PDA

View Full Version : input please

Adam
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
well how to explain this erm is it wrong for me to buy a ring and necklace and ancklet for a freind is she's female i mean shes a really good freind and i am not doing it because its a date kind of thing i want to do it to show how much i like her as a freind if that makes sence but then im worred she willl be put off likeing me if she thinks i gave her them because i fancy her or something.

they will be real silver not gold im not rich lol.

or would it be better not to incase it makes our freindship feel diffrent god im confuzed as weather its ok or not advice please

Shelly Preston
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Tell her why you are giving it to her

That should help

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
well how to explain this erm is it wrong for me to buy a ring and necklace and ancklet for a freind is she's female i mean shes a really good freind and i am not doing it because its a date kind of thing i want to do it to show how much i like her as a freind if that makes sence but then im worred she willl be put off likeing me if she thinks i gave her them because i fancy her or something.

or would it be better not to incase it makes our freindship feel diffrent god im confuzed as weather its ok or not advice please
id say to not go overboard...buy one or the other not all three, i think if you buy all three it might be a bit much, a bit overwhelming and she might get the wrong message that you are trying to convey :), also like Shelly said, let her know the reasons you are giving her a gift :) but i think it is a lovely gesture :) and i think you are very sweet for thinking of it Adam

Also i just thought...you could try and find out which of the three she would prefer :D do a bit of detective work lol

Adam
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
witch one though??

not sure of her ring size eather was gonna guess lol

Tamara Croft
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
She must be a really special friend for you to go out your way and buy her something so special. But I agree with Shelly and Kieron, you should tell her why you'd like to buy her a gift, but perhaps only one of them ;)

Go with the necklace :D

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Go with the necklace :D
what she said!! you cant get the size wrong then lol

Adam
04-27-2007, 06:02 PM
ok looks like necklace it is then :D

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
ok looks like necklace it is then :D
ok and post a pic of what you choose too lol cos us lot are really nosey

Adam
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
erm yes could do what if they are a member here :eek:

CaptLex
04-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I agree that the necklace is the best choice 'cause the other two may end up being the wrong size. And I agree that you should explain your reasons so there are no misunderstandings. You're such a sweetie, Adam! :happy:

Kieron Andrew
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
erm yes could do what if they are a member here :eek:
then post it after you give it lol

kerrianna
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree that the necklace is the best choice 'cause the other two may end up being the wrong size. And I agree that you should explain your reasons so there are no misunderstandings. You're such a sweetie, Adam! :happy:

And I agree with all of the above...especially the sweetie part. You are a good friend. :hugs:

Hmmm...an anklet...I don't have one of those....:battingeyelashes: :D :p

Question Mark
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Necklace is good, or earrings. Earrings are just impersonal enough to work too.

pocoyo
04-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Hmmm...an anklet...I don't have one of those....:battingeyelashes: :D :p

Hehehe Kerrianna is hoping they're for her :heehee:

Good luck Adam awww I hope she really likes it (and doesn't get the wrong message :eek:).

Are you suuuuure you don't like her like that? ;)

Toyah
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM

Usually a guy does not buy a gift for a woman unless he does fancy her a lot. For me I think you should ask her what she would think first unless she has seen something with you and said she liked it

Adam
04-28-2007, 08:35 AM
ok came to my sences i wont be getting her anything because i cant take the risk she will take it wrong maybe i will at a later time but not for a while.

CaptLex
04-28-2007, 09:42 AM
ok came to my sences i wont be getting her anything because i cant take the risk she will take it wrong maybe i will at a later time but not for a while.
Awww, Adam . . . :sad:

Dasein9
04-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Flowers? Or a nice plant? That's less boyfriend-y, and more friend-ish.

Kieron Andrew
04-28-2007, 12:13 PM
i got it!!!!....either the necklace or bracelet AND a friendship card to take the heat off!!!

*we've not given up yet Adam lol*

CaptLex
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
i got it!!!!....either the necklace or bracelet AND a friendship card to take the heat off!!!

*we've not given up yet Adam lol*
Yes, good idea - a card that says something to the effect of "thanks for being a good friend" might work. :thumbsup:

Adam
04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
hmm there's a idea :D only got till moday to get it though and its already to late to go into town today :eek: but i am loveing the freindship card idea

Kieron Andrew
04-28-2007, 12:21 PM
hmm there's a idea :D only got till moday to get it though and its already to late to go into town today :eek: but i am loveing the freindship card idea
shops are open tomorrow????

Adam
04-28-2007, 01:15 PM
yes but im doing a mini car show tomorrow all day lol but i will try to find shops on the way home :D

i will deffoo get the card thats a given and something speacil thinking maybe something that says freind on it :D

Felix
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree that if a guy fancies a girl he may buy one of those items especially if they are getting on well. I think a friendship card is a good idea and see what she thinks about boys buyin stuff for girls who are just their friends once ya know ya will know what will be safe to buy. Good luck Hun xx Felix :hugs: