PDA

View Full Version : made a new friend

Krystal Lee
04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
I love to shop in second hand and thrift stores and am recognised as a regular in most of them and am friendly with most of the workers.

In one of my regular haunts I had stopped in and bought a blouse and a slip I really liked. After paying for my purchase the lady working the counter said leave your bag here and follow me.

She walked toward the back room and sorting area and gestured for me to follow her into the area. When we got in there she pointed to three big boxes of pretty lingerie and said "we don't have room to put everything out but I thought you might like to look through these."

I know I buy frilly things all the time but did not expect this kind of accepting treatment.

Spent quite awhile rooting through and found a couple of very nice things. While I was digging and looking she came over to me and laid out two garter belt sets and told me she had set them aside for me. She said when they had come in she thought of me.

When I found everything I wanted and went to pay she told me to come in tomorrow (saturday) and just visit so I said I would and left. I drove home in a mental fog being thrilled with what had just happened.

I went in yesterday morning and we talked for quite some time. She told me I reminded her of her brother and told me why. I explained that even though I like to dress I am straight and that supprised her. I guess that is the first conclision most people jump to, that we must be gay.

Anyway I have made a new friend that is not bothered by my choice of clothing!

What a wonderfull day I had. Hope you all can have similar experances in finding accepting friends.

Hugs Krystal.

DonnaT
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Very cool Krystal.

Kerrie Sifton
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Surplus lingerie... what a find! Think I will whip down to wyoming for a quick lingerie shop. What fun. You are fortunate Krystal to have found a pal who is even willing to set clothes asisde for you. Have fun.

Angie G
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Krystal it great making new friends you a lucky girl :hugs:
Angie

BLACK STOCKINGS
04-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I too frequent 2nd hand stores. I find lots of great stuff. One of the places I go to is really great. One lady that works their always puts things aside for me if she thinks i would like it. She came right out and asked me who I was buing the colthing for, and I told her me. She then continued to talk with me and ask all kinds of questions....one was if i was gay. I explained to her that just because I like to dress in womens colthes does no mean i am gay. We went on for almost 30 mins. I have shown her several pictures of me dressed and she could not bealve how I looked.

She asked me to come to the store dressed up, so I did, she was amazed and really did not recordnise me all dressed up.

I fnd that women are more willing to acept crossdressers then men are.

jennie06
04-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Thats a really great post. I hope you and her can continue that friendship. Have a great and wonderful day.

Jennie

Avsblues19
04-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I am soo happy for you Krystal.

paulaN
04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
krystal that's great. Is she single?

Billijo49504
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I too am a fan of Good Will Stores. They are my favorite places to shop. Because the stuff from the expensive neighborhoods, is spread around to all the stores....BJ

Krystal Lee
04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
krystal that's great. Is she single?

Unfortunately no. But I hold out hope to find an understanding lady that is single someday.

Hugs Krystal.

uknowhoo
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
That's just wonderful to hear Krystal! I'm so happy for you and your new friendship! Thanx for posting. ;) xoxo Tammi

Ashley_25
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
I have made a few friends over the years at certian stores I shop in. I don't shop at thrift stores although it sounds like I should start!! It is nice to walk into a store in guy mode and the people there know you and are comfortable talking to you. There is one lingerie store I shop at way to much. They have everything from lingerie, to clothes, to costumes, to shoes I love it and the owner knows me and will order things for me without asking I will stop in and she will be like I saw this in the catologe and thought you would like it. It is like having a personal shopper it is great!!!

Shelly R
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm glad you found a new friend, that's wonderful! :clap:
I shop at the thrift stores too, most of the time the clothes are new, and cheap, but I still love the dept. stores.
I have made many friends there as well, 3 really good close friends, an exwife, and an extended family. It was funny when two of the ladies finally asked me who I was buying the clothes for, I told them, me. We have been friends ever since, we still go out from time to time.