PDA

View Full Version : Telling the kids

Sheila
05-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks to a wonderful couple on this forum we are several steps closer to telling at least two of our kids about Claire Jane.

We met with them for the second time in 6 months, had a hilarious (very late night out on Fri), they came to pick us up at home on Sat morning, and came in for a cuppa, before going out with us for the day. Prior to their arrival we decided to tell all 3 kids, that one of the friends we were going out with is a crossdresser and would be in fem clothes (sorry am trying to be discreet here and not reveal names without their permission).

Daughter was so cool about it (she is 21), youngest just asked if she is a Transvestite and does she sit to pee :eek: apart from that he was totally unfazed about it (he is 10 by the way)......... had to be totally honest here and say don't know haven't shared a cubicle with her :D

Eldest(male 23yrs), who we are anticipating trouble with over revealing DH's dressing, at least did not act like the pratt he can be, as we have had no time over the last few days to talk to him ,but we are expecting some antagonistic questions from him in the near future.

We are hoping to tell the daughter and youngest about Claire in the next week or two ........... that may be delayed as Daughter is due to give birth to our 2nd grandchild any time now (due in 10 days) and if things go well also the eldest son :eek: :D (that is the scarey one)

Thankyou both you are amazing peeps:hugs:

Dixie
05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I could never tell my kids, well atleast not yet. My oldest would weird and that would be it, but the two little ones would be nonstop questions about why, and probably teel others. Oldest will be twelve in a few days, the other two are six and four.

Shelly Preston
05-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi Jess

I hope it all goes well it would be so nice if all the kids were so understanding

I wish you both the best of luck when telling them

katia
05-07-2007, 09:12 AM
The thought of telling my teenagers would fill me with dread ,my son (15)saw me try on a pair of sunglasses which turned out to be womens( by accident ) and has never let me live it down. :o
My daughter 19 would go of in one of her moods and never talk to me again:(
Kids huh
Good luck with telling yours :hugs:

kimberly_f37
05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
All of my Kids and grand kids knows about me and to tell you all there wasn't much questions about it !!
My oldest kids just laugh alittle and was ok with it, my daughter though has seen me dressed up a few time and always whistle at me which she has always made me feel good about myself alot and she has also gave me some of her clothing that she can't wear anymore due to getting small and some of those are to small for me too and some can be new with tags..

My son he has some CD in him and he has hide it very well in the past and as of today he don't do anything like that because of his girlfriend and his kids and he is still young though 29yrs of age so he might come out later.. I have read that some CD have come out when there older..

My grand kids all know and the oldest granddaughter has dressed up with me lots when she was 10 and even younger now we don't, due to she is getting older and hardly around on the week ends anymore.. She has school and time is fragile around here for school for her.

Although telling kids and friends can be easy but sweaty and finding the right ways is the HARDEST and some times it can go easy if there was a program on the TV about CD,TV,TS,TG, and see how they act. and proceeded to tell..
I am not saying it be easy but it might help!!!

Have A Great Day Girls :hugs:

Kim

Sandra
05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
It was great to meet up again Jess and we both hope it does go well when your kids are told.

Daintre
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Jess, I take my hat off to you, telling your kids has got to be nerve wracking. I agonized over how to tell my son, and before I got the nerve, I found that he had gone through all of Jenni's things. It was a lot easier after I knew that. He is totally accepting and although he did not tell me, I found out he is crossdressing also.

suzanne
05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I am out only to my wife, who is somewhat supportive of me, but still quite traditional. It seems like I have been introducing her to the 21st century in a lot of different areas besides CDing. She is dead set against our two kids, 23 and 19, finding out about me, so I don't push the point.

Nonetheless, my daughter has caught some clues she may have assembled into an alternate view of me. She once spotted my long black faux fur coat, which nicely compliments my LBD, flopped over the sofa, and immediately asked, "Whose is this?" Not wanting to lie to her, and since she would be less unreceptive to a CD than her older brother, I told her straight out, "It's mine".

"NOOOOOOOOO, really. Whose is it?"
"Really. It's mine"
"OK, forget it if you don't want to be straight with me"

End of conversation, and my coat stays in the closet when I'm not wearing it.