PDA

View Full Version : Told Another GG Friend

kimberly_f37
04-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Girls

I told my GG friend last night when she seen the program on TV about Gender Kids and how young they become Transgender.. She started to say that the parents are the one that made there kids that way and must be Abuse from the parents and started to talk bad about it..
I swung my comp chair around and told her I was Gender too and explain to her that I started dressing at a early age and how my Cd was always part of my life except for about 10 yrs when I turned to Drugs to escape the problem of CD and the parties change my life BIG Time for the worst, Jail jail and lots of records..
My wife told her that she knew and when she found out and didn't mind it and she still loves me for ME and my Wife gave her the run down on who knows and who don't ( Not many Left To tell and a few I am not for sure)
my wife has also been the one to tell others about me and they seem to be fine with it.
My Friend asked why did I say some thing like that to her and is it a JOKE !
I Said No Joke ! She wanted to know why I told her and not kept it a secret and said that u started to talk bad about parents and it was time to TEELLLLL!
So now that she knows that I am a CD and knows that I been taking Hormones and now wondering how she taking it ? !
Should I go by her house or call and talk with her more or wait til she comes to me and ask more question?

I figure Life was to short to hide any longer and coming out is better for mental Brian lol I am as NORMAL as I can Bee !!

Have A great Day Girls !! :hugs:

Kim

Shelly Preston
04-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I hope her freindship with you will make her realise how wrong her comments were

Maybe she will have more questions for you once she has gotten over the shock :)

jennie06
04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Sometimes people speak without putting any thought into a subject. I would think that if she has been a friend for any length of time that she will come to understand and still love you for who are. If not then you have to ask yourself if she was a true friend. Above all else you still have your wife who loves you and accepts you. Just give your friend time to come to grips with what you told her. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Your sister
Jennie

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-28-2007, 12:04 PM
I agree with your decision to tell this friend. Unfortunately people talk about things like this without really knowing what they are saying, they base there statements on stereotypes. I have a very good Male friend that does not know about me and he is extremely "homophobic" but I can't get into this with him because he has a lot of negativity towards gays. His brother died 6 months ago of Aids and the family is so very against the idea of anything remotely differant than the "straight and normal" that it would be a big mistake to try and sway his opinion. I try in little ways to get him to be more tolerant, but it is not easy. We all have to fight the battles that we think we can win, we will get there a little by little. Hopefully your friend will remain a true friend and accept who you are, good luck!

kimberly_f37
05-05-2007, 10:11 AM
She came back over to Pay her loan and we didn't get a chance to talk about my CD at all ! We had kids so I didn't talk.!

I do plan on going over to her house in the next few days though to help her on her daughter computer.

Now that I have told her should I show her the true me ?
or
Go over in male mode ??

Have A Great Day :hugs:

Kim

Shelly Preston
05-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Kimberly

Go in male mode if she wants to see she will ask

There is no reason to force the issue

sandra-leigh
05-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Kimberly

Go in male mode if she wants to see she will ask

There is no reason to force the issue

"Me too!" Oh, wait, this isn't AOL. Make that, :iagree:

Robin Leigh
05-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Maybe take over some photos, or pics on a USB?

Good luck,

:hugs:

Robin

Kerrie Sifton
05-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Kimberly , I would recommend asking if whe wants to talk about it first. You could also say it would be important to you to help clear the air. After all you should still be friends.
And if she does, then ask if she wants to see some pictures.
Good luck.

Angie G
05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Let her know you want to keep her as a friend and ask if she would like to talk about this She maynot at this time so don't push it :hugs:
Angie

dl_pink_pink
05-06-2007, 12:10 PM
If people will not accept you, they are not your friends to begin with.

I only associate with open-minded people, someone who is close-minded and ignorant is not someone I care to spent any time with. I do not need that bad energy

Sarah Rabbit
05-06-2007, 12:38 PM
I would wait a few days. Act normal, let her think about it for a while, then perhaps at an oppportune moment, talk to her.

DO NOT go over there 'enfemme' especially with her daughter present. It may create an unwanted outcome.

Sarah R. :bunny:

monkey88
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Mention it to her, and see if she wants to talk about it. If she does you can find out how she feels about you now, and maybe help her come to terms with it.

Also, as she has a comp, after speaking to her about this, maybe direct her to some helpful websites that dispel some of the myths about us (gays, child molesters, weirdos, etc).