damaged both of them at the same time, in approximately the same areas? I.E. a piece of jewelry or a bra, or a piece of clothing with puncture making protrusions?

OK, if that doesn't work we are back to The Sabotage Theory. Who has access to your stuff, who might be going through your drawers, whom would want to harm you or "send you a message?"

I am not trying to make you paranoid but if somebody did this to you, it's not unusual for such types of behavior to escalate, and that could really get bad! Also, do not ignore the possibility of someone you think is accepting. If your not familiar with it, do a Search on Passive/Aggressive Personality Types. These types of people are quite common.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jennifer_G_2
04-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Wow ladies, thank you all for your support and advice. I may try Diane's idea for patching with silicon, I tried the tape and it seemed to make it worse. Its not worth it if I cant squeeze them every now and then LOL.

Ill probably just get some new ones if the patching doesnt work, thanks again everyone.

Jen

Jennifer_G_2
04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Since you said that the holes are identical and on both forms, I would guess at only two possibilities.

Were you wearing something, that could have damaged both of them at the same time, in approximately the same areas? I.E. a piece of jewelry or a bra, or a piece of clothing with puncture making protrusions?

OK, if that doesn't work we are back to The Sabotage Theory. Who has access to your stuff, who might be going through your drawers, whom would want to harm you or "send you a message?"

I am not trying to make you paranoid but if somebody did this to you, it's not unusual for such types of behavior to escalate, and that could really get bad! Also, do not ignore the possibility of someone you think is accepting. If your not familiar with it, do a Search on Passive/Aggressive Personality Types. These types of people are quite common.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I never really thought about the sabotage possibility, although I think my roomate respect my privacy pretty well, nor does he suspect. I think it mak have been a peice of lingerie that I just got at the local thriftit has some hard things on the underside, and I work a really tight dress over it.

This was probably my own doing, guess I need to be more careful.

I will however been more receptive in case someone else did indeed do this.

Jen

Tamara Croft
04-26-2007, 05:00 PM
I know this is no laughing matter but Gawd Erika that made me laugh.
BevGave me a giggle too.... :heehee:

Jennifer_G_2
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM

LOL

KELLYANN
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
HI JENNIFER. sounds like an underwire gone bad. but, in the same spot on each of the girls? HMMMMM maybe a wardrobe malfunction. HEHE i had a pair less than a month old, and found a tiny tear. used some clear medical grade tape to cover. they've been fine. also, i don't believe you mentioned how long you've had them. just like us, they wear out in time. DON'T sleep in them! unless they are PALS or similar. :hugs: KELLY

BobbieCD1944
04-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm pretty physically active which is one reason I don't buy the expensive ones, so the "El-cheapos" are good enough for my purposes.
That way I can keep 4 back up sets just in case. ...

Would you suggest, perhaps post a link or two for the "el-cheapos" you have found that were statisfactory. I'd like to explore having some extras of different size.