PDA

View Full Version : At what age?

sami1952
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Is it just me or is it that just everyone started dressing at about same age (12).I know that i started around 14 right after my parents got divorced,I don't think ,that had anything to do with it.My guestion is, at what age did most of you dressing and why did you have the desire to crossdress.For me i guess it was playing with my sisters,i remember my sister-in-law making a comment one time that i must be a crossdresser because i like to play with girls.

Teresa Amina
05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
At least as soon as 5 or 6 years old, probably before but it doesn't stand out in my memory. By this age though I knew it wasn't thought well of and had to be "dodgy" about it.

JenniferR771
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
About age 10 or 12, i think.

But I remember wanting to dress as a girl for Halloween, but didn't have the nerve to tell my mom--5th grade.

battybattybats
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I think it was between 12 and 14 for me too. I do recall liking the occasional girls toy or book amongst all the boy things I liked well before that. Actually, now I think of it I know it was when I was 12. I just recalled an instance when I caught my reflection in the bathroom mirror and it just seemed feminine to me and I wondered what I'd look like with red lips.. I ended up using a red watercolour paint I had to see and I liked what I saw. I think that my first foray into the washing basket happened next.

Lanore
05-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I became me before the labels. Sitting down to pee at 5 years old just seemed natural to me.

Lanore

rose382832
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
enjoyed playing dress up and cowgirls and indian maidens with sisters but we were all 12 or older( just aproaching puberty) never realy tried to dress till late teens early twenties. loved the feel and have tried to stay there ever since

MJ
05-07-2007, 08:24 PM
age 5 or 6 dress up was fun and felt so right

Eva Diva
05-07-2007, 08:36 PM
This year. :D

Bobbi Lynn
05-07-2007, 09:10 PM
At 4-5 years old, I know the age because of where we were living at the time I first tried on my mother's and grandmother's underwear.

TxKimberly
05-07-2007, 09:24 PM
5 or 6
:-)
Kim

marie354
05-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Mine may have started at birth because I was dressed in my sisters baby clothes till I was about 6-months old.
I don't think that I really noticed the difference between boys & girls until I was 3 or 4 though I'm not totally sure about that.
I do know that I really liked wearing my sisters clothes when I was 9 or 10 and I used to lock myself in her room when she was in college and dress up.
My memory is starting to get a bit fuzzy the older I get so don't hold me to that either.

So maybe by 10-12, I got more serious about it. But at that age the only things I wore were from relatives (sister, mother, aunt...) and usually a bit big for me. I still liked how I looked though.

This thread made me think back a bit... I like that.
:hugs:

sterling12
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Earliest memories around 4 years old. I was probably messing with it earlier than that.

They told us in school that usually the earliest memories for children, that they retain, are around 4 years of age.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sweet Jane
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
my earliest recollections of dressing in girls clothes was about 7 or 8 years old

uknowhoo
05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I was 13 (maybe 12)... not long after my sister went off to college, leaving behind some clothes for me to discover :c9:

This year. :D

what are you some kinda freak!! :eek:

:tongueout

better late than never to join in the madess/fun!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Stephanie Anne
05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
When I was around 5 I remember feeling stockings for the first time and I was hooked big time!

I would say it wasn't until i was on my own that I really dressed for the first time so that would be around 19-20

Dasein9
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I was 7 and asked for my first pair of long pants. (We lived in Panama, so all I had were shorts. The same was true for all the boys I knew.)

For a long time before that I remember being frustrated because there was lace on my socks, and I wanted socks like the boy next door wore. I also wanted to wear the colours he got to wear. Those were really the only differences I noticed before we moved stateside. Probably because our parents all bought our clothes at the Navy Exchange, which didn't have a large selection in those days.

Nicole
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
my earliest recollections of dressing in girls clothes was about 7 or 8 years old

Same here. :happy:

Carin
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
About 12-14 when I wore my first items. I don't recall how long before that I was actually thinking about it.

The first indelible memory of being dressed, 16 years old, 2:00 a.m. I was dressed in bed in my mothers underwear under the covers (I shared a room with my brother) when the phone rang. Being the nocturnal member of the family, I answered it (after covering myself up). It was the priest from the nurshing home where my mother was. She has just passed away. :sad:

rachelmncd
05-08-2007, 01:52 AM
About 12 . . . first experience was about 6 when my sister dressed me up in her Sunbeam outfit. Wasn't until about 12 when I discovered that my sister and I wore the same size (dress & shoes0.

I remember the white dress with cute white dress sandal. My life has never been the same since :happy:

CathyLee
05-08-2007, 05:00 AM
about 4 or 5
I wanted barbie dolls more then anything else:D

melissaabom
05-08-2007, 05:05 AM
It it all started at age 7 for me !!

It was a pair of nylons , no pantyhose back then !

They felt so good even :2c: though they were so big on a 7 year old boy !!

Melissa

Colleen
05-08-2007, 05:16 AM
It was 9 or 10 used my moms and sisters things

Tammy_j
05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
about 5 yrs old. loved my sister's dresses. sometimes i wore them under my boy clothes (that was a little later though).

Tammy

Vicky_Scot
05-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Around 12 years for me too.

Terry
05-08-2007, 06:05 AM
THE FIRST TIME WAS BETWEEN 12 OR 13 IS MY BEST GUEST ????

Terry xxx

Kelsy
05-08-2007, 06:25 AM
It was just about that age for me between 10 -12. but I remember going to some type of event with my mom, I was very little maybe five or six. I was so young I don't even remember what the event was but what I do remember is that she had me dressed in tights and a button up shirt or blouse. But the tights and how they felt is the only clear thing in my mind?!:happy:

Jennifer:D

lindsaycd75
05-08-2007, 07:14 AM
It was around age 7 i think, thought I really didnt get going at it untill around age 11.

Michelle 51
05-08-2007, 08:01 AM
For me it was 5 or 6 but 11 or 12 before i got them dirty if you know what i mean.That was scary when you don't know anything about it. That's one good thing about sex ed in the school's to-day.I was a dumb country boy then.Still am in a lot of ways Justabit

stellatoo
05-08-2007, 08:24 AM
From the age of 7 I was playing with the neighbourhood girls rather than the boys-and getting teased about it but didn't care:happy:

First girly clothes around about 11, my sisters P.E kit:heehee:

Toni Shelton
05-08-2007, 09:15 AM
As far as I can remember anything. I ran for homecomeing queen, in the first grade. I was age 6. I remember dressing in a dress and high heels, at age 7. I also remember wondering why I didnt go to the girls restroom with the other girls.

brittanny
05-08-2007, 09:16 AM
about age four I started in my moms things

RuthieER
05-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I started dressing when I was 17, staying in the room of a college girl who was rooming with my grandmother, but gone on break. I dressed head to foot in her clothes that fit me perfectly, and it was such an intense sensation, in all ways, that I've never looked back.

Before that there were only a few hints, here and there, that this might be something I'd end up doing. When I was 12 I would pose nude before the mirror, or in the bath, with my genitals tucked between my legs and pretend I was a girl. I loved the look and feel of satin and lace nightgowns, but never ever dared to try one on. I wanted dolls but knew I couldn't have one. When I was 3, my parents dressed me as Tinkerbell for Hallowe'en, to go with my 5 yr old brother who was Peter Pan. It was their idea, not mine, but that may have planted the idea that boys could dress like girls if they wanted. The root may be that my parents always wanted a girl but never had one.

Ruthie

Meredith
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I was 13. I was in Jr High in the late 60s and pantyhose and miniskirts surrounded me. I started wanting to wear pantyhose. I don't remember having any idea why, nor did it strike me as strange or unnatural; I just wanted to. It was decided sexual for me, then. The summer between 7th and 8th grade I started taking my mom's cast off pantyhose when I emptied the trash. That summer while cleaning the basement I found a suitcase of one of my older sisters. It had really ugly (by my current standards) bras, panties, and stockings. The didn't fit so well but I so loved the feeling and idea of wearing them.

5inchHeels
05-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I think it's interesting that so many people instinctually dress at young age but don't embrace it until they are much older. It would be interesting to compare the the age of acceptance of those who are able interact with an online community such as this versus those who are not.

I first remember dressing at age 12, though I've seen pictures that lead me to believe I was interested at a much younger age.

miche_miche
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
i was - 9 - seems like about average!

Mitch23
05-08-2007, 02:18 PM
as stated in another thread between 7 and 8 i guess

mitch

MelindaC
05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
At 11 for me. One day I had the overwhelming need to try on one of mom's Playtex rubber open bottom girdles and stockings. Once I had it on, it just felt so wonderful and yet so normal and proper. A little later I added a half slip and skirt.

The rest of my wardrobe waited until I was on my own & could more easily buy my own clothes. Can you imagine how wonderful it was to have my very own outfit --- including bra, girdle, stockings, full slip, heels, wig and the first time I applied my own makeup? It was fantastic!!

After 50 years now, I simply feel much more comfortable dressed than not. Wearing a dress is so much more comfortable for me.

ellieparsons
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
7 or 8 for me, my mothers pantyhose

marisa
05-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I think I was about 7yrs old. I have no idea why I started dressing but all I know is that it just felt right. And it still does. I truely think that I should have been born female. There is just something deep inside that is telling me this. Marisa

Victoria Anne
05-08-2007, 08:11 PM
underdressing as long as I can remember,all my life now fully dressed I think I was around 12-14. It just felt right then and I know it is now , its who I am

black leotards
05-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I was about 10 or 12 when I bought my first pair of tights, but I think I wanted to wear them at about 5 or 6! :happy:

Dixie
05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I must have been about 4 or 5. My babysitter would dress me up and we would play house.

Carin's Wife GG
05-08-2007, 08:41 PM
that wherever on the spectrum you fall, being a CDer or TG is in fact predermined. It is likely (at least this is my hope) that a genetic link will be discovered in the next 20ish years.

It seems that serious dressing starts for most at the beginning of puperty even though the bent in that direction may have been there much longer. This would make complete sense when one gives thought to the hormone surge that happens around this time.

And to the one *I* love, than you for sharing such an intimate detail of your own recollections!

Louise.

JacquiUKTV
05-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Age 8 years....A dark, miserable British November afternoon...can't remember exactly how it came to be; I was in the back garden of the house where we lived at that time, wearing a knee-length raincoat and short trousers. I'm a "only-child" hence no sisters to borrow clothes from. At junior school I was fascinated by the girls; it seemed that there were "secret privileges" available to them that the boys couldn't share...at least, that's how I "explained" it to myself at the time. In retrospect, I think I just wanted to be with them..be one of them rather than "mummy's little soldier".
So...I dared myself to do it....slipped off my short pants, tightened-up the belt of my raincoat as if to make it into a skirt, and revelled for a few minutes in being dressed like one of the girls. Just walked around the garden for a while pretending.
That is the root-feeling that's been with me ever since.
Perhaps this indicates that I'm TS rather than TV ? Could speculate endlessly.
Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever revealed this to anyone before, not even my wife who knows all.
May be of some interest to someone?
:love: Jacqueline.

Eva Diva
05-08-2007, 09:13 PM
So I guess this makes me the weirdo around here. I'm not only different, I'm different from the different people. :D

Charleen
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Started walking around in my mom's heels as soon as I could walk. My mom told me that happened. She thought it was cute. I remember doing that when I hit 4 or 5. I grew up in a nieghborhood that only had girls so we played dress up, dolls, and of course house. Didn't try anything else 'till I was about 12 and that's when I got into my mom's things.

soccervixen
05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm definitely in the minority here - it was 47 for me, just 6 months ago. Now I have clothes in my closet, a collection of shoes, lingerie in 2 drawers. I never had any urges as a child, but once married, I did really enjoy clothes / intimates shopping for my wife. Now I know why!:happy:

DeeInGeorgia
05-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Age 6 or 7 - trying on my younger sister's pettycoat. And then at about age 10, playing ballarina with my sister and her next door neighbor girl friend that was my age and dressing in a leotard that the griend lent me to wear. At some point we all three went and showed my mother.

Dee

babe
05-09-2007, 01:01 AM
hello i am rather new at this still but i myself started around the age of 11 or 12 as well and just recently started admiring my figure for how femining it really is i am 19 right and slowly getting back into cd

Peggy55
05-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Last year at 50...........

Rebecca_Annette
05-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Very young, I suppose...

Being dressed up by and playing dress up with my sisters

But as to understanding, appreciating, wanting, and liking, not until my early thirties.

Rhea
05-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Around 3 or 4 I first started looking through my aunts perfume, heels, bras etc. I remember wearing my grandmas wig at 8 and walking out with it on and her heels on. I'm suprised all my family did was laugh..including my dad.

Joy Carter
05-09-2007, 02:21 AM
At four !:eek:

At eight I was CDing with a male cousin. I tried on some panties and he thought that was the queerest thing. LoL

marissatv
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
That was such a long time ago but I think I was between 10 & 12. Played in some of my mom's panties and loved them over the whitie tighties. Always looks for panties and other sexy things to wear until I started buying my own clothes. Now I wear panties everyday.

Jennifer_G
05-10-2007, 04:37 AM
It seems I am one of the few here that started late.
I didn't really fully dress with wig and makeup until I was 35 (late 2002) although I have worn lingerie on rare occasions since my late teens.

RachelDenise
05-10-2007, 04:43 AM
I'm sure it was around age 11. I went into my Mom's room and went through her lingerie drawer. Bras and panties were first, followed by panty girdles and pantyhose.

psion128
05-11-2007, 04:12 AM
For me i think it was when I was about like 9 or 10 yo. I just knew to keep it under wraps for some reason.

Angie G
05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
On or abouy the same time give or take I don't know why I think it just happend and I'm glad it did :hugs:
Angie

faltenrock
05-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I was about 12 or 13, can't really remember exactly.

trannie T
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I was in kindergarten when I had my first transgender thoughts. In grade school I had a dream that the school principal had a machine that could turn me into a girl.
I did not wear anything until I was in my 20's.
I did not go out until I was in my 40's.
I did not tell anyone until a few weeks ago.

Slowly, very slowly I'm crawling out of the closet.

Sheri 4242
05-12-2007, 02:02 AM
I've had the desire to dress "from my very earliest of memories." So, guess that would be about 4, plus or minus. Used to play dress up with a neighborhood girl -- I'd put on one of her denim skirts and she'd put on a pair of my pants. That was probably age 4. Had an aunt I was very close to, and I used to play a "shoe" game at her house where I'd walk around in a pair of her pumps. This, too, was probably at age 4. I don't know when this next event happened -- it was probably in the same time frame (age 4, +/-) -- but anyway, I was spending the night at my aunts and wet the bed. As my aunt was very small and petite, she put me in one of her nighties and I truly LOVED the feel. As time progressed (age 7ish), I'd "borrow" (well, not really borrow) panties or a half slip from my mother's drawer, or from a friend's older sister. At about 11-12 y.o. I actually started buying some girl's clothing. It was nerve-wracking at that age and time, but I'd go to the S&L with my passbook and get some money out, then head to a department store and buy some panties and bras. Once, I even went to a dance clothing store and bought my first pair of tights.

I remember when I was very young I heard that if you kissed your elbow, you'd become the opposite sex. I tried and tried, but alas, couldn't.

Devin_TG
05-12-2007, 06:42 AM
It was probably around 4 for me. I recall waking up in the morning before everyone else (in our small NYC apartment) and trying on my sister's things... just felt so right. Throughout my childhood I seeked any opportunity with my female cousins and sister to play dress-up... hoping I would be the one they'd pick and dress-up "against my will". I think after a while they started wondering why I was always around so much when they played dress-up. :happy:

kaitlin
05-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey Girl, I too started around the 6-7 range, but for diffierent reason than most. I was an only child, and was abused on a regular basis. I began to notice all the girls my age on TV or at school were always being loved on or sitting in their parents lap and being held. I would think if I was a girl maybe they would quit hitting me. Maybe if I was a girl they would love me, never worked out that way. But I am now a very happy CD !!! I guess everything does happen for a reason. Kaitlin

ritu_cd
05-12-2007, 09:03 AM
i was sweet 16 when i first tried my cousin's nighty...

Becky Moore
05-12-2007, 12:39 PM
About 5 or 6 for me. I just started dressing in my sisters clothes and it felt so natural x

Rita B
05-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I was adopted when I was 2. From the very beginning it was obvious that my mother wanted a girl. I lived almost entirely in a woman's world. I remember borrowing my mother's satin lingerie to wear to bed and her kidgloves to wear. I must have be around 12 or 13

ChanDelle
05-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I remember putting on my mothers jewelry at about 5. Loved earrings (clip and screw style back then) bracelets and necklaces. My dad said he caught me putting on lipstick much earlier, but I don't remember that. I was about 35 or so when he told me about that. I should have fessed up then. He was a very kind and understanding man, and I sometimes wondered if he CD'd.

Kathi-Anne
05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
For me, I was about 11,12 when I began wearing women's clothing. First it was the pantyhose. I remember the feeling when I pulled the nylon up my legs. I got such a rush out of all this.

Jenny S
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I honestly can't remember when it started. I remember borrowing my younger sister's and mom's panties at a very early age. Then, my mother's panty girdle. I got busted wearing that one! When ever my sister would have sleep overs I would love to see what the other girls brought for undies and pjs. Then my bathing suit fettish began....

Now at the age of 40+ Karren Hutton has helped me develop the courage to enjoy skirts.

Thanks Karen.

az_azeel
05-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I was 6 years old, and still remember the first skirt I wore after sneaking into my younger sisters room :hugs: