PDA

View Full Version : Is there a great common thread among us, aside from the obvious?

StephanieH
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
:D Okay, if something like this has been posted before, forgive me. Being the inquisitive type, I’m very curious if there’s any common threads that we share. I mean, is there any particular demographic that’s prone to having CD tendencies or girlish traits? I suppose I’m looking for common ground, other than the obvious! I composed a few points about myself and would invite others to do the same; provide any info you think might be relevant. I realize this is hardly scientific, but it might be fun and shed a little more light on who we are.

Happily married with one daughter.
Professional office guy, writer/editor (hardly suit and tie atmosphere though).
Parents divorced when I was ten or eleven, largely raised by mom.
Raised in typical middle-class household.
One older brother, no sisters.
Excelled in school, two-years secondary education (trade school).
Evangelical Christian.
Very interested in antiques, steam engines, cars, and military history.
Big time reader, have loads of books.
Don’t drink, don’t smoke, never really did.
Used to be in some local heavy metal “hair bands” back in the 1980s.
Hobbies: I play electric guitar & collect older guitars, I collect antique toy trains, antique guns, and militaria, particularly Third Reich and Civil War pieces. I was never active much with sports but like watching football. I really like well-done epic movies. I’ve always been interested in old cars, hot rods and muscle cars. I actually like shopping with my wife, except for groceries of course.

:eek: As far as my alter-ego: Realized I liked girl’s attire in the fourth grade and have always felt like I was somewhat mixed up genetically because I am drawn to things and activities typically perceived as strictly feminine. Even before the 4th grade, my mom thought it was odd that I never missed the “Josie and the Pussycats” cartoon on Saturday mornings and didn’t mind playing Barbies with my cousin! :rolleyes: I’m not attracted to men, I’m heterosexual and always have been, and am hopelessly in love with my wife. I now dress on rare occasions but wear fem undies as often as I like under drab clothes, shave my legs & such, both ears are pierced and I have long hair (hey, I play guitar). I’d like to dress a lot more, but I’m not there yet, I don’t go out in public dressed. I’m fortunate that my wife is being very supportive now and we’re learning about this aspect of my life together, and I think we’re having fun - I know I am, and she seems to be! This is an escape from reality for me. It is indeed more than just dressing, it’s a release valve mechanism for something, or someone, I’m inexplicably compelled to be. ‘Nuff said.

So what about you? Inquiring minds wanna’ know! :tongueout

Karren H
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Well I think the obvious is the primary link... That and being born male.. After that I think its a plethera of diversity.. In my opinion..

Karren

Kate Simmons
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Nope, I agree with Karren. Other than the obvious, the demographics are all over the place.:happy:

Glenda58
04-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I also agree with Karren on this one we all over the place as to how we got here. But we did get here.

Kerrie Sifton
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Are you girls serious... there is a common thread and Randi is right to ask, it happened when the fairy godmother waived her wand over us and POOF! there we were... the next event was when we learned to google this site..
hee hee
Randi , I missed Josie and the barbies, but never missed a show that had girls in short skirts....
Kerrie

Teresa Amina
04-27-2007, 06:18 PM
You'd be a good customer for my eBay sales as I'm selling off antiques, militaria, etc. But really there are no "everyone" things between cd/tg/ts/whatever people. I keep coming back here even so, just to see what new perspectives people bring to our common "thing"

katia
04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Got to be Josie and the pussy cats ,what a show :D

Karren H
04-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Are you girls serious... there is a common thread and Randi is right to ask, it happened when the fairy godmother waived her wand over us and POOF! there we were... the next event was when we learned to google this site..
hee hee
Randi , I missed Josie and the barbies, but never missed a show that had girls in short skirts....
Kerrie

I was going to add alien abduction.... but my brain keeps turning on and off......

Kar ren