PDA

View Full Version : What is your ideal blend?

Nicole
05-07-2007, 12:08 AM
If there were no established societal guidelines about how to present yourself as a man or a woman, how would you present yourself? Assume that all of the men's and women's jackets, skirts, suits, heels, ties, belts, watches, basically everything is mixed together in the department store. No pressure to maintain any kind of "image" whatsoever. Everyone does their own thing. For example, guys with beards, long acrylic nails, and skirts would be commonplace. Or anything else you could imagine.

How would you dress?

crusadergirl
05-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I would just dress like a normal guy b/c nothin i would wear would stand out. Just kidding. I would wear mostly mini skirts and go out more as kirra and i wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Dixie
05-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Mini skirt for sure, tank top, Boots. Oh and fishnets or lace stockings!

miche_miche
05-07-2007, 12:35 AM
If there were no established societal guidelines about how to present yourself as a man or a woman . . .

How would you dress?

i'm wearing my favorite little black dress, kind of like the line drawing in my avatar, black stockings, nice panties and slip - some casual jewelry to add a dash of color - jade, ruby red, bright blue, or yellow - flat shoes, but pretty ones - and a contented smile - to be finally living in a world where i can be me!

kerrianna
05-07-2007, 12:36 AM
It would depend on my mood I guess. What would be nice is to not worry what I look like just how I feel. Somedays I would need more functional clothing, some days I could be more flirty.

I don't think I have one ultimate look. I guess because I am GM it might be easier to just have a more feminine male look most of the time - like ruffles and lace mixed with a more male style. Like a pirate shirt! :D

I'd like to wear whatever colours and patterns I liked too, without worrying about if people think I'm wacked or colour blind. :heehee: I guess I could do that anyway...I just have to get over myself and live the dream. :D

I'm already wearing bits and pieces of femme stuff with my 'drab' clothes. I prefer to call it gender blending rather than gender bending like some people call it. Gender bending sounds confrontational to me...and I'm doing for myself, not to make a point or challenge people's gender assumptions.

GACountrygal
05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
sweat pants, tank top, combat boots and ballcap :p :heehee:

Ok, sorry couldnt resist.

:p

Nic

Dixie
05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
:d :d :d

Veronica99
05-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I would wear skirts and probably high heels now and then. Then again, I'd probably just resort to my guy-mode type of dressing. On another note - I wouldn't get strange looks from the older folks about the length of my hair...

Lanore
05-07-2007, 04:04 AM
The same as I do now. Shorts and a Tshirt.

Lanore

Kate Simmons
05-07-2007, 04:09 AM
HMM--Sounds like a free for all Karen, can't have that now, can we? :raisedeyebrow: Like it or not, we depend on society telling us what we can and can't wear. Think about it. If there were no standards, none of us would be considered "special" because we are not rebelling against convention. If anything goes, how could we be distinct? It would certainly separate the boys from the girls as far as design preference. Still, I can't help but think if everyone was allowed to wear whatever they wanted whether it would be such a big deal any more.:happy:

Phyliss
05-07-2007, 04:13 AM
I'd be happy that I could FINALLY wear skirts in public and some nice blouses. Other than my usual "work shirt" I almost always wear "fem" clothes all day everyday. The problem is that "blue jeans" don't look girly , although they were purchased at Fashion Bug. By "girly" looking I mean I could wear a skirt and pretty blouse to work with NO COMMENT. (except for some people who just couldn't resist a peek when I'm on a ladder, tee hee).

Kelsy
05-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Blend?! There is very little fom the male wardeobe that I would care to wear. Sweat shirts maybe but I like pink:D If anything were allowed today I would wear my capris jeans and cap sleave Tee with my ballet flats. Makeup,
hair, and jewelry of course.:heehee:

Jennifer:happy:

Karren H
05-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Think I'd still do the all or nothing approach because its what I enjoy.. Just would do it more often.. Do not think I could all the time since it is a hastle sometimes... Don't know how some women do do it!! Lol . Ok maybe a skirt in normal mode......

Karren

Angie G
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Pantie bras skirts dresses hose heel polished nails my NEW PIERCED EARS tha i got done yesterday :hugs:
Angie

daniella
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
In public as a GM I wear skirts alot. But if society wouldn't get their "panties in a bunch" I start wearing more boots and heels as a male. I really like going out in femme wear with my male persona in tack as much as I like to do the transformation route and go out.

Mitch23
05-07-2007, 08:00 AM
If there were no established societal guidelines about how to present yourself as a man or a woman, how would you present yourself? Assume that all of the men's and women's jackets, skirts, suits, heels, ties, belts, watches, basically everything is mixed together in the department store. No pressure to maintain any kind of "image" whatsoever. Everyone does their own thing. For example, guys with beards, long acrylic nails, and skirts would be commonplace. Or anything else you could imagine.

How would you dress?
good question,

GGs are lucky to wear what they want when they want with few social constraints

depends on my mood. i might want to wear my short tight red rubber fetish dress with fishnets and heels or slob around in jeans and a t shirt

it would be great if we could just do it - no worries - no aggro

mitch

KimberlyS
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
If there were no established societal guidelines about how to present yourself as a man or a woman, how would you present yourself?

I would always present myself as my current male self. How I would dress would be similar to most current GG's but most likely a bit more feminine. I would wear little to no makeup and no wig. My clothing attire and jewelry would be dependent on my mood, weather, and tasks for the day. It would be a mix and match of masculine and feminine clothes. My under clothes are already a mix and match on a daily basis.

An average work day may be in casual to business casual attire of mostly skirts of knee length and longer to slacks and nice jeans, blouses to nice shirts, and flats to low heels. Most days already I wear casual flats.

Meetings with clients would be from slacks, shirt and tie, wingtips to skirt suit with medium heels with possible light makeup.

On weekends working around the house you may see me in a long jean skirt, steel toe work boots, tee or casual top, and ball cap. If I was working on a ladder the skirt would be jeans of course.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
The only time I would wear male clothes would be at work. To much of a distraction being en-femme while on the job. Outside of work I would be completely en-femme. Jocelyn

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-07-2007, 03:34 PM
If it were accepted to wear anything I wanted by societal standards I would wear my femm attire all the time out in public. It just feels better to me and thats what life is all about isn't it? I am a big nut for strappy sandal heels so I would wear them all the time even though it takes some getting used to but I just love them and would take my 40-50 pairs out of hiding and let the world see them all on a regular basis. I also am big on skirts and tight fitting camis so I would wear them often as well. Oh what a dream come true this would be!!!

JessiRed
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
To answer the question: anything I pleased, most likely skirts or short shorts in the summer and cute slacks and jeans in the winter. Accompanied by the cutest blouses and shirts I could find. :heehee:

Though, if societal standards were that different "Crossdressing" wouldn't exist.

kay_jessica
05-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Continue as I am - 100% woman

Ruth
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
This is kind of a trick question because it's society's constraints on clothing for the two genders that is behind our desire to cross over. I can't be sure but I think that in a society which didn't differentiate the genders by clothing, we'd be doing something else, whatever it might be that women had/did that was different from men. I'm right out of ideas as to what it might be though.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2007, 04:56 PM
That's what I mean Ruth. I'm my own person and I fully believe that, had I been born a genetic woman, I would no doubt a F T M CD because nobody can tell me what to wear. Heck, as Sal, I'm more of a tomboy than not anyway. In a completely unisex society, it would be tough to say the least but people like me would find a way to be an individual.;) :battingeyelashes:

Sapphire
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Most behaviour is rooted in some rationale and crossdressing is no exception.
If no dress code existed to differentiate male and female then crossdressing, as we know it, would make no sense. Similarly, if we belonged to a community where clothes were never worn, for whatever environmental or other reasons, then crossdressing would not be an option.

Crossdressing may have less to do with the clothes themselves than with a more deeply rooted need in some men to express a latent feminine side – a need that seems in most cases to coexist with strong heterosexual leanings.
The question posed by Karen is significant and thought provoking.

Toyah
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Most behaviour is rooted in some rationale and crossdressing is no exception.
If no dress code existed to differentiate male and female then crossdressing, as we know it, would make no sense. Similarly, if we belonged to a community where clothes were never worn, for whatever environmental or other reasons, then crossdressing would not be an option.

Crossdressing may have less to do with the clothes themselves than with a more deeply rooted need in some men to express a latent feminine side – a need that seems in most cases to coexist with strong heterosexual leanings.
The question posed by Karen is significant and thought provoking.

It may be true for some but phyco babble about expressing a feminine side dont wash with me I dress for the clothes and to be honest womens clothes look bloody stupid with a blokes head sticking out