PDA

View Full Version : I watched a GG walk today

Eva Diva
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
In response to the 'walking like a woman' threads: I followed a young woman into the store today. She was probably in her early/mid twenties. Let me tell you, those cheeks were churnin'! :D She had on very low cut sweat pants, and they were hanging below her top, so she was showing a lot of skin as well. Just watching her bum move, I started to get seasick. Mmmmm.... there's just nothing like it. :D

So back to the real topic: I watched her leg movement very closely. Each of her feet was following a straight line between footfalls - no "one foot in front of the other" that I've seen suggested here. That kind of exaggerated stride is only found on fashion runways, not in "real" girls. Runway models are taught to walk in a highly unnatural manner. It sure looks good on them, but it's not how the female body is designed to move. And you definitely don't need to do it to get the feminine hip movement. The girl I saw today was definitely in the top 3 in my entire life of bum-watching, and that's millions of bums! :D

Brianna Lovely
05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Hmmm, millions of bums...............but this one you were watching for the walk.
So...........I think you have to go out and watch some more, for the walk, of course.

Joy Carter
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Shame on you Eva ! Tell us when you see another !:D

Paulacder
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Eva, That was me. he..he..he..:hugs: :hugs:

Eva Diva
05-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Eva, That was me. he..he..he..:hugs: :hugs:

You must be double-jointed in the hips! :D

Gloria Wetson
05-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I have also made it a point to watch GGs walk, and agree that they walk with their legs going in a straight line. However, their rear ends wiggle a little with each step. Naturally I've tried to emulate this.
Love,
Gloria

Eva Diva
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I have also made it a point to watch GGs walk, and agree that they walk with their legs going in a straight line. However, their rear ends wiggle a little with each step. Naturally I've tried to emulate this.
Love,
Gloria

Some of them wiggle a lot! :D

It's a matter of joint geometry. The angle that the thigh bone joins the pelvis is different in males and females. We can fake it - watch male latin dancers - but we don't do it the same way women do. I find that I can get in the rhythm, but it's hard for me to keep it up without it going wrong eventually. I walk a lot for exercise, so I practice for a few hundred yards at a time.

GACountrygal
05-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Ahhh, Eva, ya gave me a good laugh.. cuz, of course ya was watchin the walk, the "bums" just happened to be part of the equation right? :heehee: :p

Enjoy your "walk watchin" and hopefully it helps ya out with your own bum..errr..cough....ahem...walk :heehee:

Nic

Kate Simmons
05-10-2007, 05:32 AM
I get a similar kick out of all this walking talk Nic. Girls walk the way they do by--er default. I never placed a whole lot of emphasis on it myself and just dress to have fun. Nobody ever shouted out:"Hey, look a guy in a dress." Oh well, to each his/her own I guess.:happy:

Tamera
05-10-2007, 05:37 AM
"Shake your Moneymaker"

Some of the girls, here, can tell you I got that down.....

I Say its not just a walk, Its a STRUT, as BOB SEGER would say.
LOL
Tamera

Dixie
05-10-2007, 05:50 AM
"...Wiggle it, just a little bit. Come on and wiggle it, just a little bit, come on..."
:D

LisaElizabeth
05-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Hi all,
I like that you are doing "Field research"!!!

It shows an interest, anyway....

Most of the under 30 girls..( You can tell I'm a bit older...) Walk with a lot of wiggle and a bit of a bounce to thier step, at least here in the midwest USA.
If you watch an 'older' lady walk, even in flats and jeans, she will tend to 'glide' forward. A lot less wiggle and a much smoother forward motion. She will also tend to place her feet a little more 'one in front of the other' rather than straight ahead.
I believe it's just a generational difference. (A bit of rebellion?) In that the younger girls don't want to walk like their mothers!
When out as Lisa I walk like the ladies my age walk. With heels it has a little wiggle along with placing my foot down toe first. For most males it is a strange way to walk, but like mentioned previously if you practice a little once in awhile it becomes second nature. Believe it or not, when you get it right, you CAN walk with a book on your head and NOT drop it!! I can do that for about 5-6 minutes before I falter!!
So find how girls your own age walk and emulate them!! You will 'blend in' a lot better when you are out and about!
Hugs,
Lisa Elizabeth

Karren H
05-10-2007, 07:17 AM
I gave up trying to figure out the walk... every woman is different.... many walk like guys which is great for me!! I fit right in!! lol

Karren

uknowhoo
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
The scientific community owes you a debt of gratitude Eva for your years of tireless research. :D Now, if you happen to need a research assistant...

Robin Leigh
05-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Here's a great link about how to walk properly in high heels. The article is a bit old, and the pics & animations of low quality, but I still think it's worth looking at. And the exercises will improve your femme walk.

Wearing heels (http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm)

Robin

Angie G
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Ya I've been doing some research on the walk myself but I think I still find the need of more :hugs:
Angie

Eva Diva
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Sometimes an experimental subject just jumps out at you. :D

I have a degree in pelvic mechanics and I have a union card, so I'm authorized to look closely. Please don't do this at home. :D

GACountrygal
05-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I have a degree in pelvic mechanics and I have a union card, so I'm authorized to look closely. Please don't do this at home. :D

:eek: :heehee:

Sam-antha
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Now I have at last a name for my old hobby, thank you.
And another thank you to Robin for that magnificent collection of advice pieces. That I am going to enjoy reading and I will probably then want another pair of heels to enjoy it better with.
~Samm

Marcie Sexton
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
You're right about the walk, I too have watched a lot of gg's walk, but always like to watch them coming towards me...the fanny offers to much temptation...uh........to watch that is......:heehee:

Hali
05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I go out em fem mostly in the night so i always pass, i think i walk so girly most of the time that it reached a point where if i dont reply ( cos ma VOICE is not that PASSABLE) to GUYS trying to CHAT me up they often try to grab ma arm or grab me completely and again i get complements on ma walk, hey girls VANITY, VANITY i think am good in girly walk thats all.