PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find the "Off" Switch

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Poc's "wuss" thread reminded me of my own semi-confused and totally-irritating situation lately. I've figured out that I must be putting out a female vibe to the universe in the past two days 'cause no matter what I wear (hell, I'm even wearing the packy) and regardless of the fact that I currently have facial hair, I have been called "ma'am", "lady", "she" and by my female name on several occasions in the last two days. Ironically, I hadn't been called that in a while - even after I shaved it all off. Also, my voice is usually better than this, but for the last two days I can't get it to sound like anything besides a female with a cold. Bah! I know I have the right hormones running through me now but I swear sometimes I wonder if Mother Nature likes to play jokes on me. :rolleyes:

Maybe I need a boys' night out . . . :p

melissaK
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Hmmm. Well Cap'n, I know you are 'young' at being a guy, but aim for a 'guys' night out over the 'boys' night out. . . . I know its just semantics, but . . .

Hugs,
'lissa

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
come on over i'll take you out :D

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Hmmm. Well Cap'n, I know you are 'young' at being a guy, but aim for a 'guys' night out over the 'boys' night out. . . . I know its just semantics, but . . .

Hugs,
'lissa

Lol... are you sayin Cap's a little kid :heehee: Well we already knew that!!

Hehe where I live guys say "boys night out" and stuff.

Poc's "wuss" thread reminded me of my own semi-confused and totally-irritating situation lately. I've figured out that I must be putting out a female vibe to the universe in the past two days 'cause no matter what I wear (hell, I'm even wearing the packy) and regardless of the fact that I currently have facial hair, I have been called "ma'am", "lady", "she" and by my female name on several occasions in the last two days. Ironically, I hadn't been called that in a while - even after I shaved it all off. Also, my voice is usually better than this, but for the last two days I can't get it to sound like anything besides a female with a cold. Bah! I know I have the right hormones running through me now but I swear sometimes I wonder if Mother Nature likes to play jokes on me. :rolleyes:

Yeah you do need a boys night out. Oooh I wish I could take you out. We could go like dancing or Karaoke (HA HA) or something. Or just go and check guys out in a gay bar! (Er... if Lisa said I could that is :heehee: ... hey I'd be checkin' them out to help Cap out hehehe).

I think it's just your eyebrows. It's because they're so perfectly formed, (typical!) Perhaps it's time to make an effort with the eyebrow pencil to make them look straighter/lower/thicker? Or to grow your hair over your eyes a bit (haha I know you told me NO! about that one b4).

There are just little subtle things that make people seem female... like a girly shaped butt (why I always wear long shirts/t shirts), or a slender neck.. or boob shape showing. You just have to work out what these things are and counteract them.

Which is bloody annoying I know, but when you've fully transitioned you won't have to worry about stupid things like hiding boobs.

And your body shape is already much more masculine.. so hey you're well on your way mate!

Oh man that voice thing.. so frustrating :( I try not to talk much hehe.
I am sure your voice will drop again soon... in all the personal transmen's sites I've been on, their voice goes through phases and will drop every now and then and sometimes get a bit higher again.. and then drop again before finally settling on a more masculine range.

So even though it's all frustrating... I don't think it's anything to worry about... again it's a matter of patience (grrr I know... sorry :( )

But when you're fully a guy... with no boobs... completely guy shaped body... bit lower voice.... when you exude "femininity".... it will be accurate... it will just be as your gay male self coming though. A man.. with lovely softness... that's you!

And you won't have to worry about mannerisms or "trying hard to be manly", because you can just be yourself, because you will obviously be a man to anyone looking at you... just a camp one :p The naturally camp guy that you are.

Like I always say... it's hard for a girly boy, who was born with a girl's body, to be seen as a boy... because everyone just sees "girl".... but hey, you're still in your cocoon.. and soon you will emerge as a girly boy, with a boy's body! And it will all make sense to everyone :cool:

Lisa Golightly
04-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah you do need a boys night out. Oooh I wish I could take you out. We could go like dancing or Karaoke (HA HA) or something. Or just go and check guys out in a gay bar! (Er... if Lisa said I could that is :heehee: ... hey I'd be checkin' them out to help Cap out hehehe).

Just make sure you bring him home in piece Capt :rolleyes: hehehehehe :)

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Hmmm. Well Cap'n, I know you are 'young' at being a guy, but aim for a 'guys' night out over the 'boys' night out. . . .

:confused: Um . . . what's the difference, Melissa?

come on over i'll take you out :D
*sigh* I wish . . . where's Vance with that plane when you need him?

I think it's just your eyebrows. It's because they're so perfectly formed, (typical!) Perhaps it's time to make an effort with the eyebrow pencil to make them look straighter/lower/thicker? Or to grow your hair over your eyes a bit (haha I know you told me NO! about that one b4).

There are just little subtle things that make people seem female... like a girly shaped butt (why I always wear long shirts/t shirts), or a slender neck.. or boob shape showing. You just have to work out what these things are and counteract them.
Actually, I do "paint on" eyebrows before I leave the house and I've done everything I usually do that usually works, that's why I think it must be an internal vibe that must be coming out of my pores or something 'cause none of the usual stuff is working right now. But you're right, when I've transitioned to the point where people will look at me and see a boy without hesitating, then my female vibe shouldn't matter. Although I've talked to guys who transitioned ages ago and they say every once in a while, despite facial hair, flat chest and deep voice someone will mistake them for a girl. :eek:

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Just make sure you bring him home in piece Capt :rolleyes: hehehehehe :)
Don't worry, Lisa, I'll take good care of him. ;) :devil:

Adam
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
if you find that off switch please tell he where it is so i can turn mine off aswell :heehee: thanks

Abraxas
04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I get that sometimes-- I'll pass perfectly for awhile and then suddenly, for a few days people are calling me she or getting really confused and whatnot. It's got to be hormonal I think (although I haven't noticed a pattern to it, but then I don't really keep a calendar!). Hormones of one person can affect other people... Like women living in the same house get their periods at the same time and stuff. It's probably something in the air. Springtime, everyone's hormones and pheromones are all over the place. *snert*
Irritating as hell, though. Good luck in finding the off switch.

Felix
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I feel fot ya Man :hugs: :hugs: Most times now I'm passing for those who don't know me but like ya said sometimes it just doen't work and I get lady, really don't like that! Hold on in their Lex my man cos ya a Dude as far as I'm concerned xx Felix :hugs: :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't worry, Lisa, I'll take good care of him. ;) :devil:
Thats what worries us lol

MJ
04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
you know i understand today i was called sir and him or he . mj wore a pink top , jeans and my long wig , :rolleyes: what is going on i thing i need to get over and see kieron i have not had a beer in a long time sure could use one

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
i think i need to get over and see kieron i have not had a beer in a long time sure could use one
it would be a pleasure to take you for a pint Mj......but dont ladies drink halves???

MJ
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM
it would be a pleasure to take you for a pint Mj......
but dont ladies drink halves???

er ok then i will have two halves then :D

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 03:20 PM
(Pippin voice)... It comes in pints? ..... :straightface:
I'm getting one!..... :D

Evert
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
You know what might work? Wearing shirts like this:

http://www.large-online.nl/ACfrG/productimg/5/510917a.jpg

:devil:

Kate Simmons
04-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Think positive Captain. Remember, according to quantum physics, our bodies are mostly empty spaces between the atoms, we are all really comprised of energy and the physical body is merely an illusion of the energy patterns. You may be close to the mark when you mention female vibes though. According to "string" theory, harmonic strings are really the building blocks of everything. The "string" theory calls for 10 dimensions to be viable and we only see three of them. Harnessing the strings harmonics may be the key for all of us to really control who we are. I'm working on it Hon, not there yet but working on it.:hugs:

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
You know what might work? Wearing shirts like this:

http://www.large-online.nl/ACfrG/productimg/5/510917a.jpg

:devil:
Ha, ha . . . I love that! Thanks, Evert, that cheered me up. Since I started this thread I've been called "her" and "she" again . . . AAARRRRR! :Punch:

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Since I started this thread I've been called "her" and "she" again . . . AAARRRRR! :Punch:

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! THE *******SSSS!!!

Who was it WHO WAS IT? Tell me.. I'll sort em out... :Punch:

Poor lovely Cap :( :hugs:

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! THE *******SSSS!!!

Who was it WHO WAS IT? Tell me.. I'll sort em out... :Punch:

Poor lovely Cap :( :hugs:
Awww Poccy's drawing his sword for me. :hugs: No, no, you just rest and feel better. Don't worry, I took care of 'em. :spank: :devil:

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Awwww :hugs:
I hope you were rude to them!

(haha I wouldn't usually say a thing like that... but I mean really! lol :heehee: )

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 05:20 PM
It's when your testicles turn to marshmallows that you know you got real problems!

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 05:21 PM
It's when your testicles turn to marshmallows that you know you got real problems!
bugger! someone's figured out how i pack lol

pocoyo
04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
bugger! someone's figured out how i pack lol

HAHAHA! :lol2: :roflmao:

CaptLex
04-28-2007, 12:53 PM
:eek: The mind boggles . . .

Well, I noticed my voice sounds more normal today. Well it did when I spoke to the exterminator this morning (of course, my voice always sounds better when I first get up). I guess it's an auto on/off switch. :p

Tristan
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Yay the man voice returns hehe

Taylor105
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I got ma'amed yesterday at Walmart and damned near tore this guy's head off. lol

Kieron Andrew
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I got ma'amed yesterday at Walmart and damned near tore this guy's head off. lol
hey you guys should quit worrying i keep getting still called 'girls' by vance lol and hes known me years

Taylor105
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I hear ya Kieron. My roomie "accidentally" refers t me as she/her all the time. I keep reminding him.