stellatoo
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-walk-in-high-heels

Stella

KrazyKat
05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Ok, it's exactly as I told Karen when she started!!:D

Heel to toe, and the stairs thingy, yes, always walk with foot to an angle, gives you more solid ground to plant your foot upon!!

Where do you get a hunk like that to pick you up? And why would you, :heehee: I'd be scrambling to get down, lol!! Not too submissive, am I?!

Sonia_cd
05-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I waaaant those heels and that dress!!!!!! waaaaah!!!! I want I want!!!!! they are just so gorgeous.

sniff...sniff..sob sob sob!!!

Sonia

Barb Valentine
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Very interesting
Some things I knew some things I learned
Thank for sharing :happy:

marie354
05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Going down stairs in heels is tough.

In normal walking though, I walk more flat-footed rather than heel-toe. It's easier for me to do naturally. All you hear is the click-click-click anyway, and it looks (and feels) fine.
:hugs:

Joy Carter
05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Learned allot from that clip. That model was one little cutie though.:D

GACountrygal
05-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Hmm, interesting link, thank for sharing.
I'll have to use that to practice so I dont kill myself when I wear heels to a wedding next month. :heehee:
Nic

rose382832
05-08-2007, 12:47 AM
love the shoes and i think that anyone knows better than heels in grass but thanks for sharing will try the other tips.

Kate Simmons
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
How to walk in heels? Two words--very carefully! Now, dancing in them--that's another whole nother critter altogether!:heehee:

Laurie909
05-08-2007, 02:11 AM
That was funny and a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'd have to say.

Kate Simmons
05-08-2007, 02:17 AM
That was funny and a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'd have to say.Who. me Laurie?:heehee:

Eva Diva
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Last Thursday was my regular dressing night. I happened to put my heels on before I finished with my makeup. I was finishing up and getting my wig on, when I suddenly realized I had been walking around the house for 15 minutes in the heels without thinking about it. That included going out to the kitchen, answering the phone, setting up the camera tripod, etc. It just seemed to be totally natural to walk in 3 1/2 heels. Now that's progress! :D

Michelle 51
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Learned allot from that clip. That model was one little cutie though.:D

Yeah wouldn't we all love to look like that when we dress Justabit

Janice Ashton
05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I found the make-up tips very good, I now know where I have been going wrong?? Blending is the answer and not as in my case applying with a trowel :o

LindaTS
05-08-2007, 02:18 PM
That was a very good vid. I'm one of those who wear heels every day and I seem to be doing it right. But stairs? I try to avoid those at all cost.

TGKrissyCD
05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe some what off topic, but when I first started to lean how to walk in high heels I worked up to five inch heels. I just had to have a pair of stiletto heels. I finally found one I could afford. They had steel tips on the heel. Well, to get to the quick, my kitchen and bath had vinyl tile floors. I had a major plumbing problem and my landlord came over after the plumber had left to chek on the work. We were both down on our knees looking under the kitchen sink, when he noted the tile looked pock marked. I quickly replied it was the plumber, he wore hobnailed shoes. Smile!

JamieTV
05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I have never seen that, its really good.

BLACK STOCKINGS
05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I only have 4 pairs of shoes with 4" heels. I wear them when i am going dancing or going to be on my feet for more than 4-5 hours. The rest of my shoes are 5" or higher which i wear if i am out but not dancing. Most of the time i have 5" heels on. anything less than 4" feels like slippers to me.

Walking is no problem in any hight that i have but stairs anything over 5" can be a problem.

charlie-50
05-08-2007, 07:41 PM
great little clip. meow indeed ha ha ha i love it...cp...:heehee:

soccervixen
05-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Pretty good. I don't like walking to the basement in my heels, but I have 5 pair now (and growing soon!), so when I have the chance I wear them all over the house. Can't have enough heels!

Laurie909
05-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Who. me Laurie?

I meant the video!

Paulacder
05-09-2007, 05:56 AM
Cute video, cute girl, cute heels, O yes, cute guy. I better stop while I'm ahead. I agree with you Marie, I have always ben told and have always walked flat footed, especially in 4" or 5" inch Heels. Putting your heel down first can be trouble. :2c:

Remember: Keep Your Knees Together Sweetie,

Sophia_cd
05-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Maybe some what off topic, but when I first started to lean how to walk in high heels I worked up to five inch heels. I just had to have a pair of stiletto heels. I finally found one I could afford. They had steel tips on the heel. Well, to get to the quick, my kitchen and bath had vinyl tile floors.

I had a pair like that, 5 in heels with steel tips. First pair of stilettos I owned. Needless to say our bathroom floor has a bunch of little circle impressions.

Angie G
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Just watched it thank you I liked it :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
05-09-2007, 12:43 PM
I have both 3" and 3.5" heels and at first I was walking by placing the ball of my foot down first then the heel. I soon found that it was not compy and had a bad time walking, so I switched to heel first then ball of foot. I quickly found that it was a lot more compy and was a lot easier walking. I did notice I had to shift my weight differently by not putting all my weight onto the heel inself. It does take a little getting used to but with practice it does get better. I too noticed that standing tall helps and it does arch you back some, casuses your rear end to stick out more, and does cause your hips to wiggle a lot more. I have been able to not only walk more compy in high heels, but put a little more wiggle in my hips too. Then too, the click...click....click of high heels as you walk is SSSSOOOOOOO sexy sounding.

Sam-antha
05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
JoAnn, here is the reason why your posture gets itself to feel changed. It is changed.
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2007/05/07/GR2007050700484.jpg

~Samm

Rachel_CDS
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Personally I have never had any problem walking in heels! Does that make me a real girl?

JoAnnDallas
05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Walking in high heels also makes your legs look a lot better and more fem.

Sam-antha
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
If, when going down the stairs there is a rail handy and you feel you nee to use it, do you point your toes out from the rail, both sets ?

JoAnnDallas
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I would say, it does not matter if there is a hand rail or not. You always walk down a stairway with your feet partly sideways, if in heels. If there is a hand rail, then lightly hold on to it. If not then use your hands to lightly brace yourself by using the walls.

carolinewalker_2000
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I agree; stairs and heels just don't mix!

charlie-50
05-09-2007, 09:31 PM

tell me about it. i rolled my ankle a couple of weeks ago cumin down my stairs. couldnt ware nothin but 3 inch heels for about 2 weeks (bummer)...cp...:love:

Candy Heels
05-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I would say that walking in high heels is more of a choice than a talent. What I am saying is that those of us that prefer high heels to low shoes, make a choice to deal with the restrictions and maybe some discomfort because our heels make us feel both more feminine and more attractive.:2c:

Mitch23
05-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-walk-in-high-heels

Stella
also some great stuff on makeup - just realised how much ive got to learn if im going to stop looking like an escaped panda and hiding behind my sunglasses to correct my mistakes!

mitch

mysteryhorn57
05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
There is a book entitled "How to Walk in High Heels" by Camilla Morton. I think the video is based on a portion of this book. It is VERY British...there are words like "whilst" and "tights" (instead of "pantyhose").
I bought the book in a card store last week.
I am starting out at 6'3", so usually don't go higher than about a 3" heel.
Many years ago, when I first started dressing I went to a GG "consultant". I wanted to learn about make up, deportment, and basically how to create a more femme appearance.
She had me walk TOE-HEEL, TOE-HEEL, explaining that men walk HEEL-TOE, HEEL-TOE. This was not related to high heels, I just wondered if anyone else had heard of this.
:2c:

Eva Diva
05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Toe-heel gives you a "prancing" gait - it's not natural to women, but it does come naturally to me in heels. It might be a good thing to do as an exercise to get you out of "guy"-walking, but you're going to have to go heel-toe eventually to look natural. I think of toe-heel as my stripper-walk. :D

Eva Diva
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM

I just did stairs for the first time in heels. I decided to shoot pics in the cellar, so I ended up going up and down many times. I have to say, it was no problem. Going up, just walk on the balls of your feet - the heels don't touch the ground. Going down, take the stairs at a 45 degree angle - half-sideways. Both heel and toe land on each stair. Down is a little awkward and not exactly graceful, but it's not unsafe. At least not in a 3 1/2 inch heel.

faltenrock
05-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks for shaing this - what a funny and fantastic video.

Doreen

Tamera
05-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Nice Link...

When I walk down stairs, I'll sometimes put my foot sideways so my whole foot is on the step.

I also look for the most heel, I don't get the stilletto type.

I also get shoes that have a backstrap on them that goes over the ankle. Not ones that your foot just slides in. You usually have to walk in a slide motion to keep those on and many times it has that CLOMP, CLOMP sound. Man I hate that.

And of course since I'm already 5'11" I don't need 6" heels.

LOL
Tamera

MistyCD
05-18-2007, 08:28 PM
She had me walk TOE-HEEL, TOE-HEEL, explaining that men walk HEEL-TOE, HEEL-TOE. This was not related to high heels, I just wondered if anyone else had heard of this.
:2c:[/QUOTE]

YES, I was always told to walk toe-heel as the proper method of walking in heels, But I have seen GG's walking Heel Toe. Does that mean they don't know how to walk in heels? Or are they trying to walk like men???:2c:

hugs Misty

Eva Diva
05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Heel-toe is the natural way to walk. It's also harder in heels. The reason is that the balls of your feet provide much more support than the tip of a high heel. So when you start wearing heels, it's easy to fall into the toe-first method. To walk properly though, you really need to get used to coming down on the heel first, and moving on to the balls of your feet quickly. It's harder in the beginning, but better in the long run. If you spent a few hours extending your foot to touch the ground with the front of your shoe first, it would probably start bothering you.

scarlet
05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Iv'e alaways liked high heels and never had a problem walking in them. But last fall at work I fell 40 ft Ishatterd both ankles my pelvis and broke my back in 2 places. I'm still struggling just to be able to walkat all I tried on one of my moderate pairs of heels and Its just not happening. I cant even stand still wearing heels. I sure hope eventually I'm able to wear them again or life is gonna really suck:(:(

stellatoo
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.heeldirectory.com/how-to-walk-in-high-heels.html

Robin Leigh
06-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Wearing heels shouldn't be painful. If it is, you're overdoing it. And you need to do more balancing & stretching exercises. They really do help.

I think this link has already been posted in this thread, but just in case,

http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm

Robin

Sam-antha
06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Heel and toe keeps the steps small and fast and the sounds track on.Sorry about your accident Scarlet... take your time, your body will take its time too, but the day will come, low heels and later the high of hi ones.
~Samm

Fab Karen
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
How to walk in heels? Two words--very carefully! Now, dancing in them--that's another whole nother critter altogether!:heehee:
When you can dance in heels- cardio, move your ass real dancing, you have graduated.:happy:

TxKimberly
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I never understood the whole thing where people act like it was so hard to learn how to walk in heels. I don't ever recall it feeling in any way difficult.

Kim

Seville
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I was taught that heel-toe was correct, and that
the heel is only a "prop", no weight should be put on it.

Miss Terr
06-02-2007, 12:01 AM
In my day we didnt have any stinkin videos, Ya just walked. and walked some more.

Seriously I took to heels like a duck to water.

Ekatcha
06-02-2007, 12:43 AM
In my day we didnt have any stinkin videos, Ya just walked. and walked some more.

Seriously I took to heels like a duck to water.

Uphill, both ways, in 10 foot snow drifts? Yeah, me to. '-) Seriously though, I guess I've been wearing heels of various lengths long enough that I just don't think about it anymore. Am I natural at it? Maybe not... but it's comfortable.

The video was cute too. =)

Audrey34
06-02-2007, 01:00 AM
That video was so cute! I really loved watching it. I fell in love with that lady and wished I was her gentleman friend who was giving her a helping hand. Ah well. I can walk just fine if the heels of my shoes are in a "block" style. But I cannot walk on narrow stilletto heels at all!
-Audrey

Laurie909
06-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I never understood the whole thing where people act like it was so hard to learn how to walk in heels. I don't ever recall it feeling in any way difficult.

For me it was a lot easier than learning how to swim or ride a bicycle.

KarenMichelleLuv
06-02-2007, 02:38 AM
I still remember learning how walk in high heels 33 years ago when there were no books on the subject. [Note: I'm sure there were, but I wasn't finding them in my local Thrifty's Drug Store and the Internet had not been invented yet!]. I watched mature women at upscale department stores for guidance.

I tell ya, owning a pair of high heels in the 70's was a rare thing in Southern California...especially if you were of the male persuasion. I still love them today and how they make me feel when out and about. I enjoy 4-1/2" high heels as my standard glamor walking fare.

stellatoo
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.tgirls.net/HiHeelHell.jpg

Holly2
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
For me it was a lot easier than learning how to swim or ride a bicycle.

Yes i would agree only because in my younger days as a true life/drugstore cowboy I had 3" heels on 1 pair of my boots, so walking in high heels came easy for me....

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I must have always walked on my toes! Because when it came time to walk in heels ,it was a natural!!!:happy:

Jennifer

Wendy me
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Kim

yes lol never was taught how to walk in heels lol just did it .... after all back then who or were could you go to find out .... just do it .... and silly rules like stairs pointing toes sideways lol i can run up and down three sets of stairs with a full basket of laundry .......