PDA

View Full Version : The joy of smooth legs

Deanna2
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I usually have my legs shaved, but don't always have the time to keep them that way. At the moment I am working away from home and have some spare time in the evening. So last night I set to and did a really thorough job. My legs are now so smooth and the feeling is exquisite. Makes me vow I'll never go back to hairy legs again.

Billijo49504
05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I agree, there is nothing worse than fur sticking through your nylons....BJ

Melissa Jane Martin
05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Ditto here too. I am getting ready (once again!) to shave. Dreading the itching though.

Dana921
05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I like the smooth legs also! When do you transition to waxing though? I think I remember needing a little hair above the skin so the cloth can grab it! Does that mean you have to wait to have stubble or a little more hair on the leg! How does that work?

Dana

Byllie
05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Don't you just love the tingly feeling when your bare flesh feels cloth against it? Without hair coming in-between?

kaitlin
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Girls, Some of us seem to only shave in the winter and let it grow in the summer. I guess it's to avoid the question and answer thing....I don't care what anybody else thinks, mine are smooth year round. The only person that I need and want approval from is my wife, she loves them smooth and that's the way they stay! Luvs Kaitlin

stormrider
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I must say that I for one have been blessed with very little hair on my legs. That has in the past caused a lot of teasing in the summer. I does however make it easier to shave or wax and have silky smooth legs without drawing any more attention than I already had.

Michelle

CDBarbie
05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh, sadly, I must grow the summer coat.:eek: As much as I love the summer time( Wife looks even better with the tan and all) sadly, shaved legs in the summer just don't work for me yet. Come on October, here I am wishing my life away. Oh well..

Alice B
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
No kidding. I had to go two months and not shave. Hated the feel and as soon as I got back I shaved. Took two seperate shavings to get back to the feeling you described. I totally agree that nothing feels beter than smooth, silky legs.:happy:

Rachel Morley
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Deanna,

I know exactly what you mean. It feels "great to the touch" after shaving your legs. I shave my legs (and most parts of my body) all year round. I especially like the summer because that's when I can "get my legs out" :D I'll shave twice a week during summer (only once a week in the winter) and I'll apply fake tanning lotion because I think my legs look a million times better if they're tanned as well as smooth when I'm wearing shorts, skorts, or skirts.

P.S. I have never had anyone say anything to me about my legs when in boy mode, (I wear long pants to work) even though I'm wearing women's t-shirt, shorts, and saltwater sandals in the summer. They've looked down once or twice but they've never said anything. I just carry on like its nothing. :happy:

allin
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I like your style. I don't have much hair either. I have no quams about shaving my whole body. No one seems to notice or care.

SandyR
05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I agree, can not stand the feeling of hair on my legs, or body. I shave my legs daily, Sugar my back and chest about every 4-5 weeks. Nothing like the feeling of a nice skirt on clean shaved legs..hehehehe......

Hugs.

SandyR

marie354
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Eewww! Hairy legs? I can't do that any more. Once you start, you wont want to quit. (The itching goes away after you do it regularly for a while.) And... You'd be surprised, a lot of women really like the smooth feel. In fact, there are very few women that really like the prickly feel of a mustache, unless you have really fine soft hair, maybe.

:hugs:

Stephanie Anne
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I adore smooth legs. I hate shorts (but love skirts go figure :p ) so I wear pants all year round. I have an average amount of hair but am blessed with light blond hair on my legs and almost none on my thighs so shaving is easy for me.

I splurged and bought a Mach 3 from Gillette and let me say it has made shaving so much better! Now unless you love pink like I do, the boy's razors are the exact same as the girls so don't waste money or that awkward feeling of reaching for something in the forbidden "her" zone.

on a non sequitur note... cats are not romantic when they woo their mates (two of em are going at it as I type this)

marie354
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I use a Venus razor and it's definitely designed for a woman.

When you're in the shower and shaving your legs, it's easier to hold the razor at the end of the handle. That one is designed to be held that way and I like it.

I think that I'm worth the extra expense.

Try it, you'll like it. Especially if you shave in the shower where things can get a bit slippery.

Stephanie Anne
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I use a Venus razor and it's definitely designed for a woman.

When you're in the shower and shaving your legs, it's easier to hold the razor at the end of the handle. That one is designed to be held that way and I like it.

I think that I'm worth the extra expense.

Try it, you'll like it. Especially if you shave in the shower where things can get a bit slippery.

That is a great point! I think I may just have to pick one up. Now to only find a way to stop fearing the knees!

Nicole
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Dreading the itching though.

Moisturize your legs after you shave. That will help with the itchiness (a lot!).

Valerie Nicole
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I am cursed with a hairy body, and further cursed with everyone KNOWING I have a hairy body. Thus, as much as it kills me, I have to let the hair grow back this summer. Hopefully I'll be out enough by next summer to just not care anymore. Who knows, that might happen this summer. The only one I'm truly worried about is my sister, who does not know about me.

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and keep shaving this summer. Me and a friend of mine have a story planned out should anyone notice. I lost a bet with her over our marks, and so I had to shave my legs for the summer. Does that sound believable?

SandyR
05-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Marie,

Venus rocks! I so agree. In a shower it makes shaving a breeze, fun, not so bad, Looking forward to a shower tomorrow. heheh

Jessica,

When I first started to shave I worried about family, friends, wife, kido. Well turns out my family said nothing, my wife (gave her warning) deals with the legs, loves the smooth back and chest. The kido thinks I am "way cool dad". Best part, "I look great in a dress now".

Go figure.

Kisses.

SandyR

marie354
05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Well what else can you say... Nothing beats a great pair of legs.

The clean look is in! Just do it!

Valerie Nicole
05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Jessica,

When I first started to shave I worried about family, friends, wife, kido. Well turns out my family said nothing, my wife (gave her warning) deals with the legs, loves the smooth back and chest. The kido thinks I am "way cool dad". Best part, "I look great in a dress now".

Go figure.

Kisses.

SandyR

My dad noticed (and I've worn nothing but long pants when I've been in drab since I shaved!), and I know my sister would, too. Considering I plan on coming out to her eventually, it wouldn't be a big deal to give her the "bet" story. Its plausible and rather comical, I think.

daniella
05-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Does that mean you have to wait to have stubble or a little more hair on the leg! How does that work?

You need way more than stubble, on average 1/4 to 1/2 inch. A bit less undearms. Repeating waxing makes the hair finer. A Brazilian pull does not thin you out down there however. Everyone is different in how much it hurts. I found out it really depends on the person performing the waxing. "Try at home" waxes just aren't as fine as salon wax from what I expereienced so it tends to hurt more. The one time I tried with a friend I screamed and stopped soon after starting.

I'd rather be caned instead :-)

Now I do use waxing in combination with shaving. There are places we just can't reach on our back. I remember my most embarrassing cross dress moment. I was wearing a cute short red dress with a dangerously low back cut. While slowly turning, showing off my hot number for a friend, she remarked ... "oh my, what have we here ... the Brazilian Rain Forrest"?

I perform a full shave at least 3 times a week now so nothing gets red anymore. Plus 5 blades are better then 2 or 3.

daniella
05-07-2007, 11:12 PM
You'd be surprised, a lot of women really like the smooth feel.

I second that opinion LOUDLY. So do the GG's I know...:thumbsup:

SandyR
05-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Jessica,

You have my respect, at 19 I was still sneaking off to dress (thought of shaving excited me, but I could not follow through), dating my now wife and just trying to get through school. Things seem to work out. At 43, its just a different way of thinking.

Hang in there!

Love your signature! The Who rocks!
Hugs...

SandyR

Valerie Nicole
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Sandy! It's only a matter of time before I don't have to worry about this anymore, because I'll be out anyway. So I can bear it for the mean time. And thanks, I love this signature too. Too bad it'll have to change in October when I leave "teenage wasteland."

Jenny Beth
05-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I used to let the hair grow back for summer too but now I'm going on my third year of keeping my legs smooth. I can't imagine letting it grow back again and since my wife prefers me this way I doubt I ever will.

phoebe61
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Iuse to shae my leggs before i admitted to myselfe i was a crossdresser which was about a yearago
but for a different reason i use to be in a cycling club!
but now i shave all my leggs i still go cycling but for that reason no one says anything. only my wife knows the truth :hugs:

Angie G
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
With summer coming I don't know if I want to shave with the shorts and swim wear:hugs:
Angie

Ruth
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
This is the tricky time of the year for us shavers. I keep shaven throught the winter but my wife wants me to grow back for the shorts season. I prefer smooth legs, both as Ruth and as my man self, but my wife likes the fuzz. I think this is a case of giving way on one thing in return for all the other things I get away with.
Maybe in due course I will win her over.

Davinnia
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I started shaving my legs about 2 months ago & my wife hasn't asked why but she loves the feel of them. I must buy a better razor as the following day the hair is back, I can't get them really smooth. I have just bought some hair minimising cream, wonder if that will help ? They feel fantastic after getting out of the shower.

janec
05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
i plucked up the courage to shave my legs a couple of weeks ago it felt fantastic as i had been longing to shave for ages but the wife was not overly impressed so have had to let the hair grow back but i still shave the tops above the usual short line as she was also concerned what ppl would say if they spotted them . i also shave my chest hair in the winter but have to let it grow in summer she tends to like/tolerate the shaved chest a little more. guess its back to baby steps with the legs for now:happy:

Paulacder
05-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't forget the Lotion....Even a little baby oil does wonders:love:

Imogen_Mann
05-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm a veet girl myself, but the effect is much the same. I have spent many painfull (but fun) houre trying variation on the theme, Waxing, epilatiors, shaving, wet shavers and veet (nair). I find a combination of veet, and epilation is best for me.

Always use a good scrub afterwards, to prevent ingrown hairs !

Deanna2
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Nobody has ever commented about my shaved legs except my wife who thinks they feel kind of cute.

Gloria Wetson
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm really curious, and don't have a clue. How do you shave your back? Can you do it yourself, or does someone else have to do it for you?
Thanks
Gloria

jenniferj
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I am going to have to pack jj up and put her in the attic in a week- daughter is coming home for a couple of months on her way to grad school. I cheer myself by promising to shave everywhere ( well, almost ) after she leaves in August.

I also promise myself to lose 20 lbs around the tummy in preparation for the last month of swimsuit season. Tan lines?

The good news is that baby-girl is a jock-ette; all I have to do is say the word and she'll have me out on a bicycle every day.

jj (for a few days more)

Jocelyn Quivers
05-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I refuse to ever let hair grow back on my legs, chest, etc. It took me a few years to get to the point where I don't care anymore about being seen in male mode with smooth legs during the summer. As for razor's I agree with other responses that the Lady Venus razor is the best. For moisturizing lotion I use "Ponds, dry skin scream" afterwards. Jocelyn

Emma England
05-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I have recently bought an epilator off ebay.

Why would anyone want to have hairy legs?

Doesn't matter whether you are male or female, body hair looks horrible, feels rough, and catches on your nylons.

StephanieH
05-10-2007, 10:17 AM
:D Okay, I've gotten into smooth legs finally but I have a problem with those funky red bumps, razor rash, whatever you want to call it. I've tried shaving lighter, using different razors, I do use a lot of lotion and such after shaving, still get the bumps and it's annoying! Anybody have any tips here? My wife doesn't have a clue because she's got wonderfully flawless skin.

On the epilator matter, I got a Braun Epil-Silk a few weeks back to try and eliminate this problem long term. Jeez! :eek: What an insane let down! Not only does this little pink monster hurt like the devil, it doesn't pull out the hair! More often than not, it broke the hair off down low rather than pulling it out and it took forever. My wife used it too and she didn't have any better luck than I did and after 45 minutes with that thing, she still had to shave afterwards. :rolleyes:

Eva Diva
05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I was already letting my leg hair grow for the summer, but I got in the bathtub last night and shaved once more. I rarely wear shorts in the summer anyway, so why deny myself! :D

I have a very short, very tight skirt to try on tonight, so I need to be at my best. :D

5inchHeels
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
On the epilator matter, I got a Braun Epil-Silk a few weeks back to try and eliminate this problem long term. Jeez! :eek: What an insane let down! Not only does this little pink monster hurt like the devil, it doesn't pull out the hair! More often than not, it broke the hair off down low rather than pulling it out and it took forever. My wife used it too and she didn't have any better luck than I did and after 45 minutes with that thing, she still had to shave afterwards. :rolleyes:

Oof I hope I have better luck. My epilator should arrive tomorrow (Amazon Prime ... it's a major addiction).

Did you shave the day before trying to rip all your hairs out? I've read epilators work best if the hair is just above stubble growth.

tvbeckytv
05-10-2007, 05:42 PM
hi all,
well after years of shaving at least every other day, i too have recently bought myself a Braun Epil-Silk epilator. I've only been using it for a week, but have to say i am delighted with it. I am going to use it everyday for a few weeks, then hope once a week will be realistic.
Yes it is true that it does break hairs as often as pulling them out...but you have to give it time. With each attempt at plucking the more likely it is to get pulled out the next time.
It did hurt quite a bit first time...but now i find it no big deal at all.
It dosnt suit everybody, but for me its doing a wonderful job and my legs are smoother than they have ever been.

JamieTV
05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
No question about it, you have to have shaved legs.....I would never like to have nasty hair on mine ever again.

Joanboy2001
05-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't shave my legs in warm weather, but when I do I love it. Living in a home that has a pool. and neighbors that cone over to use it, shaved legs stand out, so I only shave in the winter

malissa0311
05-11-2007, 12:19 AM
i yet to shave my legs i have not had the time may be tonight will be the first

Lanore
05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't remember when I first shaved. I just know it's not supposed to be on me.

Lanore

Jodie Wexler
05-26-2007, 10:53 PM
I love the feel of shaved legs and a new pair of stockings. This is my last
shaving weekend for the summer. Wife says "man legs for the beach".
She is very supportive of my activites, even lets me borrow stuff, we are the same dress and shoe size. Lucky me unlucky her? Not realy I respect most of her stuff and leave it alone. Any way back to more picture taking and possible
posting. Have a great holliday weekend!

Ashleigh
05-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I shave my legs and torso area every 2-3 days. That way everything is always smooth. Like everyone else, I can't stand the stubble coming through the nylons. Yuk!

A:doll:

Phyliss
05-27-2007, 04:25 AM
I've had "shaven" legs for about 6 or 7 years now, almost forget what "fuzzy pins" look like. About two years ago I had my first "wax job", tossed my razor after that. FULL wax job about every 7 weeks and just love the feeling.

If I had to be "hairy" again I'd have to be "commited"

O2B Barbara
05-27-2007, 06:43 AM
I try to follow the adage of "If it feels good - do it!" as long as it hurts no one. If you want to shave, go for it and let the world beware, because you don't care what they think about your shaved legs!

Wendy me
05-27-2007, 06:49 AM
lol shaved all the time .... after a while you see things change ... like a doctor's visit make sure your clean shaved ... before it was panic mode no shaving a month before so the doctor would not notice.... now who cares not going hairy ever again.........