PDA

View Full Version : Stupid... stupid... stupid......

Karren H
04-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes I am... Today..... Traveled to a mine symposium this morning, a two day event, and fully plan to parlay it into an enfemme adventure tommorow... And this morning, on the way over, I was painting up a set of stickon nails, and organizing my purse for tommorow... Got to the symposium and parked in the lot, put the finishing touches on the nails... Checked my email, got out of the car, locked the door and shut it... CRAP..... There's my keys setting on the consoul, next to my purse and a bottle of nail polish.....

And I don't have a second set of keys.... My wife lost them... Sooooo what to do... Guess at the lunch break I'll call AAA and see what they can do or the campus police or local police... Should get some interesting looks or comments for sure!! Lol. Glad I wasn't dressed.... Hehe

Need to get a second key for sure... I'm sooo embarased and sooo stupid...

Anyone do anything stupid while enfemme or in the proicess of getting ready?

Love Karren

Kitty Sue
04-26-2007, 07:54 AM
OOPs. Could just say it is your wife's car and she is off shopping while you are getting the care unlocked.

Carroll
04-26-2007, 07:57 AM
not en femme. However, I did learn to put a hide-a-key on my car. About 25 years ago I locked my keys in my car when I was parked at the BX (base exchange) at an Air Force base. My sunroof was open so I started to crawl though it. The base police showed up as I had my butt in the air out of the car. So there I was upside-down in this car with the police looking at me. I had to show Military ID, drivers license, and registration to prove it was my car.
Never again :)

Lisa Golightly
04-26-2007, 08:06 AM
If that was parked round these parts it'd be gone in under five minutes!

Staci G
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
It must be a common thing. I locked my keys in my truck while getting a set of acrylic nails when I got back I had to break in, lucky for me I know how to break into a Freightliner..At a truckstop no less

melissaK
04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Well what with late nights watching the NY State Hockey Tourney on the TV I can see why a girl might be a little tired and easily distracted the next day . . . good thing you had your lap top out . . . (that is how you posted right?)

hugs,
lissa

DawnL
04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Is that all!
I thought you were going to say that you got on the road and realized you forgot all "Karrren's" stuff. WHEW!!!

I've only forgotten my keys in my car once. The first day on a new job when I transerred to LA. I got there early to impress my new boss..lol.

Sheri 4242
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Karren - you're a gem! Thanks for the morning giggle (it has to be a giggle; would never want to laugh at someone's misfortune - it wouldn't be ladylike). If all else fails, call a locksmith. Don't know about your area, but down here locksmith's charge $50 +/- to get into your car. Of course, the campus p.d. might have the same slim-jim type tool, so you might want to start with them. As far as the stuff you left "in plain view," I'd bet it won't be noticed (or, if it is, nothing will be said). "If" something is said, that's you're excuse: going through the glove compartment and all the stuff your wife has crammed in there and that is why you laid your keys down. *Chuckle* (Sorry, it eeked out.)

Roberta Lynn
04-26-2007, 09:22 AM
I've forgotten what kind of car you drive Karren
But you next car should have Onstar, You just call them up and they unlock it for you by satellite.
My wife did lock her keys in the car one time, with the car running :eek:

Kate Simmons
04-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Karren, poop happens. I used to do that all the time years ago in guy mode. I finally got the message to carry spare keys. They don't cover this situation in "Blonde 101" though, I wonder why?:heehee:

Victoria Pink
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Just a tip for all you lovely girls... If you have a second electronic door opener at home you can have someone call your cell phone and push the unlock button and the door will unlock. You need to hold your cell phone within a foot of your door lock when they push the open button on your spare transmitter.

It's cool, I've tried it and this works.

Love ya
Victoria

Karren H
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Well I drive an 2003 Ford Ranger FX4/Level II pickup truck.... Black .... Big tires..... Wanted the girly pink pinstripe but it wasn't available.. Lol. and Karren's fem things are in the back seat just incase I get some time today...

Well during a break, I went out to the parking lot and chatted with the campus security guy.. Gave me the number of a AAA garage nearby, called them and they said call AAA... Did that...

So stood around the lot chatting to Emily Ann on IM. And of coarse she scolded me for being stupid and for yesterdays posts!! Lol. Told Emily that there was a big tip in this if the guy hurried up since I had to use the ladies room... Bad!!! And in 15 minutes a truck shows up, 2 seconds later the truck is open, gave the guy a $20 tip and off he went..

So now I'm back in the symposium.. Listening and posting and chatting online and plannig tommorows enfemme excersion....

Need to get a key on the way home.. But only for the door since the Ranger keys have an RFID chip that identifys the owner... If you use a copy key it will lock out starting after 3 attempts... And then you have to have it towed to a Ford dealer...

Love Karren

Minerva Morgan
04-26-2007, 10:32 AM
You forgot your purse???!!!

Minerva

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Not you, Karen!
We all have done something like this before so it can't be considered stupid, it's just a moment of diminished brain capacity. I am glad you got in allright and hopefully you will have your en-femme time of your life. In any case let us all know how it goes.
Thanks
sandra

Kerrie Sifton
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Now I am confused, Karren with nails on, in the symposium parking lot? and in the symposium too... I assume they are a neutral colour. Karren just how do you do this? ( I truly am amazed) :heehee: :heehee: And how do you pay attention in the forum if you are on your crackberry?

Karren H
04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
I leave my purse in the truck when I'm out in male mode..... And they are stickon nails, I stick on 5 on my left hand, paint them a pretty dark pink and then drive.... When they drive, pull over and give them another coat! Then drive more... When they are done take tem off and place them back in their container.. Put on 5 more and repeat!!

When I get to where I'm going I have a complete box of painted nails.. Saves time and all ready for tommorow...

And I can listen to the speakers ...... "The oxygen content of the under ground atmosphere must meet minimum standards and set by the federal govenrment....." And chat at the same time!! :D

Lunch Break!! Now where's the nearest department store...... I could ise a new dress!! Hehe

Love Karren

Rikkicn
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Let's see....business trip to small rural town with truckers motel the only place to stay.
Firs time fully dressed with everything! Walked out of my motel room into my car. 5 feet, no problem. In my car and ready for the night time drive.
OH S*** I locked my self out of the room! My heart sank and raced at the same time. I sat there for 15 minutes trying to figure out my options.
It was a 4 hour drive home, to change cloths, and some splainin to do or I could try to get the lock open with my knife. Thought hmmm, that would be hard to explain if I got caught. Soooooooooo
In the office I went and said in best womanly voice "I locked myself out"
He turned away from the little tv long enough to smile and throw me a key.
Phew!!!! over and nothing bad happened.
If I passed, then it was the first time and I felt great and confident.
I got back in the car and went for that drive.
YAY!!! me

OMG!!!! The adventures we have. What lives we lead. what stories we have to tell.
Here's a great idea IMHO
We should all write our best stories. Then get it published. Wouldn't that be an amazing and interesting book.
I'd be happy to take on the project if people want to do this.

susie evans
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
karren don't think i would worry much i think this sot of thing happens because we have a split gender and look at the brite side you get to chat as you wait for the AAA to un lock the truck now you have another reason to go shopping to relive the stress from all the drama :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Bobbi Lynn
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
To get a new key to start the truck is $$$$. Get one to at least open the door, as in your case, the one to start it is probably locked inside. I have an '01 Ranger (2X2) the chip can be good and bad?? Good Luck Karren!

Lovely Rita
04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh my. I hope it turned out well for you.

really I do

Mitzi
04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Just a tip for all you lovely girls... If you have a second electronic door opener at home you can have someone call your cell phone and push the unlock button and the door will unlock. You need to hold your cell phone within a foot of your door lock when they push the open button on your spare transmitter.

Love ya
Victoria

Wow, what a great tip. I tried it, and voila!! But now I'll have to divulge where I keep the spare to my wife. Like most of us, I carry a few "things' in my trunk now and then...:heehee:

Oops note (written later...) My test might have been flawed, wasn't far enough from the car, I think...remote might have directly unlocked the door... Oh well

Deborah
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Love ya
Victoria

Mythbusters tried it and it didn't work. Depends on the equipment i suppose.

JoAnnDallas
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
First, I am not surprised that Emily chewed you out. (Note to self, pat EM on back). Second your starting to have those SENIOR MOMENTS. So becareful, they will happen again. LOL

Kate Simmons
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
So what is the minimum O2 content for underground Karr? I'm thinking 19-21%?:happy:

Paulacder
04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Karen, Te last time I bought a spare key that had the chip in it had to come from the dealer and cost $40.00 :heehee:

Tamara Croft
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
<snip>got out of the car, locked the door and shut it... CRAP..... There's my keys setting on the consoul, next to my purse and a bottle of nail polish.....So... you also have a stupid car with those stupid locks on the doors?? yep... stupid that was :heehee:

Roxi Loh
04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
When I was out a week or so ago...I locked my room key in the room once. Had to go the lobby to get a new one...I was dressed. When I got back to the room late at night...then new key did not work. In my purse next to my blackberry is my guess. Trudge to the lobby again. The staff was very nice even though they knew I was CDing.
Yes I am... Today..... Traveled to a mine symposium this morning, a two day event, and fully plan to parlay it into an enfemme adventure tommorow... And this morning, on the way over, I was painting up a set of stickon nails, and organizing my purse for tommorow... Got to the symposium and parked in the lot, put the finishing touches on the nails... Checked my email, got out of the car, locked the door and shut it... CRAP..... There's my keys setting on the consoul, next to my purse and a bottle of nail polish.....

And I don't have a second set of keys.... My wife lost them... Sooooo what to do... Guess at the lunch break I'll call AAA and see what they can do or the campus police or local police... Should get some interesting looks or comments for sure!! Lol. Glad I wasn't dressed.... Hehe

Need to get a second key for sure... I'm sooo embarased and sooo stupid...

Love Karren

I need to stop wearing blond wigs lol.

marti
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM

Love ya
Victoria
This is an urban legend. I always check out snopes.com when stories don't seem quite right. Check out the truth here.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

MistyCD
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Need to get a key on the way home.. But only for the door since the Ranger keys have an RFID chip that identifys the owner... If you use a copy key it will lock out starting after 3 attempts... And then you have to have it towed to a Ford dealer...

So get the key made by the Ford Dealer !!!!!

Misty :2c:

Cherry Lynn
04-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I think $40.00 is what an extra key with chip cost for my wife's Explorer Sport Trac but it has been worth it.

Lisa Thorne
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I have never locked my keys in the car while dressed (knock on wood). I try to be so careful about that.

Tedi
04-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok, here's a little trick I learned from a friend. It only works if you have electrically operated locks on your car.. most of the newer ones do. You do need a smidgen of knowledge of wires and such. Trace the wires that go to your lock-unlock button in the car.. tap into those wires and run a pair to.. say.. under the wheel well.. or someplace like that. install a weatherproof switch (spring loaded momentary contact single pole (I think)), connect the wires and you'll never be locked out of your car. I haven't done this to my car.. yet.. but then I've never locked myself out. Or just hide a key somewhere on the car.

trannie T
04-27-2007, 01:26 AM
How incredibly stupid of you! !

I locked my keys in the car today too. Took me about a minute to get in.
To give a shameless plug to AAA, they will make a credit card version of your vehicle key which can be carried in your wallet. They give them away free to members, it must save them lots of money on locksmith calls.

Sally2005
04-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Stupid?...ya. I just ordered a $200 set of breast forms and had them delivered to an incomplete address. I thought I was having them sent via UPS so I gave the UPS store name instead of an actual address. They shipped them using the post office! Somehow they made it, $5 charge at the UPS store and a few more grey hairs on my head. Images of the guy at the store opening the box or looking up my phone number and calling home....

...about the Ford keys... you need two to get a new one made. If you lost one the computer in the car has to be reprogrammed ($300).

sherri
04-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Locking myself out of the car could be bad, but here's an even worse scenario: I'm at the club and it's closing time, people are leaving and the club is ready to lock the door. I walk out alone to the deserted parking lot and someone waiting in the shadows snatches my purse and takes off. Now I have no way to get in my car, I have no cell phone to call for help, I have no money and I'm walking in 4" stiletto heels. I have no idea where the nearest public phone is and it's two o'clock in the morning. If pounding on the club door doesn't work, I'm screwed, and the situation could get even uglier in a dozen different ways.

So, my ounce of prevention is to pin a spare door/ignition key somewhere on my person, usually to the inside of my waistband or bra. And I keep a credit card and a little cash hidden in my car. What a huge difference a little precaution could make.

By the way, when out en femme, I've never been the last one to leave a club. In fact, I've never stayed til closing time. But you get the idea.

TxKimberly
04-27-2007, 08:08 AM

Love Karren

You may recall my post and trying to leave the fast food line at Whataburger just to find that the curb was MUCH higher than I had thought and so I had my truck high centered and stuck. Pretty sure I've got you beat in the 'done something stupid' catagory with that one. At least you didn't have a line of 5 or 6 cars stuck behind you honking horns and screaming at you because they are now stuck behind you as a result of your being stupid. :-)

By the way, next time call me and I'll come get ya'!

Kim

Michelia
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
But it does make me feel a little less inept when you share your misshaps. If these things happen to the awesome, all together, Karen Hutton, well then maybe I am only human.

I haven,t read what finally happened. I will save it for later. It is too much suspense... I will savor it at the right moment. Tee hee. But I do hope it has all turned out OK.

Michelia

Karren H
04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
But it does make me feel a little less inept when you share your misshaps. If these things happen to the awesome, all together, Karen Hutton, well then maybe I am only human.

Michelia

What's really funny at least to me is the fact that I do more stupid things than I let on or tell... Just ask my wife!! Hehe.. And I could probably start a continuing thread on my stupidity.. Or my wife could.... Only problem is that I never have my camera and mini-tripod ready when I do stupid things unlike when I'm out enfemme..

Hmmmmm.. So why is it I seem to do less stupid things when dressed?? Ahhh Haaa... I think I just proved that women are smarter than men or at least they do less stupid things...

:D

Love Karren

natasha
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Sally, lol.... I ordered some dresses etc... and somehow typed in the wrong address. I transposed the last two numbers of the address, fortunately the recipient was a coworker and delivered me the box unopened the next day. Thankfully, he didnt open the box and thankfully the box was discretly labled. I told him it was racing parts!!!

Tallie
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I must say, I have a lot of respect for you ladies who venture out in the public dressed. I am not that brave and restrict my CDing to home, except for panties almost all the time and sometimes bras when I can cover up with a coat. I'm also impressed at how good you all look. I would never pass.
Tallie

brittanny
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
my ford truck has a keypad on the door that unlocks it I love it I never take the keys out just use my code

MFStoo
04-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Karen,
I love your posts :tongueout
Always up beat and interesting...
I was so nervous about locking myself out of the car, while going out one night that I pinned a spare in my bra.
:lol:
Gina