PDA

View Full Version : Do you like what you see?

Laurie909
04-30-2007, 02:41 AM
One thing about me.......it's not so much the way I feel as what I see. I mean if I look in the mirror (or look at a photo) and see myself as a woman, I think "that's right." To me the visuals are very important. Maybe that's why I don't get that much kick out of just wearing some garments of female attire. Seeing me in the "whole package" is much more satisfying. Also, this plays against the notion that I feel like a woman all the time....I don't. It's just that it's good to see me looking like a woman.

Anyone else feel this way?

Mitch23
04-30-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes - its got to be 'right' and you know when it is and when it isn't. when i'm a girl, I'm all girl, i want to look and feel and taste and smell and BE a girl - anything less doesn't satisfy me,

Mitch

Joy Carter
04-30-2007, 04:01 AM
I'm with you girl friend. I don't look at all like a girl. But I do dress and accessorise as authentically as I can afford. The one good thing is I only have to look at me once in the mirror, to make sure every thing is in place. You unlucky types have to look at me from then on. God I do pity the public.:heehee:

Kate Simmons
04-30-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm with you girl friend. I don't look at all like a girl. But I do dress and accessorise as authentically as I can afford. The one good thing is I only have to look at me once in the mirror, to make sure every thing is in place. You unlucky types have to look at me from then on. God I do pity the public.:heehee:Oh, I don't know about that Joy. I think you look pretty good myself.:hugs:

Sally24
04-30-2007, 05:15 AM
I quite agree. Our male brains tend to be very visual so you really do need that feedback. I have just tons of mirrors in Sally's room and take alot of photos to feed this need. Once I get that visual input then the feeling and movements come so much easier!

erickka
04-30-2007, 07:26 AM
I too need the whole package. I do not look fully female, either, but I am blessed by being short(5'7" stocking feet) and about 158 lbs. With a little hip and butt padding and a little help on the chest, I have been told by many that I look GG from the back and side. I don't care, because I feel great when I am ALL Erickka. I see that a lot of other girls feel the same as I do. All I can say is "this is me" take it or leave it.

Mary Jane
04-30-2007, 07:35 AM
I feel the same way. It is what I see in the mirror and pictures that helps satisfy my dressing needs. It is all about the "LOOK" of being a woman. If I were not able to see how I looked I might not be dressing.

Eva Diva
04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I feel the same way. It is what I see in the mirror and pictures that helps satisfy my dressing needs. It is all about the "LOOK" of being a woman. If I were not able to see how I looked I might not be dressing.

Couldn't have said it better. It's all or nothing for me, and I need to see the results. I don't really care about wearing panties under my jeans during the day - I want to look like a professional female impersonator at night.

Donna Marie
04-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I guess I'm just lazy, but sometimes just wearing a pair of women's shoes does it for me. This morning I felt "the need" so I did put on the wig, earrings, bra & forms, skirt, nice top, and heels to do some house work. I always like to be femme when it's laundry day!! BUT - no make-up - just couldn't be bothered with it today. So my face would probably stop a clock, but I still feel feminine anyway. But, yeah, I do like the look when I am in full warpaint. I particularly like my eyes when they are made up.

Dixie
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
If I didn't like what I saw, then I wouldn't do it. Is itwrong to get dolled up and be turned on by your own reflection????:heehee:

Angie G
04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes most of the time :hugs:
Angie

Gina_darling
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I really hate my photo being taken when I'm in guy mode. I think I am unattractive and look totatlly wrong. It reminds me that everyone around sees me as some sort of imposter and not the person I am on the inside. Now when in fem mode I like having my picture taken because I am finally the person I really ought to be and even if I say so myself I make a far more attractive woman than man. I have been hit on as a woman by men but I have never had any girl ever say I was attractive when a man. Perhaps that's part of the reason I am the way I am!

Sheri 4242
04-30-2007, 10:50 AM
" . . . it's not so much the way I feel as what I see . . . (t)o me the visuals are very important. Maybe that's why I don't get that much kick out of just wearing some garments of female attire."

Laurie,

I understand where you're coming from, but that's not me. Obviously, in the answers you have been receiving there are many who feel as you do. The "visual" is very important. Like Mary Jane said:

"It is what I see in the mirror and pictures that helps satisfy my dressing needs. It is all about the "LOOK" of being a woman."

Eva Diva added the concept that under-dressing doesn't get it for the "all or nothing" segement of our community:

" . . . I need to see the results. I don't really care about wearing panties under my jeans during the day - I want to look like a professional female impersonator at night."

BUT, for some of us (and who knows what the percentages are), it doesn't have to be "all or nothing." Donna Marie said:

"I guess I'm just lazy, but sometimes just wearing a pair of women's shoes does it for me."

I don't think it is necessarily a matter of being lazy (although, with some it could be), as much as some of us are satisfied with different degrees of dressing. Sure, I love it when I can go the whole way! But, on a day-to-day basis, I always underdress (always wear panties - haven't owned a pair of men's underwear in years). And, I always wear whatever else I can -- most of my jeans are London Jeans fom VS, I always wear nighties to bed, etc. I always shave my legs and pits, etc, and my ears and belly button are pierced (three piercings in left ear, two in right). I haven't owned a pair of men's tennis shoes in a decade. At night while watching tv I can be satisfied wearing nothing but a Guess jersey skirt, Areopostal babysoft-t, bra and panties, and a pair of flats. Don't need the make-up and wig on a daily basis.

I don't know if th issue is strictly "visual v. tactile." Maybe it boils down to mental satisfaction and what meets the individual's needs?! Regardless, we're all still in the same boat.

Kate Simmons
04-30-2007, 10:58 AM
As for myself, it's okay and I really don't go overboard with it. If I wanted to take the time. I could probably look better but I can't see it. My main purpose is to associate with my friends and have a good time. As long as I'm fairly presentable, it's good enough for me.:happy:

Gretchen
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
For me, the "look" in the mirror is getting to be almost as important as the feel of the clothes. My CDing has progressed to the point where I dress completely, with no male items on my body when dressed and do not "underdress" with undies, stockings or bra under my guy clothes.
Makeup pretty much goes the same way lately. Don't dress without at least concealer, lipstick and eyeshadow.
When all these things are viewed in the mirror, the look is as much an inspiration as the feeling sometimes and I have caught myself a couple of times just saying "wow..."and being happy with the look. Of course, that is my own opinion, and there are other times when the person looking back at me is not nearly as pleasant a feminine look. I have also said "Yikes!" a few times too.
Perspectives and needs change and evolve the longer I CD.
Gretchen

MarinaTwelve200
04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes, seeing myself in the mirror is VERY important to me. I have large mirrors near my computer and in the areas in the house where I hang around and do stuff while I am dressed.-----And I DO like what I see---most of the time. There are some very "unflattering" angles though, I like to avoid.

BTW, I consider my photos "extentions" of my mirrors, where I can see my fem self to its best advantage and have it SAVED for prosterity. I can also avoid a dress up session, sometime, just when looking at some photos when the mood hits.

sami1952
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
When ever i see myself in the mirror,i think about all the years that i missed not admitting to myself who i was. Now i see who i really am and i like who i see,i have gone from just wearing undies to ful fem and still working on the makeup.i like myself when i dress ful fem.

Joy Carter
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh, I don't know about that Joy. I think you look pretty good myself.:hugs:

Aw Salandra. You are one of the friends, who I can count on to say somthing nice. :hugs:

marie354
05-03-2007, 08:18 PM
The mirror is an important part anytime I'm dressing up.
In guy mode... Who needs one. The 3 S's, dress and out the door.
BUT... As a woman... Everything must be just so.
Yes a mirror is good. (Probably invented my a man to please his woman.)

Kristen Kelly
05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Seeing myself in the mirror is important but the imiage I have in my mind of me is more important. I can be in drab and sometimes look in the mirror and see Kristen, because there is so much of her in my male part. When the imiage in my mind matches what I see in the mirror then I really feel complete.

Kelsy
05-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I really hate my photo being taken when I'm in guy mode. I think I am unattractive and look totatlly wrong. It reminds me that everyone around sees me as some sort of imposter and not the person I am on the inside. Now when in fem mode I like having my picture taken because I am finally the person I really ought to be and even if I say so myself I make a far more attractive woman than man. I have been hit on as a woman by men but I have never had any girl ever say I was attractive when a man. Perhaps that's part of the reason I am the way I am!

It is funny you mention this Gina!

I always feel awkward in front of a camera as a guy but as a girl I feel much more natural and love to have my picture taken:happy:

Jennifer

Alice Torn
05-03-2007, 10:57 PM
You said it well. That fully dressed, classy lady in the mirror! And, I imagine what I had looked like as a lady, and see her in the mirror, fully dressed.

Laurie909
05-03-2007, 11:03 PM
When the imiage in my mind matches what I see in the mirror then I really feel complete.

Well said!

Country girl
05-04-2007, 04:01 AM
For the most part, yes. I LOVE being a GG and for someone who is fast approaching 50 I think I look pretty good. I wear very little makeup, no concealer or foundation coverup for this lady!, just eyes, a light blush and lips stick. I do have to say though there are times when all I see are the wrinkles. My 16 year old daughter and I were having a discussion about this just last night and she was laughing at me. She told me, [God Bless her!] that I look better than most of her friends mom's who are mostly early to mid 30's. Gotta love that girl! :D
But seriously, yeah, I like the way I look. :hugs: CG GG

Suzie S.
05-04-2007, 05:06 AM
I'm hooked on the mirror also. It is important to me to look as good as I can. I stare at the mirror from head to toe when I'm dressed. I guess it gives me a visual confirmation. I feel even more feminine when I look just right. When I'm not dressed I rarely need a mirror, LOL! :rolleyes:

MsPriscilla
05-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I believe that the eye sees what it wants to see to some extent. so maybe if you are an optimist, you will always look more femme than the outside world will see in you. In contrast, the pessimist will see the worst parts.

I think i am a 'mirror optimist' which is somewhat shattered by the harsh reality of photography. But it won't stop me looking and taking pics; i just love being femme.

MsJanessa
05-04-2007, 06:40 AM
the answer to your question is "yes"---the over all visual, tactile, olefactory(perfume) is very important to Me