PDA

View Full Version : Blue Fog?

Holly
05-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Those of us on the MtF side often find ourselves immersed in the so-called "pink fog"... so caught up in our feminine identity that all we can hardly think about and talk about is girl stuff. It's almost like a consuming fire at times. I was just wondering it there is a corresponding "blue fog" to those who are FtM and how do you react to it?

Felix
05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi Holly good post! Yeah I have had the blue fog a few times. How do I deal with it? Well I suppose I have gone through a few changes in the last twelve months regarding my image. From andro to definitely more masculine. When I wanted to go from having boobs to having a more chest like appearance I talked to Yachica and to you peeps and thought about it and then just did it. The same for when I decided to go the full hog and present as male. Then the big one....Tucking my shirt in and p****** again I talked and thought and did it. Basically I've always done it like that or maybe thought talked and thought some more then did it xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
DEFINITION:- The pink fog (blue fog for FTMs) is the state of euphoria we experience when we take our gender expression to a new level. It's a dangerous time to make decisions, and yet a time when we most want to.

no i must admit ive been quite level headed up til now in this respect but i guess there is still time lol

Holly
05-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your thoughts on this. Kieron... you levelheaded? :shocked: (You know I love ya!)

Kieron Andrew
05-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Kieron... you levelheaded? :shocked: (You know I love ya!):tongueout .....yes i believe i have maintained a level head, many MTFs & FTMs who are wanting to either stretch boundaries or to even transition tend to rush into things head strong without thinking things through, because they fallen in this so called pink or blue fog, because this clouds any sensible judgment they might make.......I consider myself TS but one of the reasons i haven't started to transition yet is because so i dont want to fall into the blue fog theory thus effectively crashing and burning out too quick hence taking my time over each step one by one meticulously and carefully so as not to run away with ones self

PS:- loves you too :hugs:

mistunderstood
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes in the begining. I was so happy then after a few months reality set in and I had to look at the future. Now that a year has past I have come to the point that I want to change my sex totaly but I do not have the money to do much, so all that I can do is the dress the best I can.
Hope that answers your question.

happyfish
05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't think I've had the blue fog, really. I know it's going to take me so long to transition even if I decided I wanted to, that practical thoughts usually intrude on blue foggy ones. (Like the fact that I don't have a health card/plan).

Felix
05-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm so glad I have you all to talk to, to make sense of things and stop me from going into this blue fog. Thanx everyone :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xx Felix

Abraxas
05-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm more like Kieron and happyfish. For a while, when I first came out it was on my mind a lot, and I talked about it a lot, but never in a 'OMG I need to get on T RIGHT NOW' kind of way. I'm... pretty rational and pessimistic. :heehee:

Felix
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Errm don't mean I want to rush into such things as 't' just that when other issues get me down I like to come here. I have had that euphoric thing but soon snapped out of it as it is not a logical time and wrong decisions can be made so good job I can keep a level head too :heehee: xx Felix

Tristan
05-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I get in a blue fog once in a while, but I recongnize it for the most part for what it is and try to stay rational in my planning of things out, but as I tell my counselor all the time being patient is very difficult at times. It's going to be very hard to knowing that letter for my hormones will be there at the end of May and having to wait till I get stuff sorted in my life first. Patience, patience, patience. Don't they say something like all good things are worth waiting for?

Adam
05-06-2007, 05:29 PM
i guess your right when i first came out liveing full time almost 2 years ago but now it just feel the norm :D

At one time when i got Mr or sir i used to jump for joy but now its when i get Miss it feels strange and not right.
as for doing anything to fast no chance on the NHS but then thats a goood thing it gives my family time to get used to small slow changes :)

not sure i answered it right hope i understood the question ok

bi_weird
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Haha yes when I first started exploring this last summer I spent a lot of time prancing about my room in boys clothes when no one was around. Luckily I'm too much of a chicken s**t to make any choices without weeks of deliberation (seriously, took me like two weeks to decide to buy boys shorts) so I didn't do anything silly. Since then it's just been a mild "I LOVE BOY STUFF" every time I get something new. But I haven't made any big changes, so I spose it makes sense.

Wren
05-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Is there such a thing as Life fog? I live in a haze of it. I'm passionate and easily consumed by any topic or aspect of my life.

The blue fog though...

I'm more likely to start talking about anime than being FTM, and more likely to drop Emo into my sentence than anime. So as far as fogs go.. it's like 3rd or 4th on the list.. for now.. next week we'll see..

CaptLex
05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
DEFINITION:- The pink fog (blue fog for FTMs) is the state of euphoria we experience when we take our gender expression to a new level. It's a dangerous time to make decisions, and yet a time when we most want to.
I can relate to the euphoria (to a point), but mostly when I first realized my transness, I went back and forth between anxiety and denial for a little while. When I finally accepted it, I didn't go crazy buying tons of boys stuff (but I did enjoy shopping for them), but it was all I could think about, dream about, talk about for months on end. I drove everyone nuts and spent all the time online researching every little aspect of it, reading books about it, etc. One friend told me to slow down, but I felt like I had many years of catching up to do. I still think about it and talk about it daily, but I think I managed to involve myself in enough non-trans stuff now so that I'm not consumed by it anymore. :p

Lex
05-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah.
I get that whole, "Haha, this AWESOME," feeling every time I pass. And the whole obsession over it. But when you obsess, it doesn't feel like you're being natural. I kept analysing EVERYTHING I did, and doing, or not doing, things according to whether males/females would do such a thing. Very stupid of me.

Felix
05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey Captain I so know what ya mean, I don't think I even realized how much I talked or wanted to talk about it when I realized something big was going on with me. Now I try to wait till I'm asked unless I want advice on somethin xx Felix :hugs:

happyfish
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, I did get sort of obsessed with finding out info (didn't talk to anyone until about a month after I found out), but I get into obsessive info-gathering sprees over quite a few things, so doing the same thing about trans issues wasn't actually that different. Like, I was obsessed with therians for a couple months even though I was 99.99% sure I wasn't a therian. *shrugs* I just like to find information about stuff I think is interesting.

Nat
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I have a bit of blue fog, but I recon that's just an teenage thing, at least in part. Like happyfish, I get caught up in things every so often, I'll have weeks of being so deep into something I'll forget almost everything else, half the time that includes eating and basic things if I'm that interested in something.

Cai
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Well, I did get sort of obsessed with finding out info (didn't talk to anyone until about a month after I found out), but I get into obsessive info-gathering sprees over quite a few things, so doing the same thing about trans issues wasn't actually that different. Like, I was obsessed with therians for a couple months even though I was 99.99% sure I wasn't a therian. *shrugs* I just like to find information about stuff I think is interesting.

Hah, I do that too. I know so many random facts about different things I've been interested in (I know more about the US military than any sane person should).

But I think I've faced a little bit of blue fog myself. I mean, I'm not out to anyone - hell, I'm not even sure I'm out to myself really - but now that I've started facing this side of myself, I'm warping things to fit. My role models, my activities, things like that. I've even toned down the exciteable side of my personality to seem more masculine. Though now that I've done that, it's very liberating not to be happy all the time. Makes me wonder if it was actually my personality in the first place or just me playing a role.

Question Mark
05-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I can relate to the euphoria (to a point), but mostly when I first realized my transness, I went back and forth between anxiety and denial for a little while. When I finally accepted it, I didn't go crazy buying tons of boys stuff (but I did enjoy shopping for them), but it was all I could think about, dream about, talk about for months on end. I drove everyone nuts and spent all the time online researching every little aspect of it, reading books about it, etc. One friend told me to slow down, but I felt like I had many years of catching up to do. I still think about it and talk about it daily, but I think I managed to involve myself in enough non-trans stuff now so that I'm not consumed by it anymore. :p

Hehe, sounds familiar. I still research from time to time, but I think I know enough that I don't have to anymore. I only really think a lot about gender identity when other people challenge mine or my ideas on it.