PDA

View Full Version : Purging - Photos, That Is....

Eva Diva
05-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I've been saving most of the pics I've shot of myself, choosing some for cropping and sharing, and just leaving the rest in folders. Just last week, I got itchy to look in the earlier folders :eek: What impressed me at the time just doesn't cut it any more. As I've gone from leg shots to full pics, I've grown hyper-critical. If it's not at least borderline presentable, I don't want to look at it. So.... away they go :evilbegon

Anyone else gone from grateful to fussy? I'm still far from satisfied with how I look even at my best, but I've definitely become vain about my femme appearance. It's funny, because as a guy I'm totally OK with being ordinary looking on my best day. :D Once the wig goes on, looks mean everything. :bonk:

Lisa Golightly
05-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Not really... I still have lots of my old photos... The fashions are a bit iffy, and the big 80's hair is sooooooooooooo OMG!!! :)

Jennifer_G
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I like to keep all of my photos even the scary ones!!!!
They chart my journey even the bad ones!!

Digital pics take no space as such so I just burn them to disc. I might want to have a look at the bad ones at some time in the future.

Priscilla Ann
05-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I personally like to keep old pictures on CDs. They are good for a laugh years later.

Alice Torn
05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I threw out hundreds of my first years pics, and many were great, but, I simply had too many around, and if the dog, or right person spread them around, I would be outed. I now have hundreds more. I keep some of the worst ones, mainly back shots, to remind me, thaT i WON'T ALWAYS PASS. The back pics, show my broad shoulders, muscular upper arms, reminding me, that it is hard for a guy, like me, to pass ever!! The ones where i look the best, are sitting pics, and standing ones, from a side angle, or slight angle. Straight fronts, or backsides, show my broad shoulders, out me. I am very shy about going out much. At six foot six, without heels, I draw almost everyone's attention. So, keeping the lousy pics, keeps me in reality some!

kay_jessica
05-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I like to keep all of my photos even the scary ones!!!!
They chart my journey even the bad ones!!..........................

Totatly agree. It kind of gives me confidence in myself as Kay when i look at older stuff.

Ellie
05-07-2007, 11:52 AM
I completely understand Eva, and I too have become a believer in the idea that life is far too short to have bad pictures of myself esp. en femme!

So purge away!

Violetgray
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah...

Pics that I thought were great at the time are sub-par now... I shudder to think what the rejects from back then looked like... some I've kept though, as even though they re not as good as now, they're good enough to retain for history's sake...

Kate Simmons
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I know what you are saying Eva but I also agree that it's a chart of sorts of your progress. Before I started getting serious about this, I looked like a real bowser. Still, I keep those pics around because I take pics for self critiquing mostly and not for showing around. As far as my avatar pics, I don't always put the best ones on there really but do it mainly to show my different looks as I personally have a lot of fun with it. BTW, I thought your recent pics looked great.:thumbsup: :happy: Sal

cindybarnes
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Im the same way Eva, sometimes I see a older pic and ask why did I keep that ??
I do save most of my old pics but no reason to save 6 or 8 similar bad shots when 1 is plenty :)
Cindy

Opie!
05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
All my life, I have never cared what I looked like, deep down I always felt that if I couldn't be pretty, I didn't much care to be handsome either, so it really didn't matter. However I recent got my first makeover, and bought makeup to do it myself, afterwards I had my friend take some pics of me... I thought I looked pretty good in the mirror, but the pictures... remind me of Rocky Horror Picture show. X_X I deleted them all. Gone Gone Gone. I don't much care to have pictures to remind me of what is obviously every time I use the restroom.

Eva Diva
05-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I had a great day at the thrift stores today, and I was thinking about something that may be related. I've always been happiest in jeans and sneakers. I haven't worn a tie since the last wake I went to, and I've never had any interest in looking good in clothes. Now, as I go through the skirt rack, I'm super-critical. Wrong color, lousy material, poor cut, too heavy.... I've changed from uninterested to fashionista! The more I dress, the better I want to look. Or at least the less I'm willing to settle for.