PDA

View Full Version : Passing Info

Tristan
05-08-2007, 07:18 AM
This summer I want to start preparing for going full time at least in dressing and binding before I start hormones which hopefully will be very early next year. I've been slowly binding more here at home like when I go out and walk or just do things around the house. Currently though the binder size I fit into doesn't lay the most flat in the front because it comes down to low on me so I'm doing my best to lose weight and hopefully get into a binder that lays better. I'm wondering if that really will help, because right now I find I wear three layers with my binder. A shirt under it to make it more comfortable, a t shirt over it and something baggier over that to hide the lines of it. Any good tips on binding and trying to pass in the heat of summer without passing out from being too hot? Or tips overall on passing?

sparro
05-08-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't know very much about specific binders. What I do know is that you should definetly layer if you're having trouble hidding the bump. 2, 3 or even 4 tight layers under your shirt go a long way..

If you are concerned with the heat, however, I might suggest (and I seem to be plugging this everywhere.. http://www.underarmour.com/ has a wide selection of shirts meant to ..keep everything in place while you work out. The beauty of it is that it's technology will keep you cool. Also, it really does do a good job stopping... any jiggling. I usually wear a size too small as my base layer, then maybe a man tank.. a t shirt, and finally a button up. ...lots of layers X_X

John
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
well, black hides the shadows and makes it harder to desern you're chest shape. O.K. it's a bit hot to were, but you could try a black tank-top or some such (I know that's how I pass best actually).

As for passing tips, I guess you know all the usuall ones... Living in the north of england I find that adressing other men as 'mate' (i.e. 'scuse me mate') decreases you're chanses of being called 'miss' (it's a masculing tendancy). But I don't know where you live, and if that'll work there...

durden
05-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I've bought a few chest compression shirts from the Underworks website. They have a sleeveless version, which IMO fits better than the one w/sleeves. White seems to be the best color, because it doesn't get marked up as easily as the black [ex: deodorant smudges, etc.] They aren't super expensive either. But yeah, I do the same thing as you. I wear the compression shirt, cover it w/a t-shirt/undershirt & then put on whatever shirt I'm wearing for the day. Here's a direct link to the compression shirt I'm talking about:

http://www.underworks.com/998.html

Tristan
05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh haven't tried that one, I've used their double compression shirt. Does it bind pretty well for bigger people too?

Kieron Andrew
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh haven't tried that one, I've used their double compression shirt. Does it bind pretty well for bigger people too?
im about to buy that one Tristan next week so i will let you know bud, the other one doesnt work for me

Tristan
05-13-2007, 09:15 AM
im about to buy that one Tristan next week so i will let you know bud, the other one doesnt work for me

Thanks a lot mate :D

Taylor105
05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
DO NOT GET THE T-SHIRT ONE!! Sorry for yelling but I just had to let y'all know it sucks!! It rides up in your armpit hairs and rips them out. I hate mine! I wonder if I could cut the sleeves off. I haven't tried it yet but since I won't wear the thing anymore anyway I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I'm planning on ordering a tank top soon. Underworks rocks!! (just not the t-shirt) Ask Adam. He hates them too. :)

Kieron Andrew
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Ask Adam. He hates them too. :)
uhhh and he knows im sending him one as soon as i can get to the P.O *the missing one i found*

if you do cut yours dude let us know if it works?

Dasein9
05-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I use a tank top, then binder, then undershirt, then woven shirt. I'm wondering about whether I need the tank top in the hot part of the summer.

An undershirt with sleeves does save the woven shirts, since deodorant can damage the shirts.

I find the Underworks 997 works well for my chest, which was 36C last time I bought a bra with sizes. It can help to put the binder on, then lie on your back to adjust the chest underneath, letting gravity do some of the work.

They do roll until they're broken in, though, and push on my hipbones or kidneys.

Taylor, try stitching (or even double-stitching) the binder just inside where you plan to trim it. That should prevent any unraveling.

durden
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I use a tank top, then binder, then undershirt, then woven shirt. I'm wondering about whether I need the tank top in the hot part of the summer.

An undershirt with sleeves does save the woven shirts, since deodorant can damage the shirts.

I find the Underworks 997 works well for my chest, which was 36C last time I bought a bra with sizes. It can help to put the binder on, then lie on your back to adjust the chest underneath, letting gravity do some of the work.

They do roll until they're broken in, though, and push on my hipbones or kidneys.

Taylor, try stitching (or even double-stitching) the binder just inside where you plan to trim it. That should prevent any unraveling.

I've cut some of my shirts where the arm holes are. My arms have been getting much bigger & I find that it gets uncomfortable quickly [the only drawback of wearing a compression shirt while bulking up :straightface: ] Good suggestion w/the double-stitching. I would've never thought of that. Now I just need to find a needle & thread.
:D

Taylor105
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL Kieron. I watched a youtube video that Adam put out showing every single underworks product and giving his advice on them. He literally said "I hate it" in referring to the shirt. Of course I watched it AFTER having ordered it. haha Hey Adam? Do you have the link to your video on binders? I will let you all know what it is like without the sleeves and thanks for the advice on stitching it.

Kieron Andrew
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
LOL Kieron. I watched a youtube video that Adam put out showing every single underworks product and giving his advice on them. He literally said "I hate it" in referring to the shirt. Of course I watched it AFTER having ordered it. haha Hey Adam? Do you have the link to your video on binders? I will let you all know what it is like without the sleeves and thanks for the advice on stitching it.
oooh i missed that Video......ADAM!!!! where is that vid??? *goes hunting on Adams youtube*

Adam
05-14-2007, 04:34 PM
oooh i missed that Video......ADAM!!!! where is that vid??? *goes hunting on Adams youtube*

i removed it months ago but its on my hard drive i could re upload it again if you like i did it about 6 months ago

Kieron Andrew
05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
i removed it months ago but its on my hard drive i could re upload it again if you like i did it about 6 months ago
awww would ya?? id love to see it? then you can take it down again lol

Adam
05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
awww would ya?? id love to see it? then you can take it down again lol

ok for you mate i will :D its now uploading :D

catch it soon though like i think i will leave it till the first bad commet thats why it was removed last time lol

Kieron Andrew
05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
ok for you mate i will :D its now uploading :D

catch it soon though like i think i will leave it till the first bad commet thats why it was removed last time lol
lol ok btw theres a PM waiting for you on the other site we go on :heehee:

Adam
05-14-2007, 04:47 PM
ok

*packs bags and sets of over the net carefully to his other hideing hole*

Kieron Andrew
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
ok

*packs bags and sets of over the net carefully to his other hideing hole*
lol you nutter!

Adam
05-14-2007, 05:35 PM
:p I'm back

OK thats exercise thread bit taking care of thats a long way from that place to here :heehee:

drum roll please
dum dum de dummmmmmmmm!!!!!

back by poplar demand itttts the binder vid :heehee: :D :tongueout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wDi-GbFpSc

disclaimer:
this video may take time to be uploaded by youtube. this video is the veiws of a half wit so please take at face value. this video is taken in worlds smallest bathroom so lighting is bright.

Kieron Andrew
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
drum roll please
dum dum de dummmmmmmmm!!!!!

back by poplar demand itttts the binder vid :heehee: :D :tongueout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wDi-GbFpSc

disclaimer:
this video may take time to be uploaded by youtube. this video is the veiws of a half wit so please take at face value. this video is taken in worlds smallest bathroom so lighting is bright.
yup nutter!!:heehee: thanks Adam

Taylor105
05-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I love your vid Adam!! You rock dude!! I remember the look on my face when you said "I HATE it!! It's a total waste of money!" At that point I had already bought mine. Wished I could have seen your video first! Bummer. lol

xsideburnsx
05-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Underworks vests? Well definitely cheaper then the place I got my first Gynecomastia vest. I've had mine for 5 years and it's starting to rip on the sides. I've always binded under the vest as well with an ace bandage to make sure my chest was compressed. Which would you say was good for a 34 c? I'm considering getting a smaller size due to dropping 40 lbs since I got that vest.

Dasein9
05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I was a 36 C last time I bought a bra with sizes, which was years ago.

I wear the 997, size small and it's dandy. It's difficult to get on at first, but worth the effort.

CaptLex
05-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I've had mine for 5 years and it's starting to rip on the sides.
Five years?! :eek: I'm lucky if my binders last five months. Seems like I always have to buy new ones. :p

xsideburnsx
05-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Five years?! :eek: I'm lucky if my binders last five months. Seems like I always have to buy new ones. :p

HAH I just make them last until they are on their last thread. I wash it by hand and let it air dry. I don't know if that makes a difference, but just stating what I do.

Dasein9
05-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeh, it does make a big difference. In hot weather, when there's more sweat in 'em than skin oil, I rinse them out without soap every other washing. I think the soap may break the elastic down a bit.

xsideburnsx
05-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeh, it does make a big difference. In hot weather, when there's more sweat in 'em than skin oil, I rinse them out without soap every other washing. I think the soap may break the elastic down a bit.

I think I'll keep that in mind when I wash my binder. Anything that'll save me from throwing tons of money around constantly is good.

CaptLex
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
HAH I just make them last until they are on their last thread. I wash it by hand and let it air dry. I don't know if that makes a difference, but just stating what I do.
Yeah, I think the hand washing probably makes the difference - I usually machine wash and then air dry. It's not so much that they wear out, it's just that they stretch out and are useless to me after a while. I'll try hand washing to see if it helps.

xsideburnsx
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I think the hand washing probably makes the difference - I usually machine wash and then air dry. It's not so much that they wear out, it's just that they stretch out and are useless to me after a while. I'll try hand washing to see if it helps.

I was always scared it would mess up in the washer so I never did it that way. I would hate for them to stretch out though. Yeah...Lex...definitely go the hand wash route.