PDA

View Full Version : Best foot forward

megan163
04-28-2007, 01:17 AM
I was at a thrift yesterday wearing hose under my slacks and I just couldn't resist slipping off the loafers and trying on a pair of patent stilettos there. Just as I was trying them on an attractive young GG walks right behind me. To my surprise she was not fazed at all. No disapproving look or comments. It didn't stop me from being a bit embarrassed but I was like, wow, maybe we are making progress. Anyone else ever been caught trying femme attire while in drab and what happened?

AllieSF
04-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I try clothes on all the time in thrift stores. Goodwill is my favorite because they take the time to organize by colors, knits/sweaters, blouses,skirts, etc. They normally only have one or two changing booths. I search around looking for skirts (my favorites) and tops. Then I wait for an opportune time to enter the changing booth. I do my thing, come out, hang up on the rack next to the booth what I don't want and proceed to the counter to pay. I do avoid any eye contact, except for the SA when paying, and that seems to help a lot. I also try on shoes when and if I find anything interesting. I have gotten some curious looks, but I ignore them and just smile at my good finds. Sometimes if there is a line at the changing booth, I get a little nervous, but that too passes. :D I have tried on shoes at Kohl's, Sears, Payless Shoes and Penny's. Sometimes with over the calf stockings on and sometimes barefooted. I get looks there too, but .... So what. I don't normally shop too close to home. In all this no one has ever made a comment. If there is a person checking the number of items I have when going into a changing room, I may tell them that I lost a bet and have to dress as a women for a party, and I want to do it up perfectly. It seems to work. Now if I could get the same courage to go out for dinner and drinks!!

Joy Carter
04-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I was at a Salvation Army in Royal Oak Mi. I'm in the changing room and had taken of my pants to try on a skirt. When this GG just opened the door, with me standing there in my hose and panties :eek: . She excused her self and closed the door. LoL

The same trip while me and my friend looked through the racks. There were two guys and a girl, who kept laughing out loud for quite along while. I know it was for our benefit. After a while it sounded really forced and they left. See, you just ignore them and they will get bored and go away.

katia
04-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I was in a couple of stores on wednesday asda/walmart and t k max (in drab)looking through the racks of womens clothes and every now and again i could feel people looking but i thought what the hell.
Several GGs stood next to me looking at clothes as well but it wasn't them it was the older men out shopping with their wifes.
The best bit but was when a GG asked me to get her a size 16 top down when she couldn't reach it,the worst bit was in walmart when at the checkout the sa asked me if i was sure the nail varnish i bought was the right colour :rolleyes:
I havent tried any clothes yet when in drab but i will as soon as i pluck up courage:D
Katia
-x-

Jennifer_G_2
04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
I shop at a local thrift as well, and get some wierd looks sometimes, and do try on shoes there and at walmart (I know, I'm cheap). I think people for the most part don't care (even when caught), and for the other part I don't care for them lol.

Jen

rachel_rachel
04-28-2007, 04:26 AM
A few times i've been shopping at Kmart in the underwear section, once a mother and her daughter came up to me and asked for a man's opinon on some sexy things she was buying. Another time i was checking the sizes of pantyhose and a young lady came up to me and said that i looked lost and did i need help.

I think form memory i had some type of women's underwear in my hands too.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I have been "caught" shopping en-femme so many times I've lost count. I have been to many malls and many department stores and have never really had any problems, Knock on wood! I always try on the clothes that I want to purchase but my absolute favorite thing is shoe shopping. I have at least 50 pairs and only bought two of them on line, just prefer to try them on and walk a little in them to see how they feel and look. I like it best when there are sales like buy one get one free, when we come across those sales my wife and I both can get what we want. It's funny when we buy matching shoes and the sales girls wonder whats going on here,Ha Ha!

Stephenie S
04-28-2007, 12:09 PM
As long as you continue to believe that you are doing something WRONG, you will continue to use words like "caught". In reality you have every right to shop and spend money where ever you want. What so many of you are discovering is that when you are "caught", no one cares. Can you understand that it's OK to shop? It's OK to spend your money where ever you want. No one cares! Shopping is really a guilt free activity. Please just relax and have fun. Shopping can be such fun!

Will you get the occassional "look"? Yup. But you would get the "look" if you were wearing a cowboy costume, or a clown suit. It has nothing to do with doing something that you need to be ashamed of. There is NO SHAME or GUILT involved in shopping for what ever you want.

Now go out there and SHOP! But hold on to your wallet.

Lovies,
Auntie Steph

Karren H
04-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Define caught... lol I try on fem things all the time... and it doesn't matter who is around... Well not to me at least!!

Karren

Jodi
04-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I was trying on shoes in drab a couple of weeks ago in the BCBG store where I shop a lot. I had hose on under my jeans. I ws sitting on the bench slipping into a pair of heeled open toed pumps when a youngish gg came over sat down beside me and asked-"are those comfortable?" I said just a minute and I'll let you know. I stood up and walked for about 10 steps, came back, sat down and said "yes". Another gg was observing and said "you really wear heels well". I thanked her and tried on another couple of pairs.

Was I "caught"? No. Was I observed? Yes. I had a pleasant conversation with the two gg's.

I was relaxed the entire time. No big deal.

Jodi

suchacutie
04-28-2007, 11:30 PM
I've had the full range while in drab. In a store just north of Chicago a SA saw me looking at some shoes and came up to tell me there were disposable peds I could use when I was ready to try them on (that was when it hit me this section of the store wasn't for GGs). In Payless I try on shoes whenever I'm interested. Sometimes there are women in the aisle and they seem to just ignor me (some do look once and then disappear :) ), but I've also had Payless SAs ask if the shoes were for me and then wanted to help me buy more! Never a negative comment yet!

tina

DonnaT
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Caught? No. I've tried on shoes and boots in DSW right beside other ladies trying on. No one seemed to care at all.

I've got large calves and have to try boots on before buying, as most won't fit over my legs.

Mitch23
04-29-2007, 10:45 AM
bought some girlie gear today in tescos en drab and found to my horror :-> that i knew the checkout lady! Prolly would have been less embarressed if en femme (she wouldn't have recognised me!

mitch

Ashley_25
04-29-2007, 11:36 PM
I always shop in guy mode other then panties and either pantyhose or garter and stockings. I have be "caught" many times but no one has ever said anything to me about. I just ignore the look and carry on.

I do remember one time I was shopping with my g/f and we decided to look at evening gowns and what not. Well we go to the section of the store and we are looking and I wanted to try a few on. I take a few off the rack and walk to the dressing room with my g/f and we tell the woman that I am ready. She throws this oh my god look at me. She did show me to the dressing room and she told my that my g/f that she could wait in the hallway of the dressing room so I didn't have to go out in the store to show her. My g/f being as awesome as she is tells the woman hes not embarassed to which I agree. I know it was because she wasn't comfortable with it. Well I never really had any attention on going on to the sales floor with the dress on until she made her comment. So after I put on each dress I made sure I would walk out in front of the woman and spin for my g/f. I could tell she was uncomfortable with it, but I am young and can be a pain in the ass so we had to do it. I didn't buy anything but the reaction from the woman was priceless.

That is just one of very few negative experiences I have had and at that its not really a negative experience.

susie evans
04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
being caught is only if you do something bad when i'am out shopping i like to try before i buy have not had a bad experiance yet :heehee:

susie

Sheri 4242
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
:D Yep, I like the comment that there's a difference if you look at it as being "caught" v. being "observed."

I've tried on clothes in many places, and, yes, I'll admit that sometimes I used to "sandwhich" a skirt between two pieces of male clothing -- at least in the past. More confident now -- or maybe care less, but hey, if I'm going to spend the bucks, the clothes are going o fit, and I do NOT like having to make exchanges.

Two interesting stories come to mind, though. The first was when I was in a large Old Navy a number of years ago. I had a skirt sandwhiched between male pants. This Old Navy had a dressing room checker, and she didn't want to let me go back with the skirt -- said I should leave it with her. This was one of the first "bold" moves I really made in a store, b/c I told her the skirt was going with me, period, and she could presume whatever she wanted. I told her if there was a discriminatory problem, to please summon the manager. She thought about it a minute, then handed me a door hanger with the number of clothes I was taking back, skirt included, and that was that!

The "cutest" event that ever happened was when my wife and I were driving from Vermont back to Georgia. We stopped at some mall (I think it was in W. Va. or Va.) and I fell in love with a pair of shoes at a store (it was either a Macy's or a similar type store). Anyway, my wife slipped on one shoe (we almost wear the same size), but wasn't certain if it would fit me. About then a SA came up and aked if she could help. Without missing a beat, my wife asked her if it would be okay if I tried these shoes on b/c I had the same size foot as one of our daughters (which is true). The SA said that would be absolutely a-ok -- then she added that she had her bf try on women's shoes all the time b/c he had the same size foot as her sister and that she was always on the lookout for bargains for the sister. Right - *wink* *wink* !

Another time I was in a Gap (about a year ago when we had made a quick trip to Atlanta) and had picked out a great looking skirt. I had just started looking for a top to go with it, when this SA came up to me and said I had good taste -- that it was a pretty skirt -- she had bought the same one, blah. blah, blah -- AND could she help me pick out a few tops for my wife. I don't know what came over me, but I looked her straight in the eye and said, "what makes you think these are for my wife -- what if I told you they were for me?!!!" With that, the SA said, "well, if that's the case, we'd better make sure everything fits properly before you buy them." She was a great help -- very open-minded - and, if she worked on commssion, she definitely upped her paycheck b/c I bought a lot b/c of her attitude!!!

Shelly R
04-30-2007, 05:01 PM
As long as you continue to believe that you are doing something WRONG, you will continue to use words like "caught". In reality you have every right to shop and spend money where ever you want. What so many of you are discovering is that when you are "caught", no one cares. Can you understand that it's OK to shop? It's OK to spend your money where ever you want. No one cares! Shopping is really a guilt free activity. Please just relax and have fun. Shopping can be such fun!

Will you get the occassional "look"? Yup. But you would get the "look" if you were wearing a cowboy costume, or a clown suit. It has nothing to do with doing something that you need to be ashamed of. There is NO SHAME or GUILT involved in shopping for what ever you want.

Now go out there and SHOP! But hold on to your wallet.

Lovies,
Auntie Steph

Steph, again totally right!

Thought: Were you "really caught"? Maybe not, just there first! :heehee:

Tomorrow I'm going to Targe' (Target) their ad has some beautiful summer wedges, I have to go look, and spend!