PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled a manicure/pedicure

jenw83
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok I have had them done before but I want to do something a little thrilling. I dont have enough clothes to pass but to be honest I have never tried. But I like wearing some feminine things for everyday activities.

I am going to a nail salon I have never been to before. I was thinking of wearing some womens spandex boot cut workout pants (somewhat feminine) and these cute nike sandals that are sort of feminine (they are womens but hard to tell). I really want to get a french pedicure/polish and was thinking that wearing the other things may help. I am nervous to ask and I know its been covered before but whats the easiest way of asking? Should I wear those clothes or should I go more in drab? Like I said I cant fully dress up cause I do not have the clothes to do so. Funny thing is I am going for a job interview later tomorrow, hehe.

Lori SC
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Jen,

Don't waste a manicure.

Go to your interview, THEN go for the manicure/pedicure.

It's not going to matter to the people giving the manicure what you wear, as long as it's not indecent. They will give you the best service in return for cash.

Hugs, Lori

jenw83
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Well I would not waste the manicure by going in before hand. I am not going to get any polish on my hands, just my feet.

AllieSF
04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Just go in whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. Going to an out of the way place far from the home front gives youi the opportunity to experiment and try to be a little daring. If you like their work and personalities, you may have a good place to dress and still feel comfortable. The manicure people have seen a lot and really don't care. Watch what they do, you may learn a few tricks. My son has had manicures before without the polish. Pick a pretty color to show through your sheer nylons! Good luck.

:D :hugs:

JoAnnDallas
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
My nail tech has told me that a lot of men come to thier salon for pedicures/manicures and a lot of them like myself like to have thier toes painted.
I have asked other cutomers while I was gettin my toes painted what they thought of me getting my toes painted. Everyone one of them had no problem with it and a few wished their husbands would get a pedicure and toe nail polish.

So go and enjoy the treatment and if you want a french pedicure/polish ask for it.