PDA

View Full Version : get your dog...

Wendy me
04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
i came home and put the dog on his runner ... got changed into a comfy skirt and tank top .... getting started picking up the house and planning dinner... next thing i know it a knock on the door .... and then the door opens ... in walks my nabor ... saying your dog broke his runner come get your dog he is running around out side.... then he looks at me and says you should change frist.....

we live in a small town and locking doors and cars and trucks is not something we do a lot ... a knock on the door and the it being opened followed by a hello are not uncommon around here.... this makes at lest 3 times i been busted by this same nabior .... still Friends and still hang out ...
as far as anything goes like talking abought it thats not going to happen .... lol red necks don't talk abought some things.......

Gina_darling
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Yikes! Rather embarrassing! At least it's the third time so it's not so bad, and he's ok so now i suppose it could be quite funny!

Sharon
04-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Three times by the same neighbor? It sounds to me as if he enjoys busting you.

Shelly Preston
04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you get dressed then let the dog out so he can catch you

Some people have no self control

Dixie
04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Maybe, just maybe the neighbor is letting the dog go so he can "catch" you :heehee:

KarenSusan
04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow. I can't imagine leaving my door unlocked so that anyone can walk in on me no matter what I'm doing. Maybe I'm just an unfriendly type.:happy:

Wendy me
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM

lol now thats something to think abought.....

cocopuff's girl GG
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Where do you live I'd like to move close. No locked doors and cars and trucks. Wow. That is the way it used to be here but lately things are changing for the worse. :love:

Wendy me
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
a small town in massauttess..... one flashing traffic light ...........

Michelle 51
04-27-2007, 02:51 PM

Yeah You'd think after the first time he'd knock and then wait At least he's cool about it. Justabit

Angie G
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Well at least he is cool about it:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
04-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Now that's too funny... Situation comedy material... Hehe. I can see Fred Sanford running in "Ahhh.... you should change first".

Maybe he doesn't want to discuss it further because he has his own special thingy??

Love Karren

Deidra Cowen
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
A very kewl post and sounds like the neighbor is kinda kewl with you being a Tgirl.

katia
04-27-2007, 07:14 PM
:eek: My poor old neighbours ( both of them are in their 80S ) would have a cardiac if they walked in and saw me dressed,i always lock the door from inside and leave the key in so it cant be open from the outside :confused2:

kerrianna
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Sounds like you get dressed then let the dog out so he can catch you

Some people have no self control

hehehe...small town folk and their amusements. :D :heehee: :hugs:

Kerrie Sifton
04-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Too funny, thanks for the warning, Ive a dog like that which takes off on a moments notice, it just likes to chase cars. I better make sure I've got some over clothesand runners to put on in case the neighbours drop in...cause there is no way I will catch that dog in heels :D

SandyR
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Now thats funny!

Sounds like some of the small towns I grew up in Colo...

SandyR

misty18
04-28-2007, 04:39 AM
thats embrassings, but funny

Raychel
04-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Well I guess if he just walks in like that, then he should be aware that he could be walking into anything. What if you were just getting out of the shower. Or cleaning up a pile of doggy doo, on the floor. So what if he walks right in and sees you in a skirt, It sue could have been alot worse. Maybe next time he should wait for you to come to the door.

:2c:

Samantha B L
04-28-2007, 06:32 AM
He probably just thinks your eccentric.People can be nasty in those little towns but they can also be tolerant.As far as opening your door is concerned,Wendy,I grew up in a couple of small towns and people aren't very respectful about any kind of privacy barriers.You know,locked doors,unpublished telephone numbers,Houses built back off the road with long "private" driveways.They feel like everybody in the whole county is one big family and what if we had to get ahold of you for ambulance duty or a tornadoe!?

Charleen
04-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah at least he's cool about it. I have not locked my doors in the 7 years I have lived in my house. the door keys are hanging by the back door so I know where they are.
I put my dogs out last week and one slipped her collar, came back in about 20 minutes but my psycho naybor called animal control on me! Got a warning. I'll trade naybors with you Wendy!

Sally24
04-28-2007, 08:27 AM
That's funny! The only time I do lock my door is when I'm dressing. Other than that, yeah, the cars and house are always unlocked. I don't even carry a house key! Small New Enland towns are awesome! So are large labrador retrievers!

jenniferj
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
We lost our front door key 10-12 years ago. (Also small town massachusetts). When we go away, My guyside puts a screw in a predrilled hole so that the door can't be opened - just to placate the insurance company.

Not a big concern about neighbors walking in through the front door - everyone uses the kitchen door, which does have a latch. I don't think anyone has used the front door (other than for Prom pictures) in decades.

jj

Teresa Amina
05-09-2007, 06:17 AM
everyone uses the kitchen door, which does have a latch. I don't think anyone has used the front door (other than for Prom pictures) in decades

Sounds like a small Michigan town I used to live in. At the time I delivered the mail and would occaisionally need a signiture for something and walk up to the front door to knock, only to find that there was furniture right up against it. Being from the "Big City" I never did get comfortable with the way they did things there. I always lock the doors.

Tiffy
05-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Sounds like home in the mountains of NY Wendy. But here people think that it don't get any countrier. Boy they don't know squat here. I live in the country in NC and still have to lock up. One of the things I miss about the north and that is the open and unloacked doors.

But, I am starting to think you need to set this old boy down. Because I think he likes seeing you dressed.

Tiffany

MsJanessa
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I agree with Karen---you should invite him to dress with you---could be the begining of a beautiful friendship with benefits