PDA

View Full Version : No Touching Up

Josi
05-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Looking younger.
Vanity - I suppose the reason why I had a recent photoshoot ... and showing off I suppose by posting the pics on the Photo Gallery.

However - with a fancy makeover, clever lighting and some careful editing, the pictures may be complimentary but are they honest?

I mean, perhaps just a pic, without the touching up, showing wrinkles and skintags .. but (still the makeup!) to show the real me.

So, here it is, an honest pic showing my age (56) - I am neither proud nor ashamed of my age .. but I suppose I want to look younger. However just being "me" isnt so bad I suppose?

Are you vain? Do you want to look younger? .. or is it just me! ;)

Brianna Lovely
05-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Would I like to look younger? YES!
Will I? I doubt it, giggle. So I'll just have to be my sixty year old self and look like me, ooops, a girl never tells her true age.......................
amend reply to read fifty years young, hee, hee.

You can look around and see some of my pics, basicly a little makeup and being myself. Though I would love to do a pro makeup and photo shoot, I think I'm too busy living my life, giggle.

PS: I think you look fine.

erickka
05-04-2007, 06:41 AM
I think we al want to retain our youth, but for me,that is the past. After 30 years of florida sun ( working outside) even with moderate care, my skin is really aged. I'm 45, and look much older, but as we all know, good makeup does wonders. Erickka

P.S. My wife has used the Avon Anew products for many years and they DO work VERY well. She looks at least 15 years younger than she really is.

MarinaTwelve200
05-04-2007, 07:31 AM
I dont know if I want to look younger---but that happens anyway---I naturally look younger dressed. Something about the muscle tension subconciously changes and most of my wrinkles dissapear. A great actors trick if one could learn to conciously control it.

My main concern is looking like a "real" female on my photos---I want to see what the fem version of ME looks like--or should look like. Now I HAVE altered some of my photos in the past, but fortunately nothing that would remove the "honesty" from them----Like move a lock of hair to hide an unattractive buldge on my neckline, remove a mole or two, shade under my chin a bit or add some blush, things I could have done LIVE, but missed before the photo session.

I would NEVER make changes like changing my jawline or nose---the results wouldnt be me, and the photo would be pointless.

In the last year or two though, I have not made ANY changes at all in my photos---I have simply learned to style my hair correctly and learned better photo lighting angles. and the like. I have even been able to use less make up---only lipstick and eyeliner in many cases. My photos look as good as ever without me having to change them any more.

In one month Ill be 58 and I can still look like a thirty something. Not bad:D

Dixie
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Would love to be a twenty something goth hussie, alas the time is well past for that:heehee:

MsPriscilla
05-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Honey you look great but yes, wouldnt we all love to be able to dress 20 year old again? sigh

Tamera
05-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi Josi,
Pictures are great. And yes, you do look younger by at least 6 years.

I too want the younger look,(20's would be nice), but I will just have to make do with what I can.

I guess thats one of the good things about coming out in your CD life at a younger age then most of us who are older.
LOL
Tamera

DeeInGeorgia
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
In my normal male mode, I look about 10 years younger than I am. This has been true my whole life, which made it had to find a wife. But when I dress enfemme, with my latest wig, I look my age. Go figure.

Dee

Angie G
05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I would be nice to look younger but I can't passand I'm happy with what I have I feel young and that what it all about :hugs:
Angie

Jodi
05-04-2007, 08:07 PM
A younger appearance can be maintained in a number of ways. One of the biggest ways is to maintain your weight at the proper range. A beergut is a sign of ageing in a male. Another is to do proper daily skincare. Another is to hide the gray hair.

I do all of these. I started getting my hair professionally colored by my stylist about 12 years ago. When the gray stared to appear, she said that was the time to start. I get the coloring done every six weeks. The secret is to get the coloring done professionally, don't do it yourself. Grecian formula is not as great as they advertise it to be. I started doing daily skin care about 8 years ago. I wish I had started much younger. I now get professional facials done once a month. I deep cleanse my skin daily and use body/face moisturizer twice a day. I also use sunscreen when outdoors. I get professional manicures and pedicures. I work hard to maintain my weight. I watch my diet and I exercise. I am able to maintain a 31" waist with no beer gut.

A younger appearance can be done, but it takes a lot of work. I am constantly mistaken for a guy in his early forties, when, in reality, I am an old dude on the shy side of 62.

Jodi