PDA

View Full Version : What not to wear

Alicia_lynn419
05-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Has anyone seen the show on TLC called "What not to wear"? I think its great, and have gained some insights on what kinds of clothes wrk for different body styles... Wouldn't it be great if the had a "What not to wear for CDs/TVs, etc"????

GACountrygal
05-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I LOVE that show! Watch it every chance I get!!
Its definetaly helped me!!!

Nic

TxKimberly
05-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Has anyone seen the show on TLC called "What not to wear"? I think its great, and have gained some insights on what kinds of clothes wrk for different body styles... Wouldn't it be great if the had a "What not to wear for CDs/TVs, etc"????

My wife and I both watch it pretty often. I had the same thought - wouldn;t it be great if they did a TG?! I myself would refuse to participate though - they would throw everythng in my closet away over my dead body and after a bloody fight!
Kim

Phoebe Reece
05-06-2007, 10:39 PM
In September 2005 the "What Not To Wear" show had some of their people at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta. It just happened to be on a Saturday when our local Tri-Ess group was meeting. So, several of us CD's went there to see what was going on. A couple of the presenters were answering fashion questions from the crowd while most lined up to try out their famous 360 degree mirror and look at some of their computer displays that showed some of their fashion "rules". Myself and one of my CD friends made our way to the front and asked a few questions. When we first got to the microphone the guy had a kind of panicked look on his face, kind of like, What now... But when we asked ordinary fashion questions he relaxed and answered them just as he had been with the GG's. We spoke to him backstage later and he told us they didn't have any plans to do a show on crossdressing.
There is some more about this little adventure (including some pics) on this old thread at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14978

Stephenie S
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh, me too, me too. I really wish they could do a show for us! I have thought this for quite a while, but I guess it just ain't gonna happen.

Lovies,
Steph

Dixie
05-07-2007, 12:33 AM
It would be the sneek hit of the season if they did!

Deanna2
05-07-2007, 03:44 AM
I already know what I shouldn't wear and if I didn't wear it there would be no fun.

Karren H
05-07-2007, 04:06 AM
Used to watch WNTW all the time but haven't lately... Where do they get these people? Lol. I did learn a lot. My wife and I would watch it together even after she found out...............

They had a big end of year special program a few years ago where they talked about all the fashions and had people asking about different things.. And on comes theis girl... Nice makeup and hair and asks "how about fashion for girls like me?" In a husky male Broklyn accent.. Stacy and Clinton looked at each other with an"Ewwwww" look and shook their heads... Don't watch it much any more...

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Well, the first thing on Karren's list would be denim, right Karr?:happy:

MsJanessa
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Watch it all the time---I think Stacy is really hot--would love to take part in a TG makeover but wouldn't want them to throw all My leather away

daniella
05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I think Stacy is really hot -- <snip> -- want them to throw all My leather away

I agree on Stacy, Janessa. Losing any leather would be a crime. Besides most of my skirts look to good on me to throw away. All my GG's would be lining up to grab them out of the trash can ... :happy:

MsJanessa
05-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I agree on Stacy, Janessa. Losing any leather would be a crime. Besides most of my skirts look to good on me to throw away. All my GG's would be lining up to grab them out of the trash can ... :happy:

and Actually Mine look too good on Me to throw away--but some how that's what Stacy and Clinton always want their makeover victims to do.

susie evans
05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
a simple fix get a bigger closet they might come back in style are maby we will start a new trend :D

susie

Robertacd
05-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I prefer the origonal BBCA version myself. I do not really like the two people that do the TLC version.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/140/index.jsp

melissaabom
05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes , I have seen and love it !

I especially love the $5000.00 spending spree!

What a girl definetly wants $$ $$ Clothing and shopping

Melissa

Sonia_cd
05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Seen it, continue to watch it, and keep hoping everytime that they would do a similar show for CD's. Trouble is they would have a really hard time selecting CD's for the show. Whether we are fashion literate or not, we would all want to be on the show only to be pampered and dressed up, wouldn't we!! Be honest girls!:D

Sonia

NewBetty
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I used to watch this show w/ my wife often. They are great.
Am I the only one that sometimes likes the trampy-styled girls better in their
"before" wardrobes? (LOL)

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
They do have a show for crossdressers and ts it's called :what not to wear" and it's on the tlc. It's the same show and it's appropriate for us as well, at least I think it is. I watch it often and it gives me good advise, some of which I use and some I don't, isn't that how we all do things anyway? I wish they had a show where we could get the make-over or like the show they had a while back where the guys all had to dress like a woman for a month or so and whoever really assimialated into a woman the most convincingly they won a million dollars. I wish the heck that i could have been on that show because it was all on the pretense that these guys were all really macho and they were to get into the femine side to appreciate there wives more. they gave them all sorts of pampering and they did a lot of woman things out in public and it was just great to see how some of them transitioned. I am sure some of them were secretly loving the crossdressing but they were able to keep it a secret since the premise was to make it appear that they were not really into it.

Fab Karen
05-07-2007, 05:20 PM
First few episodes would deal with stuff like: brown/beige with silver ( side note: beige should have died in the 70's ), fuchsia with brown, black stockings with white heels, yellow with orange...
( another side note: anyone catch the nightmare outfit on Heather Mills on "dancing with the stars"? )