PDA

View Full Version : The CD Continuum

Byllie
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
I know, this has probably been asked dozens of times (at least), but where would you place yourself in the CD Continuum? I'm curious as to the distribution of our members in the spectrum. And yes, there may be but a hair's breath between some of the choices.

Wendy me
04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
first i would put the thread were it belongs ..... Byllie ......and for sure i fit Frequent crossdresser

Karren H
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I agree with Wendy.... frequent, maybe not frequent enough.....

Karren

MarinaTwelve200
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I dont think you can use a continuum, for CD as a whole as we are dealing with several unrelated conditions that just happen to involve wearing the clothing of the opposite sex as one of the characteristics.

I suppose a continuum could exist for EACH condition in which CD is involved, like transsexualisim (eg. what degree of TS are you?), but it would make little sense in the case of an escapist CD or a CD thrill seeker to put them TS and both of them in the same continuum as they all three CD for drastically different reasons.

There are at least eight different conditions that involve CDing, not to mention social circumstances, and the fact that many CDers have 2 or more of any combination of these conditions. A high frequency on one scale may not have any meaning on another. For example a person who CDs simply to shock others (and gets off on THAT) is not related at all to a person who CDs because they feel that they are the opposite biosex.

tifftg
04-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with Wendy.... frequent, maybe not frequent enough.....

Karren

Definitely not often enough.

Carla4Guage
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Were it not for the time involved ie: shaving & makeup in particular, I would be even more frequently fem. Maybe the question should be "If given the choice, what WOULD you be?"

Carla

janelle
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
As of May 3rd I should be on hormones so that will move me down a notch. A slow & steady pace to reach my goal.
:hugs: ,Janelle

sami1952
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I do it as much as possible as i can,but sometimes work gets pretty heckty around here and i get so tired that all i want to do is rest.

Byllie
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
First off, thanks for moving the thread to where it belongs. (My bad)

Next, I'm glad to see so many responding. Itr would be fantastic if we could hit about 100 respondees. Already I see a trend occuring, but will not say what it is until we get more data. It's the scientist in me; don't make assumptions until you have sufficient data.

And yes, I agree that folks dress for a variety of reasons. The intent of this survey was to address both the frequency and intensity with which we dress.

MJ
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
i am pre op , liveing full time and love every minute of it

Glenda
04-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I probably dress during about 1/2 of my time away from work. I'm single so I don't have to worry about how it impacts a "single" person in my life. However it does impact the multiple people in my life. Family, friends, events and obligations. For those of us who are not TS it just doesn't make sense to complicate our lives more than necessary even if we are dressed in public a good percentage of the time. It is not an all of the time thing.

My family and friends know I CD and never know which will be at home if they come for a visit unannouced. But I've got to admit that playing with my grandchildren just seems better if I'm not enfemme. I like being Grandpa. Being the only grandparent in the area, I think it is very important for them to see me as a strong, safe and reliable safe haven for them. They should know that they can tell me anything. They see the nail polish and jewelry but certainly don't think it is especially strange since it has been a part of me throughout their lives.

I will admit that having mostly grandaughters has provided a whole new insite into females. Growing up with only brothers did not afford me the opportunity to really indulge in play with little girls. But at least it doesn't bother me if they want to have me wear a princess crown and carry a wand. I'm not sure that is something that my Dad would do with them.

At some point they will be more exposed to me when I'm dressed. But with 4.5 grandchildren under 5 years of age this is not (in my opinion) the best time to explain why Grandpa wears make-up, a wig and a dress.

SandyR
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Frequient dresser....maybe not enough.......

SandyR

DawnRodgers
05-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Frequent crossdresser but would gladly take any of the next ones on the list.

Vicky_Scot
05-01-2007, 06:18 AM
I dress every opportunity I can.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Frequent dresser, male mode when out of the house, fem mode when inside. Jocelyn

Angie G
05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I dress almost 5 days a week give the week-end to the wife and dress drab
But I do wear my panties would like to dress fulltime but that not happening
:hugs:
Angie

LindaTS
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
There is one catagory missing that I need. TS non-op. For this reason I checked pre-op. I would if I could but it's just too late for me to go all the way. I have a heart problem that would prevent me from having the surgery. Oh yeah, money would be a problem now. I'm just thankful that I can spend about 95% of the time as a woman with real breasts.

marie354
05-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I put 24/7, but it's more in the middle between frequent and 24/7.

I haven't dressed outside of the house fully yet. Well at least not in a noticeable way...
I'll wear women's jeans with a T-shirt outside, but not a skirt or dress yet.
:hugs:

Tina B.
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I had to go with occasional, as I have not been dressing much as of late, but a couple of monthes ago I would have been in the frequent group, as I was dressing 4 to 5 days a week. the desire seems to move me up and down the scale at times.
Tina B.

JeanneF
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
You're also missing Non-transitioning TS. :)

I'm "officially" TS according to my therapist, but present circumstances do not make it remotely feasible to explore transition unfortunately.

I'm far from miserable as a boy, but I would be a lot happier as a girl. Right now I'm settling at "rather effeminate boy".

Ruth
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I've cast a vote but I agree with Marina that a continuum is maybe not the word for this set of lifestyles. I believe firmly that being a CDer is where I want to be and I'm not moving onwards or backwards in any sense from that.
I know there is a feeling in both the gay community and the TS community that MtF CDers are people with either gay or TS impulses but who lack the courage of their convictions. But I disagree. CDing is a destination in its own right and not a way station en route to something else.

ColleenCD
05-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm in the frequent category, but still...not frequent enough.

Colleen

leggy_tiana
05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I would say I am a frequent dresser but, at the same time, I have enjoyed spending all weekend (24/7) as a girl. I am very comfortable accepting my femininity for 2 or 3 days in a row. I guess the longest I've stayed enfemme was during a long holiday weekend (approximately 60 hours total). I often think about taking a vacation and packing nothing but feminine apparel and makeup and living full time as a girl for 5 or 6 days in a row.

Dixie
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
This answer may be done to death but, Frequent but not frequent enough :happy:

Eva Diva
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I call once a week occasional. I'd like to use the time better, and have a few more hours at a time, but once a week is good enough for me. Of course, if I had a bigger wardrobe, that would probably change. :D

Rachel Morley
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm a "freak"-quent person :p

Myst
05-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Occasional dresser here, but if I could dress up more frequently, I definitely would!

-Myst :star:

Alex!
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a crossdressing session perhaps twice a year. I hate shaving off all my body hair and putting on makeup is such a time consuming process that a total of about 50 hours as Andrea per year is plenty :)

linnea
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
If you count wearing panties every day, panties and stockings many days, and full-scale dressing occasionally, "frequent," then I'm a frequent dresser, but I'm definitely far from frequent enough.

LindaTS
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
You're also missing Non-transitioning TS. :)

I'm "officially" TS according to my therapist, but present circumstances do not make it remotely feasible to explore transition unfortunately.

I'm far from miserable as a boy, but I would be a lot happier as a girl. Right now I'm settling at "rather effeminate boy".

It looks like we're both in the same catagory Lisa. My doctor also agrees that I'm a TS and I love it.

Keely
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I'll have to say frequent. At least somewhat every day.

sandra-leigh
05-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I only get completely dressed (makeup and wig and all) less than once a month ... more than half a dozen times a year, I guess, but not much more.
But I wear subtle women's tops and pants frequently, including to work, and I wear panties far more days than not. I go through bouts of wearing my forms while in guy mode (not at home though, at least not while my wife is around). If I wear the panties in bed (as I often do), does that count as 24/7? :)

I would like to wear more obvious clothes and skirts more often. I've worn a skirt in guy mode sometimes, and it's gone fine. I'm not as comfortable wearing a dress in guy mode (a shame, as I do like dresses.)