PDA

View Full Version : Do trans men like to dance?

kittypw GG
05-01-2007, 08:24 AM
I was at a drag show over the weekend at a very nice club. It was the first drags show that I have been to that included drag kings. There were a lot of transmen in the club. I had asked my hubby to dance and he declined but said that it was ok if I wanted to ask someone else to dance. I saw this very attractive trans man but I chickened out. Would it have been ok to approach him for a dance?
Kitty

Adam
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
like anyone else some do some don't i have never danced lol but you should have asked him he may have said yes whats the harm in askin :D

Kieron Andrew
05-01-2007, 08:30 AM
I am NOT a dancing type and never will be!!

But everyone is different you cant determine whether a person is or is not a person that dances just cos they are a transman.....its a individual thing

i would have asked him if i was you

Evert
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I like to dance, but never asks someone else. I wait until I'm asked. :o

So you should just have asked him Kitty :D

kittypw GG
05-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I should have asked him :( I know that a lot of guys don't like to dance but I should have just went ahead and did it. The worst he could have said was no right? Maybe I was so nervous because he was so cute? :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
I should have asked him :( I know that a lot of guys don't like to dance but I should have just went ahead and did it. The worst he could have said was no right? Maybe I was so nervous because he was so cute? :heehee:
Kitty fancied a transguy woohoo!!! :D

pocoyo
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
I love to dance, I would have been flattered.
Hey next time you should go for it :D
Like you said, worst he coulda said was "no" hehe :happy:

CaptLex
05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm a dancin' fool, Kitty. I would have definitely danced with you. Most of the transguys I know do like to dance, but like most GMs it's an individual thing. They can't all be John Travolta, I guess. :heehee:

Taylor105
05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
No dancing for me. I don't want to embarrass myself. lol

Dasein9
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I sometimes dance. But I still have to learn to lead.

Felix
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh I love to dance Kitty I'll dance with all my mates men and women, staight or gay so yeah I'd have danced with ya Hun xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I sometimes dance. But I still have to learn to lead.
get Capt to practice with you lol:heehee:

bi_weird
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes ask him to dance! Transguys seem to be a lot shyer than normal guys, and dancing can be scary enough without the pressure of asking someone to dance. Each to his own, but might as well take that chance. I'd've said yes.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with the guys Kitty. Next time ask someone, I'll bet you will have fun. I dance with both guys and girls. Aren't too many Transmen around these parts that I know of. I think it would be neat though. It's all about having a good time really.:happy:

happyfish
05-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'd say next time you should definately ask. I for one hate saying 'no' (not that I often want to!) because it seems a little rude. So yeah, next time go for it!

sparro
05-01-2007, 01:19 PM
If by dance around you mean move with some semblance of rhythm, then yes, I like to dance. Unlike Wren, though, the most dance experience I have is in front of a mirror when the place is empty. She tried to teach me...but I'm fairly useless...

kerrianna
05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I like to dance, but never asks someone else. I wait until I'm asked. :o

Maybe in RL, but you're not so shy online. :p

I hope you can transfer your online skills to RL. Sometimes it's just a state of mind.

And Kitty, as a GM, I can tell you there are lots of guys too shy, who wish someone else would ask them. It's one of the attractions I have of being female - maybe not having to take the initiative all the time. I can understand how you might not want to offend a transman by wanting to give them the space to ask you...but as you can see by the replies from the guys here, they'd be more than happy. A lot of gender behaviour is learned and not everyone's going to be able to flick a switch and get it right. So encouraging them isn't a bad thing. :D

hehehe, right Evert? :p

Abraxas
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't like to dance, mainly because I look like I'm falling down stairs if I try. If I was halfway decent at it, I'd probably enjoy it. It's just one of those physical things I can't seem to get the hang of. *shrug*

CaptLex
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't like to dance, mainly because I look like I'm falling down stairs if I try.
:lol2: Sorry . . . I just pictured that . . . :lol2:

Question Mark
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
That would make an awesome dance. :o

I like to dance, sometimes. Usually silly dances. Whether or not I can dance WELL is another matter.

Kate Simmons
05-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't like to dance, mainly because I look like I'm falling down stairs if I try. If I was halfway decent at it, I'd probably enjoy it. It's just one of those physical things I can't seem to get the hang of. *shrug*No big deal Hon. Just go out there and pretend you know what you are doing. I do it all the time and made up my steps as I went along. The result was a free style that very few can keep up with.:heehee:

kittypw GG
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh now I could just kick myself for not just asking :sad: I love to dance and I did have the go ahead from hubby :thumbsup: God you guys can be so handsome. Maybe I should start a thread about whether or not CD's fear loosing their mate to the guys. I'm telling you, you guys can be very attractive. :blushing: Thanks for putting me at ease. Next time I'll just ask.
:love: Kitty