PDA

View Full Version : Do the clothes make the woman?

mackertim
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi girls,

Do the clothes you wear determine the personality of your feminine self or do you feel that the clothes are just an expression of an already present feminine self, one that is defined regardless of what you wear. I ask this as when I have dressed I have found that I have a desire to act really ****ty and my thoughts are very sexual. I have only dressed up twice so perhaps my feminine personality has not found its footing and maybe I am only acting on sexual arousal. Do any of you think that the clothes you wear are a catalyst for how you act en femme. I have only worn a black latex mini dress and knee high boots and that has been only twice so far as I have just began and my feminine personality seems to mirror the tarty quality of the latex dress. Is this the beginning of my feminine personality or is it just the sexual aspect, does anybody have any thoughts?

Vallari
02-25-2005, 04:53 PM
From what I've learned about myself, the clothes don't control how I act or feel, rather, I use the clothes to help me act and feel.

In my expierence the type of feme clothes I wear play a part in determining how I feel like acting. In other words, casual pants and a top make for a casual, laid back attitude. I went to a pflag meeting in this form of dress. Sometimes if I feel like being tarty I'd wear something that would help me get into that mode of thinking, like a very short mini and a skimpy top.

Nyx
02-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi girls,

Do the clothes you wear determine the personality of your feminine self or do you feel that the clothes are just an expression of an already present feminine self, one that is defined regardless of what you wear. I ask this as when I have dressed I have found that I have a desire to act really ****ty and my thoughts are very sexual. I have only dressed up twice so perhaps my feminine personality has not found its footing and maybe I am only acting on sexual arousal. Do any of you think that the clothes you wear are a catalyst for how you act en femme. I have only worn a black latex mini dress and knee high boots and that has been only twice so far as I have just began and my feminine personality seems to mirror the tarty quality of the latex dress. Is this the beginning of my feminine personality or is it just the sexual aspect, does anybody have any thoughts?

Well. The clothes you describe are pretty hmm, explicit, so to say. So why did you choose to wear them in the first place? Most likely because its something you wanted to do, because it excited you. Its quite obvious that clothes can't really change you, unless you decide to allow yourself to be changed.

Rest assured, however, that its normal. I believe most people have a desire to be exhibitionist and "****ty" at some point... Its just not an aspect of our personality that we allow ourselves to express evertday. By wearing "****ty" clothes, you allow yourself to be a "****ty" person for a moment, and let it out.

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 05:51 PM
i thing clothes help you as your mood are as well,if you feel sultry or sexy youl find that sexy nighty or undergarment or fashion to make a state ment if you feel a like you want to be tamed maybe some lepard print i think it goes hand in hand with each other

Maddie Knight
02-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I choose clothes to match my fem personality. Maddie very much has her own personality and would not wear anything that didn't feel right. :)

celeste26
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM
My guess is that our "limits" are probably set by our mothers. I know that when I'm dressed I look very much like my mother (Oh God, help me) NO I dont mean that she is actually there but in a way what I think of my mother is reflected in the way I dress. (Remeber Hitchcock?) Too bad she was some repressed ice queen. Anyone else think about this?

ToniB
02-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Mackertim, you've only dresed twice, and you've already got a latex mini-dress and knee high boots! Wow, that's fast! I'd like to spend a day in your wardrobe in a couple of month's time!

Since I'm in the closet, and I dress primarily to turn myself on, I'm into silky and tight (the more restrictive, the better) sexy underclothes, black stockings, suspenders, basque/corset, etc. and the same apples to outer wear. Since I'm not going out, I like to wear my tightest skirt and top without worrying about attracting unwanted attention. So yes, when I want to be aroused, I wear the most erotic (to me) clothes I have, so my mood determines my clothes, not the other way round. I don't feel like wearing just ordinary female clothes, because I don't want to become a woman, but if I did venture out, that's what I'd want, to blend into the background.

Hope that all makes sense,
ToniB

Holly
02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
For me, the clothing that I wear are an extention of who I am and how I feel. If I feel flirtatious, I'll wear something provocative. If I have business to attend to, my dress will be more conservative. If I have things to do, I try and dress for comfort. I guess the short answer is that my mood and circumstances determine my dress. The dressing does't dictate the mood.

sherri
02-25-2005, 08:46 PM
My guess is that our "limits" are probably set by our mothers.
Emphatically not relevant in my case.

Wendy me
02-25-2005, 09:58 PM
my fen side is always on in some way....the way i dress her well that depends on what mood i am in . although i would still be wendy if i did not dress .........wendy would be a lot less happer..........

Stacy3595
02-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Do clothes make the woman ?

I think they do to some limited extent.

Let me try to explain my theory, when you wear '****ty' clothes you feel like being more ****ty in some ways, but when your wearing a business suit or a jogging suit, you might act some what more professional; But mostly I'd say that it varries from woman to woman, person to person what ever.

But all I can say is this - Be your self, have fun and use common sense.

stefanie
02-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I think what we wear is certainly an extension of what we want others to percieve of us. Its a natural expression of our personalities for any gender (assuming you have a choice of what to wear). When we want to feel sexy, we may wear something more seductive or simply more colorful to attract attention...it may not even be external...just a simple sexy lace panty. I believe even our body language and posture will send signals of our confidence, comfort and intentions.

Tristen Cox
02-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Do the clothes you wear determine the personality of your feminine self

The clothes you wear determine who 'others' see your feminine self. A personality is not something you wear. For instance if you feel like a ****ty girl, the clothes you wear could be completely opposite and not change
that feeling.

I ask this as when I have dressed I have found that I have a desire to act really ****ty and my thoughts are very sexual. I have only dressed up twice so perhaps my feminine personality has not found its footing and maybe I am only acting on sexual arousal.

This may be the outlet you are now using for sexual release however, it may become an outlet of inner release for you too, only time will tell. Presently your feminine side has not had the chance to settle on any terms so take your time exploring this 'other' self.

Do any of you think that the clothes you wear are a catalyst for how you act en femme

For some yes, whether this is the case for you is too soon to properly determine. Your girl self needs time to grow just as you did as a child. If she is just emerging now, then she is young and blank. You have the opportunaty to create her as you go.

I have only worn a black latex mini dress and knee high boots and that has been only twice so far as I have just began and my feminine personality seems to mirror the tarty quality of the latex dress. Is this the beginning of my feminine personality or is it just the sexual aspect

Certain apparel may infact make you feel more sexual than others. See what plain womens clothing(nothing tight) and female sneakers(for instance) do for you. Is all that still generating sexual desires?

Hope that is of some help to you.

Love
Tristen

Shining Star
02-26-2005, 03:19 AM
YES you are not quite fem if you dont have the clothes to show it

satin-sarina
02-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Since as early as I can remember, silk & satin has always made me go all a quiver (if you get my meaning) ;) Also bearing in mind next to no-one knows I dress, I dress for sexual reasons. As all my femme clothes are silk satin, even when I'm not feeling entirely sexy, I will put on my sexiest silky lingerie with some stockings & spendys, a lovely silk satin blouse & skirt, high heels. It soon gets me all worked up.

So I guess in my case, my clothes are an expression of my femme self. I guess it also means i'm a bit of a office **** aswell ;)

Ohh well, I thought I'd be an elegant lady instead...Never mind. At the end of the day, it's about loving yourself for who you are, not for what others would choose to make you.

Follow your heart & always be true to yourself, you won't go far wrong.

Love

Satin Sarina

xxxxsatinxxxx