PDA

View Full Version : drag queens vs cders why dont they like us

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 06:08 PM
hi ladies, last week i heard there was a drag queen show at the bar i visit so i put on i thought one of my sexy out fits lepard mini open toe boots sheer black blouse and studed brah. i had arived early meet some of my other cd freinds wich to my supprise there was about 15 of us. about 8:30 the queens started to come in mingled with some of the other cds asked there names but for some reason they would look at me and woudnt bother to go near me.the feeling i got was that even as i went to the bath room they kept on looking me from head to toe like i was being sized up. durring there performinces they were calling out alot of the cds names but never mine. but heres the finnaly of the evening at the end all of us ladies stood by the dance floor and all of us had money to give them and they took every bodys but mine and one other girl i cant figure what i did. can some body help me understand things a little better

Amelie
02-25-2005, 06:35 PM
The best thing to do is ask someone at the club. The people at this forum can only speculate what might be the problem. We can't be sure what was in the Drag Queens head.

I will speculate for a moment. I have run into a few drag queens from time to time, Some act very bitchy, while others are sweet as pie. It is like anywhere else in life, in any kind of club. I went to goth, punk and discos,, I have found the same in each type of club. There are some people who like me and there have been some that hated me, even though they didn't even know me.

Whatever the reason for their nastiness, don't let it stop you from going out and having a good time. Don't fight them, but also don't let them make you miserable. You have a right to be their like any one does.

But if you want to know what their problem with you is, you're gonna have to ask them.

Amelie

Julie York
02-25-2005, 06:47 PM
That sounds horrible. Maybe there was some weird eticate (yeah you spell it at 11.50 on a Friday) you didn't know. Like shave your beard off first or something (j/k)

Maybe they were jealous. No idea.

But you're cool so whatever it was, don't let it get to you.

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 06:48 PM
thanks emerlie, the bar i go to is gay and at any givin time there is aleast 5 to 20 cdres there. there the guests. and what i have been told im not the only one thats had this exepience there. i realize that there perfomers they do this every night but why so rude if anything they should be thrilled that we are there to support them its not like i tryed not to say hellow im not saying im the cream of the crop either and i will admit that some of the other girls there could use a bit of help but thats niether here or there i just felt that it was like i intured on them for just being there

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
thanks julie its never happend to me before if i was a first timer there i could understand this but these people were just rude. us laddies take pride in what we do well pianstakenly go thru our trannformation almost to perfection an a way we are playing a role as well not acting but being what we always wanted to be how can the same type of people be so different

Amelie
02-25-2005, 07:05 PM
They might also be very clique. They might have their little circle of friends who don't like others. If they are "gay drag queens" then they can be very bitchy as well as clique-y. I had this happen at clubs, but the clubs that I went to had quite a few different types hanging out. So if one group, or some clique didn't like me, there were always others at the club that I could hang out with. The bitchy ones didn't dominate the clubs I went to.

I don't know what your situation is in this bar. But, What I would do is find a few people that you vcan have a good time with and ignore the idiots.

celeste26
02-25-2005, 07:13 PM
It's possible they thought of you as competition, and they felt threatened even though you knew you weren't there to do that Anyhow it is just speculation. Must ask to know for sure.

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 07:19 PM
thanks emelie, il take the advice of a veteran. i know this is a adult world and not everybody likes each other for some reason or a nother.im going out there again this weekend with a date if the same thing happens il know just to leave it alone and not to get to upset. thankls again for takeing the time out to share with me

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 07:24 PM
celeste, thats the vibes i was getting there. the dressing quaters were by the bathrooms and i had to freshin up a little a few times and they would stare at me with a stange look and if we made eye contact they would look the other way. i could see if i was the only one there but i wasnt so its not like ai was taking away from there glamer

Holly
02-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Angel,

I tend to agree with Celeste. Many Drag Queens just must be the center of attention and they feel threatened by anything that the feel will distract that attention away from them. Take if for what it is (petty jealousy) and enjoy yourself.

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 09:01 PM
holly the more i talk to the laddies here the more i agree with the taking away part the funny thing was when i walked in one of the regulars asked me if i was part of the show and till now i didnt even think twice about it i guess i must me doing some thing right

SilkenPrincess
02-25-2005, 09:04 PM
I also suspect the perceived competition aspect, you're very pretty.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Priscilla1018
02-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi Angel,

I think they thought of you as compatitian, You look so much like a GG I am sure they were envious of you.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks princess for your kind words, i would luve to here from some dragg queens here on this forum pertaining to this maybe when i go agin il put a bag over my head luv ya

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
thanks pricilla, i could see if i was competing with them but thats not the case i do this part time hey maybe i should ask them for a job, no im to much a lady i just would think like i have said before i was there to support them i never thought one of the other girls or my self would be treated so badly

ChristineRenee
02-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Easy to see from my perspective here Angel...you're just too HOT!...you put em all to shame!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks chrissy, your very kind. i just want to go out and just have fun not hurt anybody

Wendy me
02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
see this is what climbs up my skirt.......drag queens and cds not getting along............
cd's and outher cd's not getting along just plane nutts if you ask me.......we all need to be together.........on the same thing (sorry noy good with yuppy talk)....oh ok
i got it we need to all be drinking out of the same six pack..........like minds and thoughts working together.............one day???????????????any thats my dream......
lets all try it ............we can rock the world..........

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 11:27 PM
wendy thats what im talking about they do it for show and so do we.but i begg to differ on one point. we do this to let our inner selfs out to be the ladies. dragg queens do it for the theactrics of it all martygrah is one thing. show biz is another.when i go out im a lady im treated as one and have the respect as well. they know im cding i dont change outfits every 15 minits to do another song or dance rutine. and remember they are there at a gay/bi invirerment theres a mixture am i thought as a divia could be.but dragg queen im not they know where they are and they know what to expect. and thats what i want respect as well

Wendy me
02-25-2005, 11:36 PM
yes i do aggree with you .....still cders ,drag queens ,gats what everstraight , bi......
we all have to respct each outher as we try to get the "normal " world to see us in a pssitive way..........yes i do see your point.......

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 11:44 PM
wendy i hope one day we can were all in the same pot of chowder

Wendy me
02-25-2005, 11:47 PM
thats my way of thinking if one of our sister stands alone she is a guy in a dress.......
if we all stand together then we look like we fit in ........numbers is were its at all together............

Fallen Angel
02-25-2005, 11:54 PM
well said wendy i rase my glass to you xx

Wendy me
02-25-2005, 11:57 PM
tip mine to you as well like minde people think if we had all sisters all over thinking this way????????????

DaanaTS
04-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Thus is only my opinion, but I think that they don't like us, because they think that because society has blocked us all under the term ' Transgendered' that we are all alike...
From personal experience, I get into it all the time, with CD's /TV's, because all they want to talk about is clothes, make-up, and hair....Yes, those all are important to us BUT, as I read somewhere (at the moment, I don't remember precisely where)-- Tranvestism is merely a fetish --- Transexualism is A WAY OF LIFE!
Toodles
Daana

Sweet Susan
04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm going to take a crack at this (no pun intended), but I don't know anything about drag queens.

I've been to a few gay bars that are frequented by drag queens. In my view drag queens don't really look like gg's. Their look is up and over the top, and they look more clownish than like women. We, on the other hand, we being those of us who try to emulate women, try to actually look like women. In my veiw, drag queens almost make fun of of what women look like. So, when a crossdresser comes in and he actually tries to look like a woman, such as you, they don't like it. As Amelie said, they become bitchy. My attitude is screw 'em.