PDA

View Full Version : A Day in Drag Addresses Freedom of Expression

AllieSF
05-02-2007, 03:36 PM
This recent article in a San Francisco East Bay newspaper shows that maybe our schools can and should be a great source for helping our cause of promoting acceptance and ending discrimination. Schools are here to teach and this sure is a very important life lesson. More schools should do this.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/teens/ci_5791673

Karren H
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Cool article!!! But I don't think the school got everyone to buy into it... And I seriously doubt that most of the non-bay area schools would even propose such a day...

We had a male elementary teacher's contract not renewed when he dressed enfemme for halloween... All the femal teachers dressed as "Men in black" so he came as "woman in black". Looked good too!! But some parents must have complained.... And the schook board reacted .....

Love Karren

susie evans
05-02-2007, 04:09 PM
the most people are one sided on this issue :sad:

susie

AllieSF
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I agree Karren. I am surprised that even one school attempted this. Maybe there will be some follow-up backlash from the parents and others that may or may not be written up in the press. Either way, I am happy they did it. We have already had too many TG murders and beatings here in the Bay Area. Education is the only way.

Kimberly
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
This was an excellent idea, and the journalist gave what I consider an exceptional view of the problems faced by us - who want to express ourselves, but fear oppression in all its forms.

With reference to the schools doing this sort of day -- I doubt many will be avid on doing it. Now, or in the future. xx

DawnL
05-02-2007, 05:43 PM
That was a great article. Hopefully someone learned something

AllieSF
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
The interesting thing about the well written article, is that it was written by the student!

Dixie
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh yes, fire the man in a dress, not the women in suits. Oh when will it ever end? What must we do to be free in a free country? When will these bonds be broken on the skirts of men?? When, When I ask????:heehee: