PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!! Deidra the fashion consultant.

Deidra Cowen
04-28-2007, 07:33 AM
My 17 year old daughter knows about my being a part time Tgirl and is pretty kewl with it. She looks at my web page and I like to show her my pics and stuff.

Anyway, she had been invited to attend one of her friends first communion this weekend. Needed a dress for that! So we went to Kolhs a kinda discount department (notch above Target and a bit below like Macys) store yesterday. I was in boy mode of course, do not dress in front of da kids.

We went thru the ladies section, I saw one of those kewl little white dresses (pencil dress? anyway midlenght just past her knees, strap tops)..said "thats what ya need." And even though that being the first thing I pointed out she said "yeap!" and we got it. I was so proud she trusted my fashion sense!

In the shoe department I was brought back down to earth. I recommended a cute little high wedges that were white. She did not agree and two GGs that were in the department entered the debate and ending up convincing her to get a little pair of red pumps. The GGs I am sure thought I was a helpless guy not knowing what to do with a daughter needing an outfit.

We went then to get some cheapo costume jewerly. She had a bit of a busy necklass that had a lot of red to match shoes. I pointed to another necklass that was a bit more understated but still had a red theme. I said get this one its less 'busy.' She agreed so I made up ground on the shoe fiasco. :tongueout

Was fun and we only spent like 49 bucks for all that stuff for her. :thumbsup:

Kerrie Sifton
04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Deidre good choices, she did listen to some of your advice. Please sign me up for your next on line class. I could uses some fashion sense. Kerrie

Sally24
04-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Congrats Deidra! You're in the lucky minority that have kids that talk to you and listen. Learning more each day about mixing and matching colors and styles. It's fun, but takes years to get a good handle on all of it!

Sounds like you two had a great time shopping. Did you resist the temptation to shop for yourself too?

Deidra Cowen
04-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Sally yeap I resisted the temptation...but just about every time I am out at the mall or store and I can't get stuff for myself...I see some super kewl thing that would work for me.

By the time I can go back to the store a day or two later in femme mode its usually gone!!!

But its all fun!

Joy Carter
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I need a class in fashion sense. Where do I sign up ?:D

Shelly Preston
04-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Deidra the fashion consultant

And Personal shopper what more can a girl want :D

great to hear you daughter trusts enough to take you along and believe what you say

It must have made you so very proud of her :hugs:

melissaabom
04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Hello

It's :2c: so cool to help your daughter ..in boy mode ..but girl Style !

Melissa

DAVIDA
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi Deidra,
Dear, you can help me pick out my clothes any day!
Davida

Karren H
04-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Soo cool!!! I love Kohl's....... Being a cheapy myself!! Lol. And that's neat that your daughter listens to you... Neither of mine do!!

Karren

Nyana
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
That one of my favorite sport...take a girl, my GF, a friend..any girl..and buy stuff for her!!

All my GG friend says that im very good at that!

Well in fact i love shopping either for my boy or girl mode..

And right now i even have the probleme that i prefer for my girl mdoe...and my guy cloth start to be...old :P

Toyah
04-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I have always said we are sisters we have taste hunny :thumbsup:

Angie G
04-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Deidra it must be great having that kind of thing with your daughter you've got to love it :hugs:
Angie

RachelDenise
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
So, Deidra....quality time with your daughter and shopping for femme things!!! Nicely done. You're my new role model. :love:

sexysarah20
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
nice to here that your daughter is so supportive

Brianna Lovely
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Does this mean that we're going to see you as a guest on "What Not To Wear"? Giggle.

cindybarnes
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Deidra,
Thats sooo cool !!
I guess sometimes Father does know best,,, especialy if he wears a dress once in a while :)
Cindy

Priscilla Ann
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Deidra, I think it is great that you have such a good relationship with your daughter. I think getting a son or a daughter to agree with their parents on anything is a major accomplishment.

Kristen Kelly
04-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Sally yeap I resisted the temptation...but just about every time I am out at the mall or store and I can't get stuff for myself...I see some super kewl thing that would work for me.

By the time I can go back to the store a day or two later in femme mode its usually gone!!!

But its all fun!

My gf trusts my fashion sense because I'am up on all the latest fashions. Before I told my GF about Kristen we would go shopping and I would see things I wanted to buy, and go back next day lost alot of things I saw on the clearance rack due to that.
I shop in fem mode, and in drab I have taken a dress under a pair of pants into men's fitting room and tried it on, when on clearance and can't take the chance it does not fit works for me.

Rachel Morley
04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Deidra,

Yeah, I know, where am I on 360? ..... I'm having a rest at the moment :heehee:

Hey girl, sounds like you had a fun time with your daughter and if she's seen your pics she knows that you know a thing or two about how to look cool in a dress and heels! :D Glad she took your advice about the dress. There you go see, t-girls can have an unusual "skill set" that in your case makes for an awesome parent! :D

Hugs
Rachel

Laurie909
04-30-2007, 02:31 AM
It's still hard for a woman (any age) to take fashion advice from a man...so kudos to you! :happy: