PDA

View Full Version : how many girls shave their legs over winter then grow the hair back in summer

Shining Star
02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
hi there just wondering dose any women shave their legs in the winter then let them grow back in the summer. for me i not yet shaven my legs but when i start it would be in winter so i can cover my legs at work with out anyone coming over and saying aren't you warm in those pants

Merinda
02-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I have arms and legs shaven all year round , they know about my arms at work but after the initial discovery dont say anything about them anymore.

Teddie
02-24-2005, 05:58 AM
From the neck down, except for a special patch, 24/7/52 :)

reginaNJ1
02-24-2005, 07:37 AM
same here, neck down 24/7 100% and love it. specially sitting on the beach nice and smooth

xsarahlynn
02-24-2005, 07:50 AM
From neck down, all year long. But I know what You mean about summer, I wear shorts when at home, but when vistors come, its off to get the jeans on. This past summer I went to visit my kids, wouldn't you know it, 85-90 all week long. Kids kept saying " dad aren't You hot, go get Your shorts on". But with no choice, I just say no I'm ok. And also no more taking off my shirt eithier, no hair and small breast. So summers are hard, but I guess its part of the price I pay to be Sarah.

Stephanie Brooks
02-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I keep my legs shaved year round, and especially enjoy it in the summer. I wear nylons w/ shorts, even out in public.. Typically I'll wear nude or suntan. If we're visiting people who don't know of Stephanie, I don't wear the nylons, but still wear shorts.

LindaTS
02-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Me too. Year round and have been that way for a lot of years now. That's one thing no one has ever commented on with the exception of one doctor in the ER once but I payed no attention to him. Now my fingernails are a different story. Lots of comments there.

Samantha Jane
02-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Only just started shaving my legs this winter and I love that smooth feeling soooo much. Guess I'll wait for the summer and see how things pan out.
Although I now, I just cannot imagine not shaving them, besides I hope having them shaved will make them tan better. :)

Charlotte xx

Brianne
02-24-2005, 08:41 AM
I also keep my shaving to a minimum as my 2 children are still at home and we have a pool in the back yard that I love in the summertime. In the summertime I keep the tops of my thighs and up to my waist shaved except for a small triangle of pubic hair. This way most of my guy shorts and bathing suits hide the fact.
In the winters I completely shave from the waist down, again except for the pubic area. After shaving my legs in the shower and then using a scrub to exfoliate and finishing with a moisturizer I can't believe how soft and silky my legs feel. I also do my underarms in the winter, I love the look and it makes me feel so feminine.
I just started thining and shaping my eyebrows. Nothing too dramatic but with a eyebrow pencil I can make them more girly. I also just started keeping my hands hair free so they look better with my nails done and rings on. My hands weren't that hairy to start so it's not that noticeable.

That's my regime :D
Brianne

Georgette
02-24-2005, 08:44 AM
I have had my body shaved clean from the neck down and nobody said a word about it, even my bowling team didn't, and I bowl in shorts and tank top most of the time. Absolutly no comment not even a dig which we do to each other quite often, maybe if I show up in panty hose I could get a blurb or two. LOL So I don't really think people center on any certain part of you they are so used to you the way you were, before all of thshaving and primping your self, and I love to primp. :rolleyes:

Wendy me
02-24-2005, 08:48 AM
well i have been shaved as of not so long ago my wife came to find out abought wendy
she knows but dosen't want to know .........so we will see what happens ........we do a lot of entertaining in the summer mounths.........pool and boating ..........i shure she just might have some thoughts on shaveing.........

Georgette
02-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey sis nobody will notice Trust me. LOL

Melissa A.
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
That's good to hear, Geogette, as I started shaving my entire body at the end of last summer, and have been trying to decide what to do when the warm weather hits. I have been leaning toward continuing to shave and have suspected all along what you said: People just don't notice, or if they do, they rarely say anything. Besides, it's not so unusual anymore for guys to shave their bodies, kind of where men piercing their ears was a decade or two ago.

As of now, I am planning on remaining smooth. After all, I am not going to stop dressing, And I am DEFINITELY not going back to those heavy black tights! Yuk!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Georgette
02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
That's good to hear, Geogette, as I started shaving my entire body at the end of last summer, and have been trying to decide what to do when the warm weather hits. I have been leaning toward continuing to shave and have suspected all along what you said: People just don't notice, or if they do, they rarely say anything. Besides, it's not so unusual anymore for guys to shave their bodies, kind of where men piercing their ears was a decade or two ago.

As of now, I am planning on remaining smooth. After all, I am not going to stop dressing, And I am DEFINITELY not going back to those heavy black tights! Yuk!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Oh yeh and I love that clean feeling in fact my SO said since I have been dressing in front of her and going out that things seem a lot cleaner around the house, she's not having to pickup after me as much :rolleyes:

Samantha Jane
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi girls,

My wife has not even noticed my shaved legs, although being blonde they don't show up as much. That said, if she has noticed, she has chosen not to say anything and that would be unlike her. :) :)

Charlotte xx

Deedee_tv
02-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I am totally the opposite. I live in Florida and keep my legs and body shaved from February to November when I am wearing shorts and capris. It's the winter when I slip and don't shave for a while. It gets cold enough here that long pants are required for a couple of months. I figure if nobody is going to see my legs, why shave.

I have a 13 year old daughter and I tease her about her hairy legs as I set the example with keeping shaved.

Worrying about shaving is nonsense. Nobody cares.

Deedee_tv

Fallen Angel
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
hi some girls i know wear 2 pairs of panty hose during the winter so thet dont have to shave but i do all year round its just easyer for me twice a week and the day i go out

paulaN
02-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I have kept my legs and armpits shaved all this winter and most of last winter but then let the hair grow out last summer. I am thinking of keeping them shaved this summer I would love that so much but the SO. might have something to say about that. she made the comment over the winter that it is hard for her to make love to a man who has smoother legs than hers but when my legs were dry and rashey at the begining of winter she rubed them with some nice oil for dry skin, it felt sooooooo good and helped my legs so much. so who knows what will happen this summer. probley will have to grow the hair back out the kids might not like dad with shaved legs, but I could care less about what anyone else thinks.

ChristineRenee
02-24-2005, 10:48 AM
I used to do that with my legs many years ago. But I have been shaving all my body hair now for quite some time. I like the analogy said about it that it was like removing dirt! Love the clean smooth feeling all over. Don't care who notices either...it's my body after all! Those who don't like it...well, don't look at it then!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

Rachel E
02-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I to shave 24/7 from my neck down. I have been shaveing for the past3 or 4 years and no body has ever said any thing about. I love the smooth feeling it give you.
LOL Richie, Spokane, Wa :)

Amelie
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
I shave my legs all year round. I have been shaving my legs for many years and no one has noticed. No one has commented.
Amelie

Teddie
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Think about this. I have a friend, non-CDer, that has almost no body hair. I've seen him in shorts, no shirt, and there just isn't enough hair to mention. Now, no one seems to care that he doesn't have body hair. They treat him just the same. No strange looks. No comments. So, why worry. Just remove it and keep it off. Also, remember that men are now going "metrosexual", and many have their body hair removed, and some of these are mucho guys.

And, we were watching Regis and Kelly the other day. And, Regis said that he hated his body hair, and a lot of it removed. Kelly quipped that that Regis had less hair than any other man that she knew. If Regis can do, so can you.

Tristen Cox
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
aren't you warm in those pants
Why it's always warm in my pants :p Strangely I wear shorts in the winter, pants in the summer. Don't ask I don't know, but I shave al year long ;)

Stephanie Brooks
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Why it's always warm in my pants :p Strangely I wear shorts in the winter, pants in the summer. Don't ask I don't know, but I shave al year long ;)
I'm wearing shorts today too! However, I won't be going outside with them. ;)

(Cell phone pic. Pardon too the moire pattern. I took it through the screen.)

Priscilla1018
02-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I also shave from the neck down but,then again, many body builders shave. I like the feel, so smooth and I always use a good moisturiser after shaving.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Maddie Knight
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I also do from the neck down exept there :eek: all year round. Nobody has ever said anything to me yet and i've been doing it for years.

donna anne
02-24-2005, 07:40 PM
just started shaving this winter and the feeling is great, still havnt decided what ill do this summer, really hate the idea of letting it grow back.

StephanieCD
02-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Pardon too the moire pattern.

Hun, I love your brain. I bet you'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Anyway.

This is my first real block of shaving from the waist down. I've been dowing it for a couple of months and it's just begining to look like there's hope. I've been considering not growing back for summer like I planned because... my only reason was so my 4 year old daughter won't notice the few times I take her swimming and just in case those random family swim things come up... but it was so much work (and still is) to get rid of these bumps and stuff I figure maybe a couple moments of embarassment is worth it for something that makes me so happy....

And, as for the "aren't you hot" thing... I have NEVER worn pants - everybody knows it, and I had hairy HAIRY legs. I just don't like my legs (with hair) so I just said "I don't wear shorts, that's it". Even when I was in Texas, I wore corduroys in 110 degree heat! They all called me crazy but - if you just DON'T wear shorts ever - no one questions the "hiding"...

orchard
02-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Last year I gave up on the shaving for the summer.
I just moved last month, among other mighty life changing events, and have slipped up on shaving, except for plucking my chest.

stefanie
02-25-2005, 01:32 AM
i have gone on/off at times....have shaved year around and no one has ever said anything..... on the other hand, i have shaped and thinned my eyebrows....sometimes I think people may notice....its kind of an addiction, the smooth skin, the way lotion creams on your legs, the arched feminine eyebrows framing my face.

Tristen Cox
02-25-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm wearing shorts today too! However, I won't be going outside with them. ;)

Sexy minds think alike :cool:

Akyra
02-25-2005, 03:54 AM
bet tiz wurm in yur pants......

i'll shav yur legz babee......

and the rest uf u 2.......

damn yur so hot twisten.......

id lyk ta modurat u.......

mmm mmmmmm.....

SKINNYGIRL
02-25-2005, 03:03 PM
I Shave Completely,i Mean Completely,from September To April.in The Summer I Keep My Leg Hair Trimmed To About 1/8 Inch And My Other Area Completely Shaved. This Year I Might Keep Shaving Year Round.

Stacy3595
02-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Shaving is great i really really like the smooth silky feel, but i got a decent little cut on my leg as last week was my first shave and it probably won't be my last LOL!

Does anyone know a good electric shaver to buy that won't cut me.. ???

Rachael Lynn
02-25-2005, 05:58 PM
The winter has always been a joy for me. I to shave completely ( head to toe ) in the winter, letting all grow back in the Summer ( summer = bummer for me ). I really would like to stay fuzzy free this time around, but it would be hard to get away with. It is sooo hot here in the summer. Just have to wait and see.

Best to all

Rachael Lynn

Shining Star
02-25-2005, 08:44 PM
thanks girls for all your in puts i cant wait till winter hits so i can shave my legs for the first time thanks for your help

Jasmine Marrie
02-25-2005, 09:04 PM
I like to shave mine in the winter and summer.I shave my eybrows to.it makes me feel like a women.

Lindahexi
02-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Stacy, in the past I've used a wet razor and it left me sore, but recently I bought a Philips 'Ladyshave' and used it today for the first time. I'm really impessed with it. I tried using my 'Man' razor, it has a trimmer, but it wasn't much good. I'll never go back to wet razor again.

Lindahexi
02-27-2005, 02:37 PM
hi there just wondering dose any women shave their legs in the winter then let them grow back in the summer. for me i not yet shaven my legs but when i start it would be in winter so i can cover my legs at work with out anyone coming over and saying aren't you warm in those pants

I shave through the winter season but have to allow about 6 weeks before going on holiday for the hair to grow back a bit, I always wear shorts and swim a lot when on holiday, so although I hate the hair, I'd be 'caught' if it wasn't there. :)