PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Lane Bryant

juliek
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I went to the Lane Bryant's in Tysons Corner, VA en drab this morning right when they opened. When I arrived at the store, a very nice sales assistance askd if I needed help and I told her I was just browsing. I then headed for the panties and bras.

I found a great pink Cacique bra and some black thigh highs. When I asked the SA if I could try the bra on, she thought I said I would take it. I told her I wanted to TRY it and she said absolutely. She then set me up a dressing room.

When I came out of the changing room, she asked how it fit. I told her it fit across the back, but I wanted to go with a bigger cup size. I had picked a B cup and looked for a C cup.

After trying the C cup, I was satisfied with the look and feel. I grabbed a pair of red panties and headed for the cash register. She asked me if I had seen the matching panties that went with the bra and I told her I didn't really like the way boy shorts fit me. She said she liked the way they fit her and thought I would enjoy wearing them.

I declined the matching pink panties and paid for my new stuff. She told me to have fun with my new outfit. I told her I was heading to my hotel to put them on right away. She told me that sounds like a fun time and to enjoy myself.

So here I am in my new stuff, just waiting for my late checkout before I head to the airport to head home.

What a great start to the day.

Love,
Julie

Talon DeRojo
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Julie - You're braver than me. I'm comfortable shopping, but I don't want to expose my desires by asking to try on something. Thanks for sharing.
Talon:happy:

MsJoann
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM
OMG....you got that kind of attention while in drab????????
How lucky you are!
You're cute too! Must be cute as a guy as well.

juliek
05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Ms. Joann,

I have found that if I am nice and don't act all squemish, the SAs are normally pretty helpful.

One time I told an SA I was just there to "look at your panties". She laughed and said, "ladies don't show their panties on purpose". Then when I was looking through the panties she mentioned that she had a pair the I was holding in my hand and I told her, "that I think you just showed me your panties". She smiled again and said, "but those aren't the ones I have on today". I bought that pair and she winked at me when I she handed me the bag.

Julie

joann07
05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I've never been to a Lane Bryant, yet, but I have shopped at Victoria's Secret a number of times in drab and the SAs are also courteous and helpful.
I've asked to use the dressing room to try on some panties, bras, and other lingere and not once have they had an issue.
I'm always nice and courteous to the sales staff and, every time I go, I dress nicely.
You'll be surprised at the reception you get if you just be yourself at these places.
I've gone so many times, that I'm no longer nervous anymore.

charlie-50
05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Lane bryant sounds like a very cd friendly place ill have to see if theres any in the san antonio area...cp...:D

Darlene Rochelle
05-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I have ALWAYS had a positive experience at Lane Bryant,they are very CD friendly,professional & courteous.:Party2:

Alice B
05-03-2007, 12:28 PM
That is a great story. I guess I'll also have to locate one in my area ans pay a visit.

joann07
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
WOO HOO! :jumping:
There's one here at the mall near me. I'm there!!!

Carin's Wife GG
05-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I called an upscale spa and inquired if they were TG friendly. after a little explaining the owner said *of course, no problem*. So Carin and I need to pick a day and do a girls day out. The owner of the spa put together a package for us that will take an entire day of being pampered and fussed over! I can't wait and I think Carin is looking forward to it too.

Louise.

atxpantyboy
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Lane bryant sounds like a very cd friendly place ill have to see if theres any in the san antonio area...cp...:D

I've shopped at the one at Ingram Park Mall many times. Very helpful and very CD-friendly.

Jodi
05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
I shop in drab frequently. I get that kind of excellent service everywhere I go. If you are confident, open and courteous with the SA's, you will get the same treatment in return.

Jodi

Raychel
05-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a great shopping trip. I have walked thru aLane Bryant once, but really didn't get to look around too much. Maybe someday.

charlie-50
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I've shopped at the one at Ingram Park Mall many times. Very helpful and very CD-friendly.

thanx for the info been in the mall may times never really noticed. i just might check it out this weekend...cp...:2c:

Robertacd
05-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I would also have to give a big:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to Lane Bryant.

I popped in a while back and it was really busy so I just grabbed a bra in my usal size. Well Cacique bras tend to run a little tight. So the next day I took it back.

They were not sobusy this time so I grabbed a few off te rack and asked if I could try them on. THe sales lady just smiled and said "No problem" and even offerd to do a fitting. I took her up on it and tried on a couple bras, got a replacement and another and some panties while I was at it.

DeeInGeorgia
05-03-2007, 08:36 PM
My local Lane Bryant recently remodeled, and now they have a big circular room with a circular couch in the middle and changing stalls lining the outside of the room. Previously, it had 4 stall kind of in the open and a seperate set of rooms in the back. The new arrangement seem a little less friendly for men trying on feminie things. I will have to try something on in the near future and see how I like the arrangement,

Dee

Billijo49504
05-04-2007, 12:08 AM
I've shopped at Lane Bryant Store in 8 states and that was dressed and in drab, I've always been treated very well. They appreciate our money and don't have a problem giving us service....BJ
ps. It is a corporate policy to treat everyone the same.

Angie G
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Shopping alway makes for a great day hun :hugs:
Angie

Sharon B.
05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Back in January I went into the local Lane Bryant one morning and was shopping in drab attire. As I was looking at some outfits the SA came up to me and asked what the woman was like that I was shopping for. Looked at her and said I was shopping for myself after find an outfit that I thought would fit she offer a dressing room to me to try the outfit on but I declined. Told her next time, but as of yet I haven't gone back in there. I am thinking one of these days going in there but carry a shopping bag with heels, purse with makeup and breast inserts, find an outfit try it on , if I like it buy it then asked to use dressing room one last time and walk out of there as a woman wearing my new outfit.

Dressing up
05-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I have never tried Lane Bryant because they are in malls and I don't feel as private in a mall. Maybe I should. My favorite place to shop is Dress Barn. I typically go between 10:30 - 11:30 on a weekday. There is harly anyone there then. But I can park in front for a few minutes to ork up the nerve although I am past that stage now. I have always been offered a dressing room, I do tell the SA I am shopping for myself. I find them to be very helpful but they don't have any talls. Does anyone know a good place to shop that could outfit my 6' 1" thin frame?

Darlene Rochelle
05-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Yes,go to Lane Bryant,they do have tall sizes.:2c:

tracie674
05-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I generally shop wearing all my femme underthings including breast forms and a bit of make-up with mens or unisex outer clothes. Almost any store where I've asked to try on dresses etc. are very accomadating. Once in a while I get a deer in the head lights look but after they realize I'm serious they let me try something on. Very seldom do they say no. Once I was in a store (can't remember the name) for the first time and was looking at dresses. The sales girl just asked if she could set up a dressing room for me. Now that's CD friendly service.

charlie-50
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM

they have one in southpark mall as well i was over there saterday checkin out black fly metamorphosis (getting some new metal t-shirts) and happened to notice they had a lane bryent poped in and got me some new panties...cp...:D

JoAnnDallas
05-10-2007, 12:40 PM
The last time I was in a VS store and I told the SA I was browsing for myself, she said to let her know if I need to try any thing on and she would set up a fitting room for me. I just love VS.

KimberlyS
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I have had nothing but good to great service at Lane Bryant both enfemme but mostly in male mode. And I have had no problems trying things on. The SA's are usually fairly talkative and seem to like to include customers that will join in.

Kinda of a fun and yet sad story. One time when in a LB store while I was browsing a gg came in who had this loud voice and very hard not to hear her. A friend of hers recommended the LB bras and she was there to try them. The way she said it was like her friend was making her come against her will. The SA, who was younger, like low to mid 20's, did the right thing and measured her followed by gal saying the size the SA recommended was wrong. The SA was very good and just said something like it was just a starting point. They then went to picking out several styles and and sizes with the customer making sure most were in the size she wanted which happened to be something like one band size smaller and one or two cups smaller from what I was trying to ignore. Well I had picked up two clearance tank tops and went up to pay. I love the LB tanks. The loud bra lady had started trying on. The one SA had her hands full with the bra lady and the other was helping other customers. I just waited patiently listening to the bra lady as it was hard not to. This one is too small, this one I can barely hook, I need a larger band size, the cups are too small, :Angry3: ,...... The SA asked her what type of bras she usually wore. I did not catch the brand, but after much back and forth, they were stretchy type of bras that allowed her fairly well endowed chest to bounce a fair amount when she walked. :eek: I am like too much information. The SA got her some different bras and by then the other SA was done helping other customers and came up to the counter apologizing for the wait. I told it was no problem and asked if all gals went through this buying bras. She said quite a few did with a questioning smile. As she was ringing up my tank tops, the bra lady continued, these were better, but still too snug around the middle, but not as tight as the other ones were, I think these may have been the ones the SA wanted to start with. The SA was being very professional and said something like "the band should be snug, but not tight to provide the best support" and the bra lady cuts her off saying that they were not as lose as her other bras were. :Angry3: As the SA asks if she can step in to check the fit, I whisper because her other bras were wore out or provided little support. The SA helping me heard and got this bigger smile grin on her face. I say, isn't it like 75 percent of woman are wearing the wrong sized bra? She says it is more like XXX, saying some much higher figure. I say "that high", as I am finishing up my purchase and head on to Torrid, 3 stores down. I tell the SA thanks and good luck, leaving the bra lady to the both of them. The SA says Thank you come again with a big smile and grin, which changes to a serious look as she is heading towards the bra lady and the other younger SA. I am glad they have the job of telling gals they are wearing the wrong size bra. I hear the bra lady talking until I am well out the door.