PDA

View Full Version : I want to be pretty.

Kate Simmons
04-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Well, I was thinking the other day about how all of this started with me and I came to the realization that even though I was genetically a boy, I always really felt like a girl and proceeded under that assumption. I dressed like a boy for the most part growing up but felt I was really a girl who was a tomboy. If that is true, why did I start wearing girl's clothes though?
I more or less started in ernest when I started reaching puberty but why did I start since I was a rough and tumble tomboy? It seems I began noticing the neighborhood girls discovering their budding feminity and my former tomboy cronies were changing and beginning to dress prettier and wanting the attention of boys. This flabbergasted me but then I reasoned this must be the way things are, so decided to try it myself in secret. Whenever my Mom wasn't home, I got into her lingerie and dresses and even her makeup. I was amazed about how nice I looked and sucked in all the positive feedback from the mirror.I was pretty. After all, mirrors don't lie, do they?
I wanted so much to go on dates like the other girls but didn't have the guts to reveal myself. The other problem is that I was the only guy who was the sounding board for my gal pals when they talked about their dates and feelings and their confidant. I couldn't let them down in that respect so I didn't dare reveal my feelings or they would not trust me.Tough spot so I secretly CD'd and suffered in silence.
Anyway, that's pretty much how it started for me with dressing nice even though I always considered myself a girl in principle at least. I knew this was true but finally admitted it to myself only recently. Six years ago, when I came out openly to family and friends, I finally got to become the girl I wanted to be. That's how the dressing started for me, what about you?:happy:

Mitch23
04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
always been 2 of me. times in my life when mitch wasn't an issue and other times when she's very real. love to look pretty - not into rough boy things, tried mums things on when i was 5 or 6 loved the smell of them and the security that i felt when she was around. hid mitch from myself for many years and was miserable - even grew a beard as a cover for 10 years. but shes always been there and is part of me and i love her!

mitch

Keoki
04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
For me, I had been told by a lot of my friends that I had a very girly body, I carried myself/acted very fem. They could not figure out if i was a closet gay or not. Hahaha.
So one Halloween night, (what better night to try out public cross dressing for the first time?) I decided to be Kitty, so I put together a cat costume, with the help of a friend and went out trick-or-treeing, on that night i got called pretty little girl, and adorable so many times it made me feel great. After that I started dressing more and more fem, eventually cross dressing. I eventually told my mom how i felt about my gender and cross dressing, and she responded "Well if you want to be a woman, you better start picking up after yourself" :rolleyes: eheh shes been supportive of me along with all my friends.
Now I seem to shift between dressing very Fem, and full out cross dressing. But I was never into the "everyday woman" style of dress, my outfits are usually centered around Visual Kei/Gothic Lolita/and Fantasy Cosplay type stuff.. I would one day love to be a model/fashion designer of some sort! heehee
So Yah since as far as I can remember I've always felt that I was more on the female side than male, but that could be because I was raised in a house full of woman, and never had a male father figure in my life.

Melissa A.
04-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I can remember wanting to know what it was like to be a girl at the age of 4. I don't think I'm a ts, cause I don't hate the guy, or his eqipment, among other reasons. But there's definitely a strong part of me that is female. I think the x's and y's got a litle mixed up somewhere. I'm certainly no scientist, but I think THAT is where it started!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Stormgirl
04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
by default you are pretty :love:

Kate Simmons
04-29-2007, 03:12 PM
by default you are pretty :love:Why thank you Jenny. By default, I am blushing.:blushing: Love you to bits, Hon.:hugs:

Rachel Morley
04-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm similar in that when I was a little boy (8 years old) I wanted to be, not like the boys in my class, but like the girls, and I especially wanted to "be pretty". Although I also knew I wasn't supposed to want wear girls clothes and be pretty because I was a boy, however I couldn't help thinking about it all the time and all my friends at school when I was this age were girls.

Then in my late teens I kinda tried to rebel a little and I tried to fit in and be "one of the guys" and I told myself wanting to wear girly clothes was for wimps and I shouldn't be thinking thoughts like that.... I was a guy and that's all there was to it!

Then when I got older (early 30's) I started thinking about wanting to "feel pretty" once more, except it wasn't until my late 30's that I started to "play at being a girl" but I would often have phases of guilt and self loathing about wanting to be girlish both in what I liked to wear and how I liked to behave.

Then I met my wife Marla GG and everything changed. Today, I'm encouraged to do whatever is necessary to make me "feel pretty" because we both agree that it's not good for me to spend too much time out of girl's clothes as I tend to get feelings of tension because expressing my femininity makes me feel relaxed, happy, and fulfilled, while suppressing it causes stress, anxiety, and irritability. "Feeling pretty" or "feeling feminine" (as opposed to "looking pretty") is very important to me. ... which is good because often what I'm feeling inside doesn't always match what I see in the mirror :sad:

Lisa Golightly
04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Oddly enough I kicked and screamed all the way to adopting a female wardrobe...

As a tot, apparently, I'd scream at anything that was my sister's... At infant's school I refused to wear tights in the nativity play and ended up wearing socks... At the age of seven wearing a kilt as a paige boy was totally traumatic...

Then puberty hit... and I changed... and became more female physically... and suddenly it was easier to be female than male...

I still wonder about my absolute loathing of female clothing at such a young age... It almost feels now that I was fighting her tooth and nail till hormones made the fight completely vacuous.

Brianna Lovely
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
"Feeling pretty" or "feeling feminine" (as opposed to "looking pretty") is very important to me. ... which is good because often what I'm feeling inside doesn't always match what I see in the mirror :sad:

Rachel-I think you're very pretty. Inside and outside.

Salandra-True beauty comes from inside, our Spirit, if you will.

I think we strive to look pretty, but the realy important thing is to be ourselves. Beautiful people, full of Love and Light.