PDA

View Full Version : Hair color

Xaff
04-26-2007, 04:42 AM
I don't realy know how to start but eh....look most people in the western society have brown hair. But most woman paint it blond. Realy, there are not so many people who have blond hair from naturaly.
Now, woman paint there hair blond becose it looks nice/cute. Now my point is:
My hair is natural blond/little bit red. And I somethis have the feeling that if my hair would be brown my apperence would be more cool. (And more guyisch.) Becose the blond color is a cute color. And many small children are blond. But on the other hand, if I would paint my hair brown, then I am a little bit scared that my face would be so white. So.....yeah.

What do you guys think about blond men? And do you think I can paint my hair brown?

Morgan,

Wren
04-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Most people i know are blonde male and female.. most of them don't look cute..just blonde.

So if you want to go for brown by all means. Dye is impermanant and transient in this world and a matter of personal choice.

As to your face standing out pale-like.. that's my reality. I have jet black hair and pasty skin. Works for me..

sparro
04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
I don't really know if blond is a feminine hair colour..or takes away from a manly look. Really, I've know a lot of naturally blond men. There are fewer men I've ever known, comparatively, who actually go out of their way to dye their hair, unless they're graying or flamboyant and gay(that one's for Wren's brother ;)).
Leave you're lovely hair how it is!

Xaff
04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
So blond hair is cool too. Thanks. (Most/All guys I know have brown hair, so I thought...) Okey, I am happy with my hair collor. :D

Morgan,

But I am still gonna try and pain it one time....jeb :heehee:

bi_weird
04-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Hehe yay for hair dying. I did my red a few weeks ago, then purple, then blue. Unforunatley, the purple hardly showed and the blue didn't show at all...but yes, fun times anyway. It's going to be red again soon, methinks.
If you want to dye it brown, get a temporary color thing to try it out. You can get most normal colors in one week, one month, and permanant versions. Don't worry abou looking too pale - I'm really really omw pale with medium brown hair and it looks fine. I cheat sometimes and use a fake tanning lotion, but really my face looks fine. My legs on the other hand...THOSE are too white...
But as for blond being not masculine...i dunno. (Whoa interesting aside. Apparently "blonde" is the feminine form while "blond" is the masculine form...totally didn't know that. Thank goodness for wikipedia) Two of my brothers are blonds, including the one who's a first lieutenant in the Air Force. There's a lot of guys out there with both hair colors. It depends more on where you're from. Girls dye their hair blond because it makes them look younger, because hair tends to turn brown as we age. (Dad was blond at twenty and is now brown.) So it's totally you're choice to dye or not to dye. Personally, I recommend turquoise - that's one I haven't tried yet.

Laurie909
04-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Have you noticed that both Hillarly Duff anf Jessica Simpson now have dark brown hair? Who knows what there real hair color is but that brown looks absolutely awful. It's drab and dull. It's like being asked what your favorite color is and replying: "beige." My hair is kind of a medium brown but I've been lightening it up the last couple years. It's now kind of a brownish-red (or is that redish-brown), either way I've gotten a lot of compliments on the color.

janedoe311
04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
So is my wife and kids.

I cover up the grey.

One thing is that blond dye is less toxic than the dark colors. Also us blond hair tend to darken as we age so we will color it.

Then there is the dark roots. Many blonds will have the hair come out dark (a tan) but will bleach out by the sun. So it looks like they dye their hair.

I have know many natural blonds with dark roots. All their kids were blond and they have very beautiful yellow blond with so called dark roots.

The longer your hair is the lighter it is because it bleaches out. My natural color is dark blond, (dirty or sandy blond. If I let it grow it would be a lighter blond.