PDA

View Full Version : You Get What You Give

Joy Carter
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
The big day is almost here. Be-All in Chicago. I have bought some nice clothes for the event. Being new to this I have not tried much of anything on in stores. Mail order has been pretty much my means of purchasing clothes.

So today I took my lovely purchases to a local tailor shop run buy some women. I called ahead just to see if it was OK with them. And got a "sure", (they will take my money). So with two dresses and two tops in hand I approached the clerk. I told her what I wanted and asked her if she was willing to make some alterations for me.
Cathy was totally agreeable and directed me to a changing room in the front of the store. Yeah I was a little nervous. Yeah I was sweating some. But Cathy was pretty professional and told me that it didn't bother her to see a guy in a dress. One of the clerks did let out a short laugh when she saw me in my rose colored dress (no wig).
It really was no big deal. Cathy pinned me up and told me that she particularly like one of my tops.
I asked her if she had done alterations for other girls. And she said the shop has but I was her first.:redface: .
She told me to come back Friday after five to collect my clothes.
I did however did a double take at the price.:eek: Cathy did tell me to shop around, because she thought I could get some better fitting clothes in the misses section.

So girls I posted this because of what my girlfriend said about the adventure. If we act respectful and present ourselves in an reasonable manner. I don't think there wouldn't be to many shop keepers out there that wouldn't accept us.:D

marie354
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Joy, that is so inspiring. I love it and it will give me strength.
:hugs: