PDA

View Full Version : For those that go out/ Can you go out w/o wearing makeup/post pictures if you want.

Tamera
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I was just curious. How many of us can go out w/o wearing makeup and still look "THE LOOK". Post pictures if you may.

I for one must wear makeup. I don't know how it'll be after my electrolysis.
LOL
Tamera

Karren H
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
........go out without makeup? Its all part of the fem experience... Same as wearing a skirt or a dress!!!

So if I wore jeans and a tee and no makeup I'd look just like I always look!!! A guy!! Hehe

Love Karren

Tamera
05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi Karen,
The reason I asked is I see GG's that at times just don't wear any makeup. Maybe just a lil for the eyes but thats usually it.
I was curious if any of us can do the same.
LOL
Tamera

Kate Simmons
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I've done it before when I was my femme self CDing as "Eric". The idea was to wear makeup but make it look like I wasn't wearing any since I was a guy passing as a girl passing as a guy. I'm still working on a look that tones down the makeup and looks more "natural". Big problem for me is the beard shadow. Without any kind of cover at all, it's evident no matter how close I shave.:rolleyes:

MJ
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
er yes i can , did you want me out at a mall with no make up will have to post a picture tomorrow

Tamera
05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Mj,
I'll be lookin for the pic. Go ahead and PM it if you want.

LOL
Tamera

EricaCD
05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Nope. Subtract all the makeup and, surprise surprise, I look like a guy.

Katrina
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I haven't been out without makeup in girl mode, but I have taken pictures and I think even posted some here with me without any foundation on. I have eye makeup on in all my pictures.

linnea
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't go out en femme without makeup, and I need all the help I can get. However, sometimes I use lighter applications than others. I love wearing makeup so I'm not inclined to go without when I've got the chance to dress.

susie evans
05-02-2007, 04:14 PM
nope not a chance it would be scarey :sad:

susie

Alex!
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Um, yeah...I don't crossdress without makeup. I'm not a fan of the androgynous look.

paulinescotlandcd
05-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, take all the makeup off and what have you got? A man in a very nice dress.
On a similar note I,m sure that whilst many women get away without wearing any makeup many could do with a bit of advice.I seem to have noticed what I thought were men but when I get closer the person is female.It does make you think that many CD,ers who venture out worry about being spotted as being male.I wonder just how many times these , lets be charitable, lets call them a bit on the rough side females get odd looks from people like me who think they are male.
My own sister -in -law is one such female.

Gina_darling
05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I am told I have a feminine face so on that respect I could get away without make-up. On the other side I think I really do need at least a bit of foundation on to cover up shadow. It would be possible to have a natural look which I think is really nice on the GGs anyway. However I do like putting on alittle bit of make-up to accentuate my femininity :doll:

Sally24
05-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I've tried pictures without foundation, just a little lipstick and mascara. It wasn't too bad but still need to finish the electrolysis before it's even close to passable.

Tamera
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking that maybe the younger CD's could pass more than the older ones since they haven't began much, if any, facial hair.
We'll see on the responses.
LOL
Tamera

EricaCD
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Facial hair is not the biggest issue. I have very little beard shadow when I have recently shaved, and a fairly young face. The issues are: facial skin tone and composition is a bit different (for anyone who has shaved more than, say, a year in their life), brow ridge, usually thinner and narrower lips, usually wider moustache area (from bottom of nose to top of lip), usually more prominent nose and jawline, eyebrows, and so on.

When we look at a picture of a face, we immediately process numerous small cues to tell us the apparent gender of the subject. For all but the very most androgynous of guys, the quick check will still turn up many more masculine cues.

When I was 18 or so, I had about the most androgynous face imaginable, and long hair to boot. Still, if you had put me in a dress back then without makeup I would have been instantly read as male.

Erica

Dixie
05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
ME go out without makeup, that would be beyond scarey, it would be horrific:heehee:

Brianna Lovely
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
If I'm "semi-dressed" I'll ware minimum makeup, mascara, brow liner and lipstick. If I'm "full-dressing" (wig and forms), I do full makeup.

However, I just got the phone number for a local makeup artist and I'm going to make an appointment, to see if I can find a way to do a "quickie", not take an hour to put on my face.

I'd like some quick method, for an every-day-look.

joann07
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I love GGs who are natural beauties and the best thing about them is that they look even more beautiful with the right makeup.
I wish I was a natural beauty, but I have to wear makeup.

Rachel Morley
05-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Go out dressed en femme without make up?!? :eek: To me that's like going out without my underwear. I'll never do it .... and besides, I look hideously more masculine without makeup.

Kristen Kelly
05-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I have a daytime look water based make-up a little blush, brown mascra and lipstick, softer not as pronounced, about the closest I come without makeup
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=846913&postcount=115

Tamera
05-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Yea Kristen,
When I got my makeover at Macy's the guy said there was a daytime look(Useing Browns) and a night time look(Useing blacks).
According to the response so far, there are a few that can go out with little or no makeup, but not many of us.
LOL
Tamera

Ericka2
05-02-2007, 11:02 PM
how dare you? lol! of course not, the best part of feeling femme is the make up, the feeling of the lipstick and those eyebrowse so sexy, sorry but no thanks.

love, ericka

Roxi Loh
05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I am sure I would not look good but moreover...what would be the fun of it. If I can't put on make up...I might as well go in drab.

gaby818
05-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I haven't been out without makeup in girl mode, but I have taken pictures and I think even posted some here with me without any foundation on. I have eye makeup on in all my pictures.

well u have a cute face katrina, i'm sure you wouldnt have a problem pulling it off.
Ive gone out semi-w/out make up. just threw on a lil foundation, put some lip gloss on, and put on my j-lo sunglassess. i did it during day light and didnt get any second looks. sometimes its about what you dont wear and attitude. dress right for the occassion (which may require you to go out in sneakers and pants sometimes), make without the perfume (skunks are noticable), and no dark lipsticks.
gotta be a regular chick sometimes in order to really be a chick!

Stephenie S
05-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Well I guess I'm the loner here. I rarely wear makeup. Maybe a little blush and some lipstick, but most of the time, nothing. I don't think I "pass" much, but this is the way I want to dress. I try to be well dressed all the time, and act appropriately also. But makeup? Don't have the time most of the time. I have done so, of course, but my goal is to not have to wear any at all. Most of the GGs I know don't wear much makeup either, so I guess I am taking my cues from them.

Lovies,
Stephenie

gaby818
05-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Well I guess I'm the loner here. I rarely wear makeup. Maybe a little blush and some lipstick, but most of the time, nothing. I don't think I "pass" much, but this is the way I want to dress. I try to be well dressed all the time, and act appropriately also. But makeup? Don't have the time most of the time. I have done so, of course, but my goal is to not have to wear any at all. Most of the GGs I know don't wear much makeup either, so I guess I am taking my cues from them.

Lovies,
Stephenie

me too. i go with the flow from GG's. whatever the current style, fashion, whatever is, i'm doing it. dont want to stick out like a sore thumb.
btw, by GG's we do mean geneticgirls right!?

Catherine Hopkins
05-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Guess this is cheating.
My girlfriend, Gina Gibson, on the beach in Mauritius after a full day's SCUBA diving with no makeup.

She's a member over on Rose's forum but hasn't joined here yet. Gina's been living full time for 3 years and has been taking hormones all that time. She's also had full and successful electrolysis, facial feminisation surgery and breast augmentation surgery. Plus another surgery less visible ;)

Before all that surgery, she too would have looked like a guy without makeup but now, she passes rather well, I think :)

Just for comparison, here she is normally made up.

Kieron knows her too and I'm sure he'll confirm how well she passes 24/7.

Tamera
05-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Vance,
Very Impressive!!!!
Thanx for the photos!!!!
LOL
Tamera

LindaTS
05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I for one need the makeup. Wouldn't think of going out without it.

Mitch23
05-04-2007, 02:33 PM
have to do make up - all part of the fun. it does take a long time though - perhaps there is a quick fix solution - i take about an hour and id like to cut that down cos it means less time out

mitch

Emily Ann Brown
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay, I admit I have gone to a makeover in the mall without makeup, but dressed. I did wear sunglasses though. And just in case you are wondering, I have no dark beard to cover, and rosy cheeks. NOPE, didn't notice anyone gawking.

Not something I want to do every day though.

Emily Ann

katia
05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Wouldn't go out without makeup on unless it was a dark rainy night and i was the only one out there :sad:
I haven't plucked up the courage to go out around other people yet ( apart from driving my car ) as im not sure if i would get away with it with makeup yet alone without:straightface:

Carroll
05-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Mostly I use cover-up/foundation for the mustache area, a splash of mascara, and a dab of eye shadow. Lip stick seems to make it all work together :)

Sam-antha
05-05-2007, 02:09 PM
That makeup is the finishing touch to the getting ready. A must for the city, especially just off the street, eg shopping, coffee. In the last year I have reduced it, cut down mostly to lipstick, nails and a touch to the eyebrows, (trimmed).
In the country pics, there is not usually any worn.... have a look at my pics and tell me (PM) what you think.
~Samm

crusadergirl
05-06-2007, 02:13 AM
THis is a good Question I think i stand alone on this one i have gone out without make-up before twice. However nobody really said anything to me i just went to buy me something to drink the first time. I have to say this without it i don't look that great but, now days girls don't seem to wear much make up so i pasted on both nights i went out. But i;m not doing it again i could tell ppl knew i wasn't a girl but oh well. The ppl here just put there face down and don't look at you anyways so it don't matter if you wear it are not most of the time. Unless u get one that likes to talk alot. So peace out home dawgs

Gizmo, Debbie
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I to like playing with makeup but sadly my mum and dad dont like it, they think i look better without ?
Most of the GGs in my family don't bother with makeup iether ( some of them do look good without it) and i have no girly friends of any kind to help me with makeup.
I have gone out both with and without makeup but i still get read just as easy:sad:
1 small step at a time though . It is still early days yet:heehee:

Glenda58
05-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Makeup is a must maybe a little less during the day but always makeup. Or you would be looking at a old man in a dress. Don't have to worry about covering the beard it's gray and doesn't show.

Kimberly
05-06-2007, 01:16 PM
You say the younger ones don't need make-up as much?? Heh! Wrong... Though my beard isn't very thick I still need to cover up any evidence, e.g. foundation/concealer. xx

Shelly R
05-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Even though I am going the TS route in my life, I can't TOTALLY go without make-up, I don't look that good.
My day time make-up has gotten simple, mascara, eye liner, blush, and neutral lip stick, maybe eye shadow, the evening make-up is considerably more involved. I have been out without make-up before quite a bit, but I still feel naked without it.

MJ
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
tamera here is the mall pictures
and Vance you cut off the best part lol :heehee:

Catherine Hopkins
05-06-2007, 10:01 PM
...and Vance you cut off the best part lol :heehee:

True lol.

I think the rest of the photo might be too much for the forum ;)

Michelle (Oz)
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Never without makeup. Part of the enjoyment is the full presentation. I am trying to get better at applying the make up though to reduce the "thickness". More along the lines of less is more.

Tamera
05-07-2007, 05:27 AM
MJ,
Lookin' Good. I knew there would be a some of us that would not use makeup or use very little.

And now that you have my curiosity up. I want to see the rest of picture Vance left out.....

Thanx girls for all your input.....
LOL
Tamera

daniella
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I have been wearing Bare Minerals powder and warmth foundation daily. No one suspects anything at work or in the GM world. The few people who have made a comment are GG's saying nice things about my radiant skin glow.

However without the eye and lips there is far less magic in the final product.

However when i do go out in a long skirt as a GM, yes I do that alot, no one really seems to mind as well. The generic male face in a skirt seems to be easily accepted by the outside world.

missy225
05-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Just started putting on makeup would love some tips so that I could go out wearing it. P>S> how do I post my pic here. my pics are in the picture section on my computer?

SherriePall
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Without make-up? I don't think so. LOL.

Mitch23
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
hmm - i'll think about that - might have probs with beard shadow - prolly chicken out and wear shades too. cant dress for a few days but will have a go!

mitch

Katrina
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
well u have a cute face katrina, i'm sure you wouldnt have a problem pulling it off.

Thank you so much! Sadly though, you only see a small percentage of the pictures I've taken - the rest don't meet standards. ;)

Guess this is cheating. My girlfriend, Gina Gibson, on the beach in Mauritius after a full day's SCUBA diving with no makeup...

Vance, you can tell your girlfriend that she is beautiful with or without makeup.

MJ
05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Vance;848713]Guess this is cheating.
for a moment there vance i thought you was going to say this was me LOL

Fab Karen
05-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Nope. My "twin brother" can.

JenniferR771
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I have gone shopping at a thrift store where i am known. Change in the car. (without taking any clothes off. ) I add wig, earrings, necklace, knee-highs, heels, and my black purse. Usually lipstick. I will look for the pics.

Rikkicn
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
A few years ago I stopped wearing make up because I was going to try dressing full time and it was just to much work. I work at home so I didn't really need it for day time chores.
It never made a difference in how I was read. In fact it made passing easier for me.
When I go out for dinner or events then i use make up, but very lightly.

Hali
05-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Is it in the DAY-TIME i dont think the BEAR SHADOW will just disappear or the broadness of our Forehead, but in the NIGHT-TIME it is definitely possible especially for some of us that are PASSABLE and ALMOST-PASSABLE with MAKE-UP during the day, yeah it is possible to out in the night without make-up, but very unkool during DAY even GGs more often than not TOUCH a little MAKE-UP before going out during the DAY.

Stephenie S
05-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, I don't know any GGs who wear a lot of makeup. A bit of eyeshadow and mascara, and perhaps some lipgloss. So that's my goal. Will I ever get there? We'll see. Electrolysis is a big factor. Almost ALL my dark hair has been removed, so I have NO beard shadow. She is now working on the light hairs, but because she needs some actual growth (in order to be able to see the light hair), I have a stubble for several days out of each week. This is noticabe in the right light conditions and is one of my real problems. To a casual observer, my beard is gone, but get up close, and you can still see it.

But to answer the question, I use very little makeup if at all. Lipstick almost all the time, some blush, concealer on problem spots from electrolysis. I'm not confident about my ability to do good eye makeup yet so I usually skip this. I have asked one of the girls at work who uses eye makeup a lot for some help, but I suspect that all I really need is some practice. Right now I have no desire to look "made up" as I want to blend in and none of the GGs around me use heavy makeup.

I have been CDing for many years (don't even THINK of asking), and I used makeup with a pretty heavy hand in the past, but this is no longer a look that I aspire to. Around here, I think that heavy makeup is a pretty reliable marker that one is not a GG, as this is not a makeup concious part of the country. As I have said before, in northern New England getting dressed up sometimes means just putting on a clean T shirt.

Now, am I getting read because of my lack of makeup? I don't know. But I do know that were I to go out in full makeup, I would attract enough attention so that I would be read for sure. It is just not done very much here. And I do spend some time, effort, and money on my hair and eyebrows. I have come to believe that "passing" is not so much actually "fooling" people as it is just not causing a stir and blending in with everyone else. When you dress and act appropriately, most people don't look, don't care, and are too polite to mention it if they do.

Lovies,
Stephenie

TxKimberly
05-23-2007, 10:12 AM
OMG not me! You would be shocked at how big a difference the makeup makes for me. With out it, there is no question not only that I am a man, but one in his forties. Uggghhhh!

Kim

Mitch23
05-23-2007, 12:43 PM
thats a good point - perhaps some of us stand out because of our makeup! I dont know many GGs who are into the heavy stuff at all - i suppose its too much trouble to do it day in day out unless you have to.

mitch

JoAnnDallas
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I wore makeup on all my outings these last few days. I must be doing it fairly right as I seem to have Passed on each outing. Only once did I have on eye shadow. All the other times it was foundation, blush, and lipstick. I have studied the various makeup articles and watched many makeup videos on the various makeup web sites and I think between that and just practise. practise, practise has helped me a lot.

Jenna1561
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Out without makeup? Heavens no! I try not to heavy on the makeup and keep to what I think is a natural look, at least for me, I hope.

I also wear light makeup when in guy mode, so I am rarely without makeup on.

Jenna

Dixie
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
CANNOT DO IT !!!!!:eek:

Michelle04240
05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Hang around the house dressed with no make-up...sure
Out? Never.

marie354
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't wear makeup every day and I try to dress daily even if it's only jeans and a cute top. Even with a dress and my hair done up nicely, without makeup I'm just a guy in a frock. But, then again, I don't need to pass if I don't leave the house. Now for pictures... It's a must.

Jenna1561
05-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I posted earlier that I Do NOT usually go out without makeup, but around the house doing housework - that's a different story. So here are a few pics of me without makeup and just a quick fast and hot blow dry - no styling ( like I really know what I'm doing with a brush, LOL).

Jenna

Deidra Cowen
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
With out makeup I look like an old male rock star in a wig. :eek::eek:

faltenrock
05-26-2007, 01:15 PM
No, I don't wear any make up, probably never will.

Rita B
05-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I've done it before when I was my femme self CDing as "Eric". The idea was to wear makeup but make it look like I wasn't wearing any since I was a guy passing as a girl passing as a guy. I'm still working on a look that tones down the makeup and looks more "natural". Big problem for me is the beard shadow. Without any kind of cover at all, it's evident no matter how close I shave.:rolleyes:

You never told me you did "Victor, Victoria":love:

Rita

Gaby
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi.

Going out in the summer time has some inconveniences. One is makeup. However, since I have been lucky to be able to get rid of my facial hair, I'm able now to go out pretty much without any makeup for the day time running errands. In the pic, only a touch of mascara and some lipstick (bronze).

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/355/355009/folders/272403/21712822007061701.jpg

Gaby

chucks
06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
i don't have enough money for makeup. does it make that big of a difference? i don't think i'd like all that stuff on my face anyway.

Stephenie S
06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Well, I go out without makeup. I do wear a bit of lipstick most of the time, and will sometimes use a little blush, but that's about it.

I think that were I to go out with full makeup on I would be "read" instantly, as no GG around here wears full makeup. I would stand out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Am I read anyway because I don't wear makeup? I don't know. I do know that people pretty much leave me alone unless I have some dealings with them and then they treat me pretty well.

I try to smile a lot. I try to dress well. I don't want to have to wear a lot of makeup. It takes me long enough to get ready as it is now.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Joy Carter
06-21-2007, 12:41 AM
You know me Tamera. BTW I'm adding a set of wheels to my makeup kit. LoL

brenya
06-21-2007, 01:09 AM
If it wasn't for the damn facial hair I think I might be able to get away with it, of course I'd have to fix my eyebrows really good, even when I'm not wearing any makeup it kinda looks like im wearing liner/mascara

stefcd1
06-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Even though I have been told I have a feminine shaped face, if you remove the makeup I like many others here, look like a guy in a dress and high heels. Besides, I love wearing makeup, part of the feminine experience. Love putting on mascara and the taste of lipstick :)