PDA

View Full Version : My first time shopping with a GG (Long Story)

Tess Myers
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey Ladies! This is the story about me going shopping with a GG. This happened very recently, last Friday, and I couldn't be happier! Just so you know Kirstyn isn't my biological sister, but a sister of one of my best friends.

I have discovered a new love. Clothes! I used to despise clothes shopping. I also used to despise having pictures taken of me. This is because I didn't feel comfortable in my skin. That all changed when I went shopping with Kirstyn. So here's how the story goes. I was finally ready to expand my wardrobe. I called Kirstyn and asked her to go clothes shopping with me. Kirstyn was very excited to go as was I, but I didn't show it because I was nervous. I had never gone to a department store to shop for clothes that would show off a lot more of my body than what I was used to and was not made for my particular gender.

When we got to the store Kirstyn was like my Sherpa, guiding me through the clothing isles and throwing outfits at me like she was cutting a path threw the jungle with a machete. She asked me questions like whether I thought this was cute or what colors I like. I quietly answered her yes, no, blue, green. While I was laconic on the outside I was ecstatic in my mind. I was so happy to finally be able to do, look, and feel like my true self. Then came the moment of truth; actually trying on the clothes in the changing room. I followed my Sherpa to the changing rooms and shyly asked the lady monitoring them for entrance.

Once in I quickly stripped off all my clothes and tried on my first pair of women’s jeans. They felt perfect! I never realized how wonderful women’s jeans fit on me. The jeans were lighter in color, those pre-faded types that are all over the place now. So I put on a brown top with short sleeves and looked in the mirror. I couldn’t help thinking as I looked at my reflection that I looked so cute! After looking in the mirror admiring how well the jeans accentuated my butt, I stepped outside to let Kirstyn see. My nerves were starting to creep up on me as I opened the door. Thoughts from earlier crept into my mind. “What if there are people out there?” What would they think if they saw a guy come out of the dressing room with women’s clothes on?” “Would they sneer?” “Would they make jokes?” Before when we were shopping it just looked like I was Kirstyn’s pack mule. Hauling around all of her clothes as they come flying at me. However, now there’d be no denying that I was a cross dresser to anyone who was outside those rooms waiting for their friends/family to come out of the other rooms. Finally I open the door and look out to see Kirstyn smiling at me, and an older woman pushing her shopping cart not far behind her. At first I smiled at Kirstyn then I saw the woman with the cart behind her I and my smile quickly faded. She was looking directly at me with a mask of confusion over her face. I was sweating now almost to the point of shaking. Terrified at the idea of being judged by someone else I could not look away. I saw as her eyes went down from mine all the way past my shirt and jeans to my socks and back up again. By the time she met my eyes again she had a smile on her face. I smiled back as best I could, being so nervous, and she continued on her way. I let out a sigh of relief and I hear Kirstyn say “You look so cute!” My face turned bright red at the compliment. No one had ever said that to me when I actually had felt it myself. With a little more confidence now I step farther out of the dressing room and do a little twirl to show off my butt and go right back into the room. Now I had some confidence. Not complete confidence, but more confidence.

After trying on all of the outfits Kirstyn and I went to find shoes, but they didn’t have anything in my size so we went to the self-checkout lanes. As I scanned the pile of clothes and stuck them in the bag I noticed that almost all of them were on sale! I hadn’t even been paying attention to the prices, but Kirstyn had. Once I had rang them all up I was amazed at how little I was paying for so much! I paid for my purchase and off we were to find shoes!

Kirstyn and I decided to go to T.J. Maxx. They had some really cute shoes there, but none of them were in my size. So we finally ended up at Nordstrom Rack where they had a cute pair of black heel boots with pointed toes and in my size! The sticker price said $37 for the pair, but I figured it was my first pair of heels so why not? Well for those of you who don’t know at Nordstrom Rack they put one shoe on the shelf and you have to go to another part of the store where they keep the other shoe in the warehouse. After we got the second shoe we got in line at the checkout stand. While standing there I started to examine my new shoes. I was amazed, Kirstyn had done it again! On the second shoe, the one we had to pick up from the warehouse, there was another price tag but it had a %35 off sticker! So the shoes I thought would be $37 were actually $24! I showed Kirstyn and you think she’d just scored the winning touchdown at her high school football game. I was stunned! Kirstyn is the Clothes Whisperer! She can walk through any store and the clothes speak to her, saying “I’m on sale!” I paid for the shoes and we left to go home.

I was so excited to finally have started my new wardrobe! Now I can’t wait to have pictures taken of me! I feel so much more confident. I couldn’t wait to wear every piece of clothing I had bought. Although heels are tougher to wear than I had ever imagined! Kirstyn you were so much help to me that day. You went out of your way to treat me like nothing was out of the ordinary and help me be more comfortable. I don’t think I could have done it without you and I can’t wait to do it again! Thanks little sis!

:hugs:

Tess

MJ
05-07-2007, 04:13 PM
it is so cool to find some good sale's and heels too , i am happy you had a good time so were are the pictures then what's taken sooo long oh your makeup right :heehee:

AllieSF
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Congratulations on your shopping trip. I shop at the thrift stores and the results look like a hodge podge of colors, textures and looks. Now I am trying to match up some outfits to get more use out of what I have. To only have a GG friend to help me out. You are so lucky.

Opie!
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
you are lucky to find shoes that fit. My feet are bigger than many.. (12 boys) and I have thehardest time finding anythng that will fit me. I've been told that girls shoes are 2 sizes bigger than boys, but then I was at Ross and I checked their little shoe size thing and it showed a womens size 12 (I had a GG friend with me, and she sized her foot, and it came out right), apparently my feet are wide, because the 12s looked to be long enough, but I couldn't get my foot into them to be sure.

In summation, I hate my feet.

Oh and welcome to your new addiction, I spend several hours in Ross whenever I get a paycheck... I'm gonna have to clear out my closet of all the computer parts and start putting clothes in there.

daniella
05-07-2007, 04:43 PM
shopping with a GG and I couldn't be happier!

I love to shop with certain GGfriends in either my TG or GM mode. Yes I even get more of a thrill going out shopping in my male persona with my GG female friends. Most sales people are more than interested and helpful. The GG sales staff gets a kick out of it.

Once at Macy's, this male shoes sales person got so turned on he started recommending things he bought. Can you guess why he's working in the Female shoe department ... :D

Billijo49504
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
If she is that much fun going shopping with, maybe she would be more fun on a date. Just a thought. That sure would solve the problem of that feared talk. She already knows....BJ

Byllie
05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
First off, major congrats on having had such a succesful shopping trek.

As for me, whether en drab or en femme, I *always* look for bargains. Today I scored a beautiful pair of pants for $8 and a top for $5, both at Kohl's.

Joy Carter
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey would Kirstyn be interested in taking me shopping ?:D

EricaCD
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a terrific time out. Good for you! (Says the girl who still does not know how to keep her eye out for sale racks....)

lindsaycd75
05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Lucky girl you are finding a shopping friend.

BrendainTampa
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
who i have been thinking about telling....way in the closet....i think she would love it, but i'm concerned about being judged...

she would be great to shop with. i love her sence of style...

brendi