PDA

View Full Version : Her Idea

Krystenw
05-07-2007, 11:03 PM
My day out.
I don't think I will be doing it again soon.
We needed to go to town and do some shopping so after I got the lawn mowed I went in to get changed so we could go. I started to put on some Levi’s but my wife decided that since it was finally warm the it would be nice if I wore the Capri’s and blouse that she had gotten for me. She said that she had bought me a pair of flat shoes that I should wear because she had quite a lot of shopping to do. She was still getting ready so she told me to go get some gas and she would be ready by the time I got back. I asked her if I should put on some makeup and she told me just to put on some lipstick and not worry about it. I told her OK and went to get the gas. I went out and stopped at one of the outside pumps and filled the car with gas. When I got back home I honked and when she came out she had on the same Capri and blouse set that I had on. When she got in the car I asked her what was going on. She said she thought it would be nice to go shopping with her sister instead of her stuffy old husband.
We finally got out of town about 12:20 and started north. There are several small towns between here and the city and my wife remembered we hadn't had lunch so we stopped at a Chinese place to eat. She ordered and the waitress looked at me kinda strange but didn't say anything.
After we left there we went to Home Depot. We wanted to buy some tomato plants and I needed some stuff to finish a couple projects . We got there and they didn't have the size plants she wanted so we went inside to find the other stuff and of course they didn't have what I wanted.
After that we went across the street to K-mart. I needed some pantyhose, so she told me to go and find what I needed that she would go to the garden center to look for tomatoes. Of course I couldn't find the size and color I wanted and there was some little old lady there and she just sort of stared at me. She didn't say anything, but you could see the wheels turning. I finally found three boxes of pantyhose and then I couldn't get them off the hook. I finally just tore the top of the box around the hole and took them and went to find my wife.
It seemed like it was five miles from the hosiery department to the garden center. I was thinking that I was sure glad she had me wear flat shoes. When I got to the garden center she had picked out 16 tomato plants so I helped load them in the cart and we went to the checkout. On the way to the checkout stands we passed a big mirror and she made some remark about how much we looked like sisters.
I was sure glad that there wasn't anyone in line. We got to go right through. I just swiped my credit card and the checkout lady just said thanks and didn't even look strangely at me.
After we left there we went to Lowe's and I found the stuff I need and my wife got 4 more tomato plants. When we left Lowe's we headed home but she decided she wanted to stop at Macey's grocery store. By now it was almost six and I think half the town was there. I think we went up and down every isle in the store. We were there for almost an hour. After she finally filled the cart we headed for the checkout counter. They probably had 15 check stands and every one had two or three people at each one. We just got in line and waited out turn. I didn't think we were ever going to get through there. We finally got checked out and then she wanted to go the KFC for supper.
She wanted to go in, but I told her I didn't think I could handle another person staring at me. She just laughed and said that if I insisted on dressing like I am to get used to it. I asked her what she was talking about because it was her idea, that she had picked out the outfit she wanted me to wear, and it was her idea to wear the same thing she picked out for me. She told me not to worry about it that I looked just fine and besides that she liked having someone to go shopping with.
I don't know what the world is coming to. I'm glad no one even paid any attention to me. I guess it just shows that everyone is just wrapped up with themselves and don't care about anything else.

marie354
05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't think that you had anything to worry about, judging by the photo. You look like a woman to me.
:hugs:

Stephanie Anne
05-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh hun I feel for you. No one should be made to feel pressured or uncomfortable. It's hard sometimes to see what we due to those we love.

I think you need to sit down and have a long talk with your wife before you build a wall between you. It sounds to me like she might have some repressed feelings about your other side. I would never want to be left on my own at a delicate time like you experienced.

I am no therapist and sure am not the best person for advice but you should never be pressured into "getting used to anything" and she should never feel the need to bee so "aggressive" (not a good word to describe it but the night she comes and the ole' brain is shutting down) about going out with you.

I would try and find a nice relaxing time to sit down and talk through what you are going through, her expectations as well as yours before you try and go out again. she may feel you have pushed this on your relationship and is struggling to support you while feeling confusion and perhaps a little fear at losing her man. I think you should also make sure she is comfortable with you before going out again.

If I sounded judgmental I so don't mean it but I have been in situations like this before and did not confront it well, it did not end well and I would hate to see a wedge develop.

Remember we are here for you and are around to listen and lend a hand when needed. I am sure there are dozens of girls here who have gone through similar situations and have so much better advice than I can give.

Take it slow and above all else remain calm ;)

Oh and btw you look gorgeous :D

daniella
05-07-2007, 11:22 PM
She subtly humiliates you. How lucky you are. Enjoy it. I find moments like that great fun.

Krystenw
05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the compliments and advice.
I guess after nearly 33 years she has decided that if she can't beat em, she will just join em.