PDA

View Full Version : Name Changing what should I do?

Lisa Marie
05-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Girls I need your help. I've been thinking about changing my name. I named myself after my cousin who name would have been for me if Id been born a girl. But recently I dont feel to happy anymore with her name Angie. She let me down this past week by lying about several things and doing things that arent very right. Ive looked up to her alot thats why I chose her name Angie. What do you ladies think I should do? And how often do you change your name if you do? From a lady in need:(

Kate Simmons
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I've changed mine about 4 times Angie. Each change was a reflection of who I was in my personal evolution. The current one is permanent as this is the person I've decided I want to be.:happy:

rose382832
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
pick a name that is at the opposite end of the alphabet, like zena, or go somewhere in between like kirsten

Fab Karen
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Get a book on names ( even a book on finding a name for a baby will do ) & look through it, something will feel right to you. Find a name that you feel you'll stick with.

Shelly R
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Change your name as often as you need to, until you find a name suits you. I have gone through many names in my life, until I finally settled on Shelly. Keep looking till you are comfortable, it's not like you are issued only one chance at a name.
My dad just recently gave me my middle name, Jean. Now I will move to make this legally permanent, as Shelly Jean. Not many fathers get to name their child twice.
Baby book of names, phone book, why not just think about it, and play!

Holly
05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Angie, I suppose you can change your name as often as you like. But I feel the need to remind you that you are NOT your cousin and what she does is not a reflection on you. If you're otherwise happy with the name, stay with it. If not...

lindsaycd75
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
one thing to point out here. Take your time when picking one.

Lori SC
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Angie,

Go ahead and pick a new name for yourself, but choose one that you will keep for a long time. Why?

Because people get used to calling you by one name, and even years later, they will still be using the old name. It will take a long time for everyone to convert. We are creatures of habit.

Hugs, Lori

Lisa Baby
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
You might want to pick up a book that lists "baby" names and their meaning. Find a name that expresses who you wish to be, and that pleases the true you, and try it out for awhile. :2c:

You can, of course, change it again later if you decide it doesn't fit. That is one of the best things about this site. We get to express our selves freely without fear of people degradeing our inner selves. :happy:

Trial and error will lead you to the name that is you.

Lisa

Angie G
05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd say use mine but that won't work :hugs:
Angie

Sheri 4242
05-04-2007, 12:27 AM
What do you ladies think I should do? And how often do you change your name if you do?

From a very early age, my femme name just felt like it WAS me -- a true representation of my femme side. I have never changed it -- haven't even been tempted to do so. That said, I have used another name on one forum (not saying which one) b/c my wife and I had an initial, strong reluctance. This was b/c my wife had a very bad experience on one particular GG-only site that was 90% dedicated to CD-bashing (I'm NOT talking about the GG-only section of this site), so, we decided to "go slow" if we ever joined another forum. We both wanted a warm, caring, and empathetic forum -- one where we could share our experiences for the benefit of others and, at the same time, learn from others in a positive, enriching atmosphere. So, when I found a new forum and joined, I used a femme name other than the one I have always used since very young. Now, I guess I'm sort of stuck with that name on that forum. I'm sorry I did this now as it is very confusing at times.

Anyway, take all the time you need -- study "name list books" that tell you the meaning of names. You'll find one that will really feel right!

JennMW
05-04-2007, 01:24 AM
This link was posted on the forum before:

http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html

It's pretty cool!

Maureen Henley
05-04-2007, 06:19 AM
I would suggest taking some time and carefully thinking about what you would like for a new name. Think about the sound of it, what it means traditionally, and how it is perceived in contemporary society. Changing one's name is not a thing to be taken lightly, or done frequently.

I have had the same name since I began to accept myself as a CD. I do use an alias on a chat site, but only because I act much more uninhibited there.

Just remember that regardless of what you're called, you are still the person we enjoy here.

Lisa Marie
05-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Thank You ladies for your kind thoughts and words very much appreciated. :love:

trannie T
05-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I had no choice in the choice of my male name. I've gone through several female names before deciding on Judy, my fourth grade teacher. It's hard to choose a female name, it's good they're not on our birth certificates or other official documents so we can change them easily.