PDA

View Full Version : Mail order lost!

Dana921
04-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Wanted to share my experience with mail order this past week!

I receive a lot of packages via mail order and never have had a problem. We live in a somewhat rural setting in a single family home. My SO does not know about my dressing so I use the tracker to make sure when certain packages arrive and come home early to make sure I get them before she does.

So I am anticipating a delivery of my very first corset and a couple of gaffs, did the 2 day air thing so I could have it for my first public outing today (I will let you know how that goes). I am really excited and came home early to get my package and it is not there! Wait, they always leave it behind the plant on the front porch, nope, not there! Hmm! Well lets look a the tracking onfo and see where it is! Delivered! Oh, oh, Check around the house again! Nope not here! OMG, OMG, check the neighbors front porch, nope not there, oh boy we have a missing package with very personal things in it! Call the store where I bought it from! They are now tracking it and putting the word out Questions from UPS claims: So say that again sir, What was in the package? Nope do not want to go down that road, maybe I will just write off the cost! Talk to the neighbors and see if they have seen the package. Nope! Oh boy someone is going to inadvertantly open it before realising it is not addressed to them! Many embarressing thoughts going through my mind while trying to explain to others why I need a corset and gaff! Night is falling and I am waiting for my package to show up with my SO there and asking normal questions like what did you get? Or my SO saying here is your corset honey and this better be a goooood explaination! No package shows up!
Next morning, I got a call from one of my neighbors (almost did not answer it because this neighbor always calls my SO and not me) saying the package I am looking for is on her front porch now (was not there the previous afternoon). OMG, rush over, whoops, wait get out of skirt and top, take off jewelry then go! Is it opened? Oh good it is not open and is now safely in my possesion. Don't know its travels yet to get to the porch but it was one very nervous time for me!

Dana

Sally24
04-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Whew, that's stress you don't need on a weekend. Have a great outing and take lots of pictures. Good luck!

Shelly Preston
04-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Well it certainly gave your heart some excercise

But you wont want to do it again :eek:

DAVIDA
04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Been there before. Not the part about rushing home, the part about a delivery getting lost. UPS said they delivered, not to me! I called the merchant and they said that it was the last one. The package was sent back and I missed out!:Angry3:

Teresa Amina
04-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Once upon a time I was a substitute mail carrier. There you are, probably running late, stressed out, and the addressing is unclear along the rural route. Yes, a couple of times I got dyslexic and delivered to the wrong house. Ooops! Most people will take it next door but beware the feuding neighbors- they may want to see what VS has sent you :D

Phyliss
04-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Yet another good reason for having a "Private Mail Box" at a postal center.

I can understand the "missing package" thing quite well. Mine wasn't "missing" it got delivered correctly to my shop, only problem was, wife just happened to be there at THAT exact moment. Thankfully the return label was small and of course you just know I got the "question" "What's in the box honey?"
"Oh, just some supplies I ordered."
"Aren't you going to open it?"
"Nah, it's just for stock, I'll file it later. Tell you what, let's go to lunch."

I understand well, the "cold sweat" running down your back.